Deep Space Nine Watch/Re-watch (No spoilers)

Corvinus85

• 7 months later...

Last night on the H&I channel they showed the episode where Keiko was possessed by the pa-wraiths... Rosalind Chao was fantastic in that episode... 

The thing I loved most about DS9 --besides the longer story arcs-- was how many moving parts they had working in conjunction with one another... The cardasian occupation of bajor, the dominion war, the Bajoran merging of church and state, the maquis, the Klingon civil war, the wormhole, the founders, the prophets, and the personal sublots of Garak, Julian, Dax & Worf, etc... 

I'm doing a rewatch at the moment, I thought I had a good memory of all the stronger episodes but I'd completely forgotten about Crossfire. It's probably my favourite episode of the whole thing. Rene Auberjonois is phenomenal, it deals with two of the best relationships on the show (Kira/Odo, Quark/Odo), I was blown away. The way that Odo and Quark have to be enemies because of their jobs, but they've strangely become the person the other actually spends the most time with ... and so there evolves a strange need to be friends as particularly Odo has so few other people in his life. The way Quark offers advice (but of course, he's just looking out for his business) and Odo soundproofed his room (but of course, it's happenstance that it benefits Quark) was beautiful. 

"The fact that the pool exists says something about you! About who you are. People see you as the guy who always gets his man. Now, you're becoming the guy who tears up his quarters, and sits alone in the rubble. And no-one's gonna wanna place bets on how long someone's gonna sit around in the dark... Well. I've said my piece - sorry for butting in... but I'm just looking out for my business."

"Funny. For a minute there, I thought you were talking to me as a friend."

"Nah."

And the scene at the end where he cancels their Tuesday meetings was as heartbreaking as any full blown break up I've seen. I really don't know what I'm going to watch when I'm done, there's nothing quite like Deep Space Nine.

Archived