Season 6 Trailer

briantw

I think we need to be careful with our speculation because we don't really know how it's going to work/happen for Jon.

Beric was resurrected by Thoros multiple times but lose some of his identity each time.

Mirri Maz Durr resurrected something in Drogo, maybe.  Either Rhaego took Drogo's place and vice versa, or the spell/ritual didn't work as intended due to Jorah's intrusion, or because Mirri misled Dany and the ritual performed was not as advertised.

Varamyr skin-changes while his body is dying but not yet dead.  Now he ended up losing the battle against Thistle but he does wind up spiritually in one of his wolves.  So we have that if he spends too long skinchanged within the animal, the more likely he'll become more like the animal, but nothing as to if he comes across an easier victim than Thistle, what happens then?  Wild but in a new host?

We don't know which of these will be tried or what consequences will occur as a result, because we don't have all the information about the different ways resurrection can occur and the actual cost and likely varying results.

We can't be certain of the result of say... when The Lord's kiss is given, that the person whose body is receiving the kiss' spirit is not within the body actually loses some of their 'essence' as does Beric.  For example...

Until we see how it's actually done it's anyone's guess as to how this will turnout.  How much time does Jon spend in Ghost (if any) before any ritual is complete?  Does he get the kiss, as well as Skinchange, or some other form of blood-magic?  No skinchanging at all?  Possible since the show hasn't developed the other kid's doing it compared to Bran.  Some new form we've yet to see, or at least different in nuance to what we have seen?  Likely so, this isn't just any resurrection!  

Jon likes to remember how Ygritte was kissed by fire... I think that's a hint... his northern cold@ss is about to be kissed by fire, from someone kissed, by fire!  

Wait, what was I saying about speculating?! :P

5 minutes ago, Ser Knute said:

I think we need to be careful with our speculation because we don't really know how it's going to work/happen for Jon.

Beric was resurrected by Thoros multiple times but lose some of his identity each time.

Mirri Maz Durr resurrected something in Drogo, maybe.  Either Rhaego took Drogo's place and vice versa, or the spell/ritual didn't work as intended due to Jorah's intrusion, or because Mirri misled Dany and the ritual performed was not as advertised.

Varamyr skin-changes while his body is dying but not yet dead.  Now he ended up losing the battle against Thistle but he does wind up spiritually in one of his wolves.  So we have that if he spends too long skinchanged within the animal, the more likely he'll become more like the animal, but nothing as to if he comes across an easier victim than Thistle, what happens then?  Wild but in a new host?

We don't know which of these will be tried or what consequences will occur as a result, because we don't have all the information about the different ways resurrection can occur and the actual cost and likely varying results.

We can't be certain of the result of say... when The Lord's kiss is given, that the person whose body is receiving the kiss' spirit is not within the body actually loses some of their 'essence' as does Beric.  For example...

Until we see how it's actually done it's anyone's guess as to how this will turnout.  How much time does Jon spend in Ghost (if any) before any ritual is complete?  Does he get the kiss, as well as Skinchange, or some other form of blood-magic?  No skinchanging at all?  Possible since the show hasn't developed the other kid's doing it compared to Bran.  Some new form we've yet to see, or at least different in nuance to what we have seen?  Likely so, this isn't just any resurrection!  

Jon likes to remember how Ygritte was kissed by fire... I think that's a hint... his northern cold@ss is about to be kissed by fire, from someone kissed, by fire!  

Wait, what was I saying about speculating?! :P

Erhm... The 'lord's kiss' and the 'kiss of life' are two very different things. The kiss of life is the ritual kiss R'hllorists give their dead; the lord's kiss is how Ygritte calls oral sex. :P

As long as Mel and Davos don't get down to it and produce a shadow baby which is used to bond with Jon's spiritual being to help resurrect Jon.

Is that even an option? A shadow baby to do good things?

6 hours ago, Ser Knute said:

As I understand the mechanics, when a skinchanger's original body dies they lose the ability to skinchange.  That means that Varamyr lost to Thistle, but succeeded with his wolf, before his body died.  He is stuck with the wolf, until the end. 

On 16. 3. 2016 at 0:10 AM, MtnLion said:

Nah!  He is going to come back Jon Targaryen.  And I am really looking forward to Alliser Thorne finding that tidbit out.  :P

Him coming as Jon Targayren is just pipe dream right now. He would need to find out about his parentage from someone and someone would have to acknowledge that with proof. Also he has no emotional connection to them so far. Besides how can you tell difference between Jon Snow, Stark or Taragyren? It's not like he'll be there with silver hair and purple eyes. The dude will be alive with glorious girly hair and stupid look on his face as always. What I am looking for is look of Thorne seeing Jon alive or army of the dead marching on the wall. Either way Thorne is about to be killed in next season.

On 3/17/2016 at 8:38 AM, Mandzipop said:

As long as Mel and Davos don't get down to it and produce a shadow baby which is used to bond with Jon's spiritual being to help resurrect Jon.

Is that even an option? A shadow baby to do good things?

Not that I subscribe to this theory, but I don't see why a shadow baby has to be used for evil. It's just a tool of the shadow-binder, so it entirely depends on the binder's motives, no? I mean, I don't know what those shadows can do aside from killing, but maybe they can also deliver baskets of cookies to orphans and widows.

On 08/03/2016 at 8:55 AM, Zadeth said:

MLAueAg.png

pOZgwLQ.png

I just saw something come across my FB feed about Davos becoming the 999th Lord Comander, he is wearing black here, can anyone confirm whether he has always worn black?? 

Nobody much has commented on why he would claim Longclaw either, any thoughts on his right to it? 

This scene is a close follow-up to the assassination. No time to hold a new election for the Lord Commander position. And there's no way the Night's Watch would choose him, he's not even a sworn brother. Alliser and co wouldn't allow it and they're still living and breathing in this scene.

This is what he's wearing

dac03131c628f8d4cf649bec097159b7639fd5a1

The clothes appear pitch black because it's a nighttime. It's a dark shot.

A few random and crazy notions to think about and discuss about the trailer

Sir Alister has tried to make a deal with the Bolton's to attack the wildlings
its backfired for him and its him on the burning cross
Unlikely i know but hell lets throw another srimp on the barby

The scenes involving Arya getting hit by the waif at 1.05 are a differnet time line than 1.19
it could be its another attack by the waif and this time Arya wargs and is ready for her
she definitely has more scars on her face though she dosnt exactly look blind in either scene

The scenes involving Sansa Theon and Brienne are all seperate events
Theon draws off the bolton guards with the dogs to let Sansa escape and he sort of rescue's himself the dogs are his friends dont forget
Sansa is rescued by the guy on the horse and flaming torch and its one of Littlefingers men
the one shot of him is walking up to tell Sansa she is safe (we know different) dont forget 
John's gona need a army and littlefinger has one

I cant see how Brienne is going to get on with Littlefinger or with the Greyjoys why i think
she's not connected

And btw im shure the boat in the storm is Sam's boat Bravos maybe :)

On 14.3.2016 at 4:34 AM, Lovely Lyanna said:

I think the trailer is very, very good. I like the music and I like how they cut the scenes. The only thing that bothered me was the Tower of Joy scene where they show the Stark "men."  They did not look like men, but rather like prepubescent boys. That is just disappointingly Hollywood. I had a feeling that would happen when I saw the kid that would play Ned Stark. Evidently he is not old enough to even have to shave. They looked like a boy band and not warriors that could best Ser Arthur Dayne. I was expecting them to break out in a carefully choreographed dance while lip-syncing.

But you know, that book Robb Stark was 14. Joffrey 13, Sansa 12, Dany 13 and so on. So people in those world fight before they can shave themselfs. It's actually the other way round. "Hollywood" aka HBO aged the whole cast up by 5 to 10 years to not get into legal trouble with nude szenes and age work protection laws in the countries they film the movie. 

On 3/17/2016 at 9:28 PM, of man and wolf said:

Killing Ghost wouldnt bring Jon back, if Jon is in him. It'd be Jon's final death blow. Robb supposedly warged Grey Wind during the wedding and he eventually died too after getting shot numerous times.

If death does pay for life, just kill the boy. And by kill the boy, as Aemon said, I mean Olly.

this is what i think will happen!! Olly took the final stab at him, its only right to kill Olly 

I don't know if anyone has brought this up already, but all the battle scenes are what I think an episode that's gonna play out a lot like Blackwater. With Jon, having been resurrected, bringing the great houses of the north + wildlings together for to take back Winterfell and end the Boltons.

I love the contrast of the Boltons perfectly assembled shields vs. crazy unorganized wildlings and the look Tormund gives infront of the shields, like something has gone wrong.

LP8aV0t.pngV31862a.png3lNbM5T.pngznNaDVj.png

It would be interesting if Sansa and Tormund meets. I could picture Tormund helping Sansa to rally the northerners to battle against the Boltons.

8 hours ago, dread wolf said:

the body burning on the cross looks small damn it looks like rickon :(

The body actually looks like an adult if you look closer.

Archived