(Spoilers) FX The Americans v.3

Mark Antony

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wonder if --considering the timeline of this show-- whether it will end with the berlin wall coming down... it would add to the irony should they get caught or killed .... or even if they don't, and Elizabeth winds up having to remain in the great evil America

So yeah I loved that premiere. Really looking forward to seeing how Phillips Russian son plays a part this season. Never though I would be this interested in Oleg as a character but for some reason I am. 

That last scene was super tense. I kinda figured Hans was fucked whenever they showed Elizabeth offer him a sip of water :lol: I have watched too much tv. 

Agree Antony, great, intensive ending.

I will say however -

Spoiler

That has GOT to be THE longest 6 minutes and 47 seconds of shoveling in TV history.  I feel sort of ambiguously about it TBH - it did really build tension wondering exactly what was going to happen once they got to the bottom and opened him up, but also made me wait just a BIT too long - as in 4 minutes or so, as 3 minutes for a single sequence is forever in TV...or film for that matter IMO.  I still loved it, and if nothing else, no other TV program is ever going to show a nearly 7 minute long excavation sequence, hah.

This season is going to be great, they've got several interesting arcs from the end of last season which they're developing already, that I'm already contemplating the possible results.  There is also a very new arc (their cliche Pilot/Attendant personas and that mission, while mysterious still, was well built so far).

34 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

OMG, THEY KILLED

Hide contents

HANS

THE BASTARDS!

(Can't say he didn't had it coming though; stupid, stupid mistake).

Jesus, Henry is bigger than Paige already. We're all getting old.

That was stone cold.

Is this the final season or do we get a season 6 as well? I recall them saying there were only 2 seasons at some point and I'm hoping that was during season 4.

Curious as to how his son will play out. The fact their handlers are already worried about it has me thinking things won't play out the way I'm expecting eg he turns up and creates chaos amongst the Smiths.

The opening confused me - for a second I thought they'd recast Henry again!

I'm always surpised by how dense this show is even when it sometimes appears slow. It feels like a lot has passed in four seasons.

Can someone jog my memory about last season's final scene with the doctor? He did say something that could eventually lead to Stan working things out, right? I vaguely recall it being something like him revealing the spies were a couple.

My wife's, brother-in-law's father died from some rare, deadly disease a few years ago and because of whatever it was that killed him, there were really strict laws with how his body had to be taken care of. It was sort of like the guy on the show. He couldn't be cremated (as was his wish) and had to be buried in a crazy secure body bag so that whatever it was he had didn't get out into the environment.

4 minutes ago, MisterOJ said:

My wife's, brother-in-law's father died from some rare, deadly disease a few years ago and because of whatever it was that killed him, there were really strict laws with how his body had to be taken care of. It was sort of like the guy on the show. He couldn't be cremated (as was his wish) and had to be buried in a crazy secure body bag so that whatever it was he had didn't get out into the environment.

Interesting. I guess it would have to be a self-contained incinerator where nothing gets out into the environment to be sure. Leaving it buried clearly isn't a safe option either - unless you want to return to it at some point.

Luckily for the show they just used soil - I'd have put some cement over the coffin as well.

Our favorite American couple has returned and they are amazing as always.

First thing, I love their unabashed patriotism. They know how life in SSSR sucked back then, and they are put in much comfier environment, but they are still loyal to the idea that was obviously not doing great. One has to wonder whether we can truly appreciate our countries and feel true patriotism unless we go through something like that. The question that remains, would we like our countries if we would have nothing to eat? 

The digging scene was done nicely. I like how they took time. It was going and going and going... They took time and then just when you thought everything is well... BAM!!! Will Elizabeth sleep tightly? 

On 3/9/2017 at 4:07 AM, Jaxom 1974 said:

But what the heck? That body would have been incinerated. 

Even today, I think most bodies like that (with contaminating agents being virile after the death of the patient) are not being burned but specially preserved to avoid contamination during decomposition.

Archived