Beards

A True Kaniggit

16 hours ago, Knute said:

I definitely feel like beards are better instead of clean shaven for people with weaker jawlines, especially ones that are groomed well and look sharp. If you have a strong jawline I don't see a reason why you'd want to hide it under a beard.

They definitely are. They require a lot of upkeep, though. The majority of guys I see with beards these days (in Glasgow) don't have cool fashion model or rock star style beards. They have big scraggly, bushy fuckers that go out all over the place like pirate beards. You keep expecting a parrot to land on their shoulder or for them to start shouting out, "Yaaaahhaaarrr."

1 hour ago, The Killer Snark said:

They definitely are. They require a lot of upkeep, though. The majority of guys I see with beards these days (in Glasgow) don't have cool fashion model or rock star style facial hair. They have big scraggly, bushy fuckers that go out all over the place like pirate beards. You keep expecting a parrot to land on their shoulder or for them to start shouting out, "Yaaaahhaaarrr."

Yeah, a lot of people seem to have trouble trimming their beards to where their jawline definition should be, which ends up looking even worse than a weak jawline itself. That being said, I can barely grow a beard myself yet as it's blonde and uneven.

7 hours ago, MercifulChief said:

In her defense when despite a beard I am lounging looking disinterested in love and the world in my sequined black strapless cocktail dress just showing enough of my tattooed and hairy muscled legs I look just feminine enough to cause many questions to be asked concerning the viewer's desires. 

Now there is an image that would cause any man to admit a hard truth. 

• 1 month later...

Well my beard experiment is now over. It grew in pretty evenly for the most part. However, behind my chin there is a patch a little bigger than a quarter that is thin for some reason. It can't be seen unless I raise my head, but it bothers me just knowing it is there. So the whole beard had to go. RIP beard.

I kind of dig a scruffy, "I don't give a crap" beard that looks like the owner has been cutting lumber or laying brick.

I think a beard is super-hot, but my boyfriend is clean-shaven, and he's hot as a firecracker.  

I'm all about variety, I suppose.  

• 3 months later...
On 03.06.2016 at 6:14 PM, Elder Sister said:

I kind of dig a scruffy, "I don't give a crap" beard that looks like the owner has been cutting lumber or laying brick.

I think a beard is super-hot, but my boyfriend is clean-shaven, and he's hot as a firecracker.  

I'm all about variety, I suppose.  

I agree with you! ^_^ I like both men with beards and without them, I think that someone it can fit perfectly and someone not and I don't think that it's fair to compare who's better :rolleyes: It's just the individual tastes in fact...:rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Lot of grey showed up in the beard this year.  Digging it.  

Here too.

I went down to a van dyke (stache and chin beard) a few months ago. It was nice for a bit.  Now it is time for the full beard again and I am finding that my cheeks are sprouting grey. 

• 2 months later...

I just feel that beard adds up to our persona, it makes one look fair more handsome. I too love to have a beard; I like Van Dyke beard the most, as it’s easy to carry plus should be suitable across. However, it’s a lot to select even in there, as you might check here http://stylemann.com/best-van-dyke-beard-styles/, it’s had decision to make to pick out just one, and it’s why I keep changing my trend every month.

• 2 months later...

I've been lazy and haven't shaved for the last 2 weeks. Since it already has a head start I've decided to give my beard another chance. I'm giving it 2 more weeks. If it gives as poor of a showing as it did last year, it's getting the razor when those 2 weeks are up.

If you have a weak beard 4 weeks are the minimum, I'd say. I think 6 weeks are recommended for such cases. Of course many dark haired guys with a strong beard only need about a week for a decent beard.

(I missed the time in my 30s when I could have had a decent beard, now it would be too grey, I am afraid so I prefer no beard. Although even back then I was not too fond of the color which was rather different from my hair (reddish instead of dark blonde)

I haven't had a haircut since September, when my hair gets long I tend to forgo shaving as well, otherwise I get more people calling me "miss" or "ma'am". Last time I shaved was a couple months ago, so I'm pretty Sasquatch right now. My beard has come in thick everywhere except above and below my mouth.

I don't mind the term "neckbeard" as a descriptor, as that's pretty accurate to what I have, but I seriously hate the attitude that's come to be associated with it.

I highly recommend some good beard oil or beard balm for beards. Cuts down on itchiness, tames random hairs (my beard hairs are pretty straight and often stick out), and smell goood.

I think its very few people who can really pull of greying beards, and at that point you need to be extra on point with your grooming or you end up looking a bit like santa. Since I've got greying bits in my beard I've trimmed it right down. Your stubble going grey can also make you appear far more hobo-ish than before. 

1 hour ago, Week said:

I highly recommend some good beard oil or beard balm for beards. Cuts down on itchiness, tames random hairs (my beard hairs are pretty straight and often stick out), and smell goood.

Agreed.  I don't use those products everyday, but if I need to look a little more put-together I'll use some beard balm to tame the beast.  I put oil in there every now and then too, as a kind of conditioner.  And both do smell good.  My beard is pretty fuckin' solid.  I think I started it almost 2 years ago now.  I trim it to keep it in check, but it's old growth forest at this point.  Can't imagine shaving it now, I've had it for so long.  

Archived