A True Kaniggit

Beards

121 posts in this topic

Man, I thought this was a thread about a completely different type of beard.  

They were neat a few years ago, they are right on the cusp of being super douchey now. 

I actually just got rid of mine about two weeks ago - still keep a goatee pretty much year round because I like not getting carded - but this was my beard at the peak of its powers about a month and a half ago (shortly after this I ended up trimming it, then regrowing it then trimming down the goat and cutting everything else).

1jZEp0V.jpg

Edited by RenlyIsNotRight

Beards are always the better choice.

No doubt about it! 

But it's still hair, and when it's not managed, it looks and smells bad.

Seemed like The Oscars had a crap load of beards.  Does that mean they won't be hip for hipsters anymore?

I hate shaving so my face is almost always just clipped close to the skin.  Almost always a goatee occasional beard.

For my job, it's either shave everyday or keep a nicely trimmed beard/facial hair.  The other factors aside, the choice is easy.  I only have to trim the beard once a week.  I got used to the itchy part after awhile and don't notice it now.

Just shaved my beard and now look 10 years younger.... for better or worse.

My beard is long, grey, and glorious. It's growth has surpassed the sea captain stage and is entering full on wizard status. People without beards call me sir.

I have recently been letting the sides of my mustache out, and to my delight, they curl natural like a silent movie villain. With a little more length, I will be getting some wax to make them curl over and over again, 

The first question to ask is, as always,

Do you even lift, bro?

if yes, beard is for you.  If no, then it doesn't help much.  I have no beard and I won't grow one until maybe when I'm old.  It is too typical and people will just assume I'm trying too hard to look like special forces or something

On 3/19/2016 at 10:03 PM, giant snake said:

[The first question to ask is, as always,

Do you even lift, bro?

if yes, beard is for you.  If no, then it doesn't help much.  I have no beard and I won't grow one until maybe when I'm old.  It is too typical and people will just assume I'm trying too hard to look like special forces or something

Or, maybe you just like having a beard? Try not to think about it that much, buddy. 

4 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Or, maybe you just like having a beard? Try not to think about it that much, buddy. 

I'm not the one asking the question JEEZ

When all you try to do is help somebody...

Imo a beard looks good if you don't have very strong features like a prominent jawline or a square jawline. If you have a prominent jawline I don't see why you'd want to hide it with a beard (maybe one just to frame it more).

On 3/7/2016 at 11:56 AM, Nasrudin's True Love said:

No.  If someone challenges you to a Beard-Off, the appropriate response is to decline.  Beards should not be the subject nor the object of competition.  They are true expressions of our unique, individual spirits and, as such, they are as wondrous as are we!

If you are able to decline then you are a stronger person than I. I have been challenged, and that challenge has been accepted. My pride will not let me say no. In 45 days the razors come out and it begins. I will have the winning beard after 30 days.

It's not about being strong, it's about having total inner beard peace. 

This year I had a Winter Solstice to Spring Equinox beard. I thanked it for keeping my face warm during the winter and making me look older, wiser, and more masculine. I scattered it to the wind so birds can use it to fortify their nests. Goodbye, beard. See you next year.

That's beautiful, WS.  I, too, recently harvested my face fields to allow my chin and cheeks to feel the sun.  Until the weather turns cold again, I will grow my beard only in my heart. 

5 hours ago, Nasrudin's True Love said:

That's beautiful, WS.  I, too, recently harvested my face fields to allow my chin and cheeks to feel the sun.  Until the weather turns cold again, I will grow my beard only in my heart. 

I thought your goal was to become less handsome! Now look what you've done!

1 hour ago, kairparavel said:

True handsomeness, like true beardliness, is an irrepressible inner quality. Everyone here has big bushy beautiful ginger beards in my eyes

4 hours ago, kairparavel said:

I used to believe anything was possible, kair.