Season 6 trailer

dariopatke

Trailer for season 6 just aired and I would like if we could talk about details of it.

So I guess we have Arthur Dayne, and will Davos butcher Men of the Watch? That would be awesome. And Snowball, so many so epic scenes, but my number one is Bran, I was so shocked when I saw who is behing him. SO AWESOME! I must say the waiting was worth it.

What did you like the most? Have you seen any small detail that is i portant? And of course, are you annoyed as much as I am because Jorah and Darrio found the ring? And yes, will we have siege of Mereen or somethig simillar?

I also noticed that High Sparrow is talking to a Kingsguard when he said that they can overthrow an empire, I go with Jaime, he is too small for unGregor amd why would HS talk to him? Also Jaime is the only relevant KG in the show now that ser Meryn is gone.

Also, 1:00 is this Silence?

1:06 Coldhands?

1:06 He have an orange flag next to the Boltons, who is that, I go with Ryswell, but maybe Hornwood.

1:14 who is jumping?

1:15 who is with that girl? Yara?

1:19 who is Dotrakhi running at?

About Bran, it may be a vision because he is standing, but Nights King is clearly looking at him.

Doubt Davos is going to fight off all those NW men. Guessing something interrupts the action like Melisandre or Tormund and the wildlings or someone blowing a horn.

Euron standing on the bridge is a big nudge in a certain direction.

Tyrion possibly trying to release the dragons ala Quentyn?

Overall I thought the trailer was ok. Didn't really show anything I wasn't already expecting. Good to see it again though.

The main highlight for me was the the footage of the TOJ flashback.

Let's see what they can do with it... 

How the hell does this post only have 3 responses yet the rant and rave thread has 200 pages???

I think clear to me from the trailer Jon is coming back episode 1 via Melisandre and the Nightswatch mutineers will have a confrontration with Davos and those still supportive of Jon in that same episode.

ALso sets up the the Lancel vs Robert Strong too!

19 minutes ago, JonSnowed said:

How the hell does this post only have 3 responses yet the rant and rave thread has 200 pages???

Because people (myself included) really love and need a good moan about the poor deviations the show has taken from the books. It's good to vent.

39 minutes ago, JonSnowed said:

I think clear to me from the trailer Jon is coming back episode 1 via Melisandre and the Nightswatch mutineers will have a confrontration with Davos and those still supportive of Jon in that same episode.

ALso sets up the the Lancel vs Robert Strong too!

I dunno, the impression I got from the trailer was that Jon won't be coming back quite so immediately as I thought. There seems to be quite a bit of story to get through till he's revived, just from looking at that trailer.

Interesting, I took all those scenes to be from episode 1 and the scene where Alliser and his cronies are breaking the door down to be near the end presumably because they know that Melisandre is working her thing on Jon, at this point Davos, Edd and a few Jon loyalists fight them off.  At this stage I would be pretty certain a Jon returning to life is the final scene from episode 1.

I am guessing Dany arriving at Vaes Dothrak is also episode 1/2 moment.  Same as Theon and Sansa being caught by the Boltons only to be saved by Brienne or at least it appears that way. 

I can't see it to be honest. Considering you have all this story to get through.. Jons body being left out, discovered, moved back in.. you have Mel having a breakdown, talking to Davos.. Davos possibly going to find Shireens pyre, coming back ( this all might be later on though ) , them finding out about the resurrection possibility, them deciding to do it, them actually doing it, the NW trying to potentially stop them or something, Davos fighting the NW..

Thats a lot for one episode.

Why on earth would Davos go to Shireens pyre (there is the scene of him over a pile of burnt wood...but that could very well him being headed somewhere afterwards coming across it...I can't see what him rushing there does...it makes a much more impact-full reminder afterwards)? The long shot of Jon is probably how the episode starts. They can have one scene where Davos again questions Mel on what the hell exactly happened w/ Stannis (since it was pretty truncated with her just being pouty and sulking away last season) another scene where Mel explains to Davos the resurrection and then the fighting scene w/ Davos.

It is a lot...but it can easily happen in episode 1 or 2. It was a huge moment to leave the average audience on the last season. We clearly are going to see Jon laying on a slab...they're not going to drag that out til 3 or 4. Liam himself said in an interview " The first episode to kick off with [Melisandre] – without saying anything again – is astonishing. There’s absolutely amazing stuff coming up, just so left of field. " ...I doubt more of her sulking can be considered astonishing.

I would much rather spend some time with Jon and the fallout of the mutiny, and Jon or learnings of Jon by/with the other Northern lords that we know are cast prior to the 'battle of the bastards'....then spend 2-3 episodes watching Mel be sulky and Davos hanging out looking perplexed...I don't think the writers have that kind of depth....lets bring him back and move on. There's way too many pieces in play this season to waste any time with anything. This is easily the most expansive season since 3, regardless of their statements of the world getting smaller. The cast is bursting at the seams this season.

Just now, White Harbors Wrath said:

Neds in the front...they probably just changed the number.

Yea it does look like a young Ned, it's just weird to cut it by one.  I would get it if they brought it to 5 but if you're gonna do 6 you might as well do 7.  Whatever, very very small complaint, the new season looks pretty good in my opinion

A few Questions and thoughts

Is Cersei not going to the trial by seven willingly? Is that what happens at 0:55. Don't Cersei have faith that Robert Strong would win the trial and clear her name? Why risk a war against the faith?

Do you think Sean Bean is going to play his young self during the Tower of Joy flashback?

Cool Kingsmoot. Will all characters be there? sure Asha(Yara) and Euron is there but what about Victarion and Aeron?

Is it Stannis burning on that cross? Is Stannis really dead? I know that they have ''confirmed'' that Stannis died but maybe they're lying. Shyamalan style?

Did the show confirm that Euron killed Balon at 1:15?

At 1:17ish the death of Kevan Lannister?

Did Jorah really find a ring in the middle of nowhere?

Is this season gonna suck balls?

17 minutes ago, The Night King Cometh said:

Yea it does look like a young Ned, it's just weird to cut it by one.  I would get it if they brought it to 5 but if you're gonna do 6 you might as well do 7.  Whatever, very very small complaint, the new season looks pretty good in my opinion

If that's their biggest deviation we're in good shape lol

6 minutes ago, Lord Greenhood said:

A few Questions and thoughts

Cersei might be calling for a trial by combat, or resisting being taken back to the cells, using Strong as shield, as it goes Lancel-Strong-Cersei. Cersei's "violence" was my favorite line in the trailer.

Hope Bean plays his younger self! He's iconic as Ned, and toj is a Ned moment.

I hope like hell they cut Victarion, who is one of the extraneous characters plaguing Dance. I assume Asha and Euron will be at the moot.

Stannis is dead. He might not be the burning corpse, as didn't Brienne behead him? The corpse has its head.

I think so. Why else would Euron be on a bridge?

idk. Hope so as Kevan needs to die for things to move forward.

Seems to be the case lol.

No way to predict from the trailer. For me, no season so far has sucked balls.

16 minutes ago, Lord Greenhood said:

Did Jorah really find a ring in the middle of nowhere?

Is this season gonna suck balls?

Yes. That old, tired, lazy hack trick worked. Aside from finding an intact ring in the middle of a huge  rocky valley like that actually being plausible, there were atleast 50,000 horse hooves that just trampled the Shit out of that ring. And it worked :bang:

It wont suck balls if you are Yara. Just ask Qarla the maid.

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

It wont suck balls if you are Yara. Just ask Qarla the maid.

We were always due a totally gratuitous lesbian sex scene, as GRRM, the brilliant and sensitive writer on female sexuality that he is, includes not one, but two such scenes, both (of course) with straight women: Dany with one of her maids, and Cersei with Taena.

52 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

Why on earth would Davos go to Shireens pyre (there is the scene of him over a pile of burnt wood...but that could very well him being headed somewhere afterwards coming across it...I can't see what him rushing there does...it makes a much more impact-full reminder afterwards)? The long shot of Jon is probably how the episode starts. They can have one scene where Davos again questions Mel on what the hell exactly happened w/ Stannis (since it was pretty truncated with her just being pouty and sulking away last season) another scene where Mel explains to Davos the resurrection and then the fighting scene w/ Davos.

It is a lot...but it can easily happen in episode 1 or 2. It was a huge moment to leave the average audience on the last season. We clearly are going to see Jon laying on a slab...they're not going to drag that out til 3 or 4. Liam himself said in an interview " The first episode to kick off with [Melisandre] – without saying anything again – is astonishing. There’s absolutely amazing stuff coming up, just so left of field. " ...I doubt more of her sulking can be considered astonishing.

Yeah true, if they are talking up the first episode as amazing they may well concentrate heavily on that storyline and give it a lot of space to get that all in.

It all depends though, the way they tend to space out the episodes and pacing, is that they tend to do a bit of a bang at the start of the season, a lull, then a mini bang, then a lull, then a big bang towards the end. Depends if Jon is the bang at the start or the minibang in the middle. :)

Archived