No Shaving

Cons

Increases acne

Some people find unattractive

An extra thing to keep clean.

People can pull

Can be itchy 

Edit: because of posts

I have a beard, for about 1 1/2 years now. One day I wasn't in the mood to shave and only shaved my neck. I keep it trimmed and like I said,  no neck hair I cannot stand the feeling. Was going to shave off a month or so after I'd had it and the wife said she liked it, so I kept it. I like it but dont like it to get long. I use clippers with the lowest guard to keep it the length I like. I use some beard oil that the wife bought to keep it from drying out my face, I guess. Smells good though. Don't have a problem with acne and isn't long enough to be pulled. My daughter lays by me at night watching TV and rubs her cheek against it. She says it tickles. Newborn seems to hate it, as he grimaces every time I kiss him. All in all, I'm pro beard if its taking care of properly. 

It itches only while it grows. After a few weeks the itch should be gone, I guess (although I never had a beard for longer than 4-6 weeks). Also the skin will to some extent get used to both shaving and beard, so I do not think skin problems like acne are directly related to either. (Maybe some times will get worse or better with/without a beard.)

As for looks, this depends. Some people look ridiculous, some look old, some (not only but especially weak chin and/or babyface) can improve their looks considerably. Although I think there is one type of pudgy babyface that looks almost worse with a beard. It also depends on the beard. If too shaggy or sparse it will look like a weak effort...

I've had the same beard for ... what, 15 years now? It follows my jaw, and I started having it because it was a PITA to shave. 

Now, I can't imagine being without it - it has become a part of me. You can never take my beard away!

I guess some long-haired guys wear beards because they'd rather mistaken for homeless than for girls...

I am not fond of shaving but I do not really like myself with a beard. It's also going to have some gray in it, so I probably missed the sweet spot when a beard makes one appear more manly and mature but not too old...

I don't think I'll ever grow a full beard, for two reasons:

1. Hair on my upper lip is a lot thinner than the one on my cheeks and jaw. Until that changes, a full beard would look silly at best.
  2. I'm bald, and I don't think I can pull Tim Howard's look.

I mean, I could live without shaving, but since I do shave my head adding my face to the list is not that bad.

usually the mustache area has the strongest growth but you can do a Lincoln/Captain Ahab style ;) if this is not the case...

I am not sure but in my experience the beard growth can become stronger until one's 30s or even later that is spare patches might fill up with age.

I've had a beard more-or-less constantly for 20 years; with the odd few moths here and there being clean shaved to see if it's still a PITA.

When I was 18, I was told it made me look a little more mature; when I was 35 I was told it made me look a little younger; now I'm 40 and it makes me look like a badger - which fits the rest of my hair, so I don't care.

Less effort than shaving, just trim it with clippers once a week and simply having a shower every day is plenty.

Added bonus - it's great for annoying neices with by giving them a beard rash.

No extra achne, no itch (a lot less irritating to the skin than shaving), nothing extra to keep clean (if anything, it's less), too short to get pulled (personal taste, I've tried growing it longer, I just prefer the feel at <1cm) and there's only 1 person who's opinion of attractiveness counts and she thinks I look weird without it.

To those of you who think your beard is a little patchy and therefore do not want to take the chance, mine was the same when I first started one. But, as I've kept it, and trimmed and shaped it has grown in nice and thick. Mine wasn't very patchy, but had a few spots where it was a little thinner.  Its like a garden, it needs to be tended. :)

I'm indifferent.

While full, mine is flesh coloured anyways, I shave it weekly because it itches my neck... aesthetically it doesn't really make a difference, people don't exactly notice it until after a week without shaving, and even then, they have to be close to me to realize it's there.

Don't know if it's a boon or a curse, to be honest.

Archived