2016 Ice & Fire Con, Pembroke VA

Just wanted to let you guys know of a really awesome con that coming up next month. This will be my third time going and it's an awesome event.

Website | Facebook Group | Facebook Page | Tumblr

WHEN: April 22 - 24, 2016

WHERE: Mountain Lake Lodge in Pembroke, Virginia

WHAT: The Convention of Ice & Fire, a convention themed around George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series, is the only convention of its sort in America.

It is a tiny con (although with a new location we are going to expand this year!) but there's something for everyone. Panels, feasts, cosplay, gaming tournaments, a mock tourney/archery competition, a dance, and lots more.

We have representatives from Podcast of Ice and Fire attend every year.

Here is an album from last year (don't worry though--plenty of attendees don't cosplay)

Here is an article about the Con: Ice & Fire Con: A.K.A. “Camp for Game of Thrones Fans”

This con was born from the want of more ASOIAF themed content at DragonCon and it stemmed from there. We were first based out of New Plymouth, OH, but just this year have moved down to VA to accommodate our growing numbers

6 hours ago, OneEyedRaven said:

This con was born from the want of more ASOIAF themed content at DragonCon and it stemmed from there. We were first based out of New Plymouth, OH, but just this year have moved down to VA to accommodate our growing numbers

Congratulations on the successful growth!! I know how effin' hard it is to put on a convention, and tons of props to you guys for being able to keep going. I'm not going to be able to make it this year. :(

Do you guys take donations?

24 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Congratulations on the successful growth!! I know how effin' hard it is to put on a convention, and tons of props to you guys for being able to keep going. I'm not going to be able to make it this year. :(

Do you guys take donations?

absolutely! I'm one of the volunteers so I can help you out Just let me know what kind of item(s) you would like to donate (then we can pm from there). We have a silent auction and anything you would like to offer would be much appreciated. if you want us to post links on our site (like for your bid), let me know!

9 hours ago, OneEyedRaven said:

absolutely! I'm one of the volunteers so I can help you out Just let me know what kind of item(s) you would like to donate (then we can pm from there). We have a silent auction and anything you would like to offer would be much appreciated. if you want us to post links on our site (like for your bid), let me know!

Killer. :) I'll dig through the boxes of ASOIAF stuff I have this weekend and see if there's anything that might be of interest. If there is, I'll drop you a PM and we can go from there!

• 1 month later...

Do you folks think this thing will stay in Virginia, or do you have plans to move it to different locations?

I'd definitely be up for a con like this within 250 miles or so of Chicago.  Just sayin'.

7 hours ago, pablonohablo said:

Do you folks think this thing will stay in Virginia, or do you have plans to move it to different locations?

I'd definitely be up for a con like this within 250 miles or so of Chicago.  Just sayin'.

We actually had a decent Midwest group drive from Chicago and the surrounding areas to the con this year. We are definitely in talks for next year with this location (Mountain Lake Lodge) and there is definitely room for our group to grow here. Once 2017 dates and other information is announced I will post here to keep you up to date.

Archived