Acrophilia #9

yomi

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Good news - I received unsolicited feedback.

Bad news - I'm doing as poorly as I feared.

trying to lower expectations... just so when your perfect list is revealed you can .....     

:shocked:

oh yeah i forgot it was who i was talking to...

:smoking:

5 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

I shall enjoy all pain suffered by the extension seekers and/or the host :pirate:

I know I have things wrong, including the theme, but an extension is not welcome :pirate:

now, now my favourite ephemeral :ninja:...lessor beings must be allowed to strive for the bottom...

though they should watch out...after this round i am in free fall....

...and a falling sniffer can fuck ya up, if you ain't careful

29 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

A bar near me is hosting a Game of Thrones quiz tonight. I'm meeting a couple of friends there in about 20 minutes.

If I don't return a winner I will feel shamed even if all the questions are about the show.

If they ask for acronyms, you should be set!

LOL

It was advertised as a Game of Thrones quiz. In fact only one round was about Game of Thrones. There was a true or false round, 2 general knowledge rounds, one music round and 2 picture rounds that had nothing to do with GoT.

We still won despite the inaccuracy of one of their GoT answers (apparently they thought the birds that came out of Joffrey's wedding pie were doves!). We won a £25 bar tab so I'm pleasantly inebriated!

2 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

LOL

It was advertised as a Game of Thrones quiz. In fact only one round was about Game of Thrones. There was a true or false round, 2 general knowledge rounds, one music round and 2 picture rounds that had nothing to do with GoT.

We still won despite the inaccuracy of one of their GoT answers (apparently they thought the birds that came out of Joffrey's wedding pie were doves!). We won a £25 bar tab so I'm pleasantly inebriated!

alright good for you...pigeons for the win....

i shall have another drink in honor of your win...

14 hours ago, a free shadow said:

I shall enjoy all pain suffered by the extension seekers and/or the host :pirate:

I know I have things wrong, including the theme, but an extension is not welcome :pirate:

You are quite right and will be happy to know the extension did me no good. Bashing my brain made me get just one more clue, didn't clarify the theme, and I think half my answers are wrong. I am just too tired to think of any yes.no question that would solve all my clue problems and prelims would be useless when I am sure so many are wrong.

Vote for your favourite round 2 hint!

1. Twas infidelity scuttled nymph's nuptials.   -   Lyanna Stark

2. 'Tramp''s impatient. - Scrounger - Neatly nixed.   -   Viserys Targaryen

He’s a beggar so I used the word tramp, and he’s very impatient. Scrounger, incase people don’t get the tramp reference. Neatly nixed, because his death was in Vaes Dothrak and not a drop of blood was spilled.

3. Tree inscriptions stop nearing northwest.   -   Benjen Stark

4. Trout's ignoble spawn. Newlywed nincompoop.   -   Edemure Tully

my clue is pretty self explanatory...trout spawn...tully child ...newlywed nincompoop, points to red wedding and his stupid attack at the mill...

5. Tyrant’s inheritor. Supplanted nervous nelly.   -   Dickon Tarly

Dickon Tarly supplanted his older brother Sam, a self-described craven, as heir to Horn Hill because their tyrannical, martinet father didn't approve of Sam.

6. Thirteen is sunshine's nascent noble.   -   Trystane Martell

7. Youngest stray of arctic nobility.   -   Rickon Stark

8. Tendency: insurrection. Success: none. Nuisance!   -   Balon Greyjoy

Balon has made several attempts to win independence for his own little kingdom, but he hasn't achieved much success in this regard. He has managed, however, to be a real nuisance to the lords who have had to deal with his "Old Ways". 

9. Trout is saxatile ninny, nuisance.   -   Lysa Arryn

10. Terrible incarnadine sewing necklaced Northman.   -   Robb Stark

11. The Insightful Seaman - Nevermore...Nevermore!   -   Euron Greyjoy

It is really just that I am a great Poe fan, and this was the first chance to use nevermore for an 'N' in a hint that would actually be appropriate. Crow = Raven.

Theme: Siblings of POV characters

If you want to add an explanation to your clue or change the current one, you can still do so.

Please vote for your favourite clue via PM until Thursday, the 21th April, 1 pm Central European time.

Round 3 hints:

1. Supports the shattered - provides rides.

2. “Pet” leads organization.

3. Safeguards travelling star-pointer. "Ruff!"

4. Snow teamer. Sat perched. Repetitious.

5. She's the silver princess's ride.

6. Spitting, torn survivor. Perhaps Regal.

7. Season, truly. Sojourning pack ravenous.

8. Strong trumpeter says plowing repulsive.

9. Sharp teeth savoured postmenly repast.

10. Smallest, tamest, sweetest. Perished rapidly.

11. Spat toward suspicious puss...Really!!

Please hand in your answers until Thursday, the 28th April, 10 am Central European time.

I solved everything, but the fifth clue immediately. And everyone, except clue 6, were pairs of siblings. I thought this must be the theme and therefore my guess for the 6th must be incorrect - that the 5th and 6th must both be siblings of someone on the list already. And that is why I called the 5th and 6th clues bad, when only the 5th was bad! :ninja: 

I do not like the execution of the theme by the host either - why have the pairs if they do not mean anything :pirate:

Well, the answers to clue 2, 5 and 6 don't have pairs. And it's not my fault that a lot of POV characters have two named siblings, who aren't POVs themselves. If Davos, JonCon, Mel and Areo had named siblings, there'd be less pairs.

Yes, but an equally reasonable answer to the 5th clue could have been "anyone", including Daenerys, so here the 2nd and the 5th get a pair, and in the end I argued that Trystane was added because of the odd number (and because he has a couple of siblings as well). I understand it was not the best idea, but I was afraid it is the true :ninja:

I was sure that Balon's clue was about Viserys. Oops.  He definitely tended toward insurrection...in Westeros. Had no success...in anything. And was a major nuisance to pretty much everyone around him.  

Then of course I got Viserys' clue wrong. Could not put it together cause I had Mad V in the wrong place. I finally threw in Brandon Stark cause he was impatient, and rather neatly nixed. Though with the explanation on clue two I have to say that yes Viserys' nixing was in fact much neater.

Was pretty sure Rhaegar was wrong for 5, but left him in cause I couldn't figure out who it was and thought maybe I was reading it wrong somehow.

Archived