Nymeria and Arya

esilvia2003

I think Arya spent enough time in proximity to Nymeria during her Bataan death march around the Riverlands to develop their link very strongly (and although she may not have consciously recognized that she was warging, I do think Arya knew her wolf dreams were not just ordinary dreams). They were all that kept her going at times. 

I believe they will be reunited, but it will be because Arya comes back to Westeros. I cannot imagine a scenario where a direwolf gets itself ferried across the Narrow Sea. If she didn't have her pack, *maybe* she could be captured for a grotesquerie, but nobody is going to dare that. 

4 hours ago, Demonking1381 said:

Would nymeria even remember arya? I mean it's been several years since they've seen each other and arya only had her for like a month before sending her away.

Upon a reunion, you can be 100% sure that George makes it so that Nymeria still remembers Arya. 

I personally can't even envision a scenario where she wouldn't. The connection is there already. It's hopefully only a matter of time until we see them together again pulling off some insane warging scenes that will blow readers minds. 

In ADWD, Arya is having wolf dreams through Nymeria's eyes....so I think it's safe to say that the mental link between the two still exist.

GRRM did say in an interview once that Nymeria and her pack will play a role in the future books.  One can only assume Arya is also tied into this in some capacity.

4 hours ago, Demonking1381 said:

Would nymeria even remember arya? I mean it's been several years since they've seen each other and arya only had her for like a month before sending her away.

Of course she would. They're bonded to each other. And Nymeria was able to recognize Cat's scent, she was probably barely around Cat. 

4 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

In ADWD, Arya is having wolf dreams through Nymeria's eyes....so I think it's safe to say that the mental link between the two still exist.

GRRM did say in an interview once that Nymeria and her pack will play a role in the future books.  One can only assume Arya is also tied into this in some capacity.

Ya the George said something like you don't have this massive wolf pack roaming around and not do anything with it.

Should be some good stuff eventually.

10 hours ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

I think Arya spent enough time in proximity to Nymeria during her Bataan death march around the Riverlands to develop their link very strongly (and although she may not have consciously recognized that she was warging, I do think Arya knew her wolf dreams were not just ordinary dreams). They were all that kept her going at times. 

I believe they will be reunited, but it will be because Arya comes back to Westeros. I cannot imagine a scenario where a direwolf gets itself ferried across the Narrow Sea. If she didn't have her pack, *maybe* she could be captured for a grotesquerie, but nobody is going to dare that. 

This made me think of the way the Captain reacted when Arya gave him the coin for passage to Bravos.  Could you imagine if a Direwolf waltzed on up and jumped on a ship?  Someone would need a change of underwear. 

5 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

Yup.  It's my hope that she rides Nymeria into the Twins and rips out Walders throat.  The BS story they told about the Northmen turning into wolves and savaging them would turn out to have some truth to it.  Is it weird that I want to read about someone dying so viciously?  lol

18 minutes ago, RobOsevens said:

Not at all haha. I'm pretty sure everyone invested in the Starks has had similar feelings. 

He’s such a good actor that between this show and Harry Potter I had a really tough time cheering for him as a good guy in The Strain. 

5 minutes ago, DarkSister1001 said:

He’s such a good actor that between this show and Harry Potter I had a really tough time cheering for him as a good guy in The Strain. 

Haven't watched the Strain, read the book when it first came out and hated it. It is written exactly like a tv series, like you can tell where each epsiode would end, hell even where the commercial breaks would be. Interesting story but terrible novel. 

I'm sure the show is decent though

1 hour ago, RobOsevens said:

Ya the George said something like you don't have this massive wolf pack roaming around and not do anything with it.

Should be some good stuff eventually.

I'm curious what they are doing in the Riverlands....as there is not much going on over there at the moment (that I can recall, at least).

I would like to see the pack of Wolves have something to do with the downfall of The Freys though....especially if Arya is in control of Nymeria.  

21 minutes ago, RobOsevens said:

Haven't watched the Strain, read the book when it first came out and hated it. It is written exactly like a tv series, like you can tell where each epsiode would end, hell even where the commercial breaks would be. Interesting story but terrible novel. 

I'm sure the show is decent though

Really?  Yuck!  I like the show.  I like anything about the apocalypse.  I might be a bit dark and twisty.  :)

17 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

I'm curious what they are doing in the Riverlands....as there is not much going on over there at the moment (that I can recall, at least).

Growing their pack.  Mwahahaha!  Truthfully, probably since that's where Arya left her.  Waiting for her to come back like a loyal pup. 

33 minutes ago, DarkSister1001 said:

Growing their pack.  Mwahahaha!  Truthfully, probably since that's where Arya left her.  Waiting for her to come back like a loyal pup. 

How much bigger can this pack realistically get before the food supply dwindles? I know the small folk of the Riverlands will probably be dying of hunger soon. The pack can always eat corpses. But then there wont be any smallfolk.

Nymeria and Arya is one of the reunions I'm looking forward to the most, and I definitely think Nymeria will remember her. Of all of Arya's near misses with the rest of the Starks, I hated that she never saw Nymeria in the Riverlands the most of all. 

11 minutes ago, Raisin' Bran said:

How much bigger can this pack realistically get before the food supply dwindles? I know the small folk of the Riverlands will probably be dying of hunger soon. The pack can always eat corpses. But then there wont be any smallfolk.

Plenty of Frey's to eat.  :) 

4 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

They can always eat French Freys. (Bah-dum-bum). Thank you, I'll be here all week. 

In all seriousness though, I think the great wolf pack is sort of like the BwB. They're here they're there, they're everywhere, there's dozens or a thousand of them, their monstrous female leader eats the males who mate with her (or even try to)... etc. 

I've lived in coyote country all my adult life (by which I mean, if you don't have indoor cats, you don't have cats). I've come to find their howling beautiful, especially when it's a large-ish pack and reasonably far away. 

However, they have their own tricks that they have evolved, and one is how to make their numbers seem - particularly sound - greater than they are. They will get down into a holler and start howling so that the acoustics make them sound like a much bigger pack than they are, especially if they feel threatened. 

I remember in the winter of 1996-97 it was especially cold so the packs were getting bolder and coming down into our brand new, edge of nowhere little neighborhood, to look for house pets people were careless with. I woke up one night to the most terrifying, earsplitting howling of the damned right outside my bedroom window. Because they were between our house and fence, the sounds were amplified and echoed everywhere. I like to have beat my husband silly, knocking him out of bed and sending him for his rifle lol. Scared the hell out of me. 

If I were unfortunate enough to be sent through that wolf pack's territory with only a score or two of men and nothing but tents to hover in at night, I believe I'd wait until nobody was looking and find urgent business in Lannisport. 

4 hours ago, Dorian Martell said:

Too much has been made of warg bonds to not have them meet. Especially the scene where Arya is wolf dreaming Nymeria and they come across Arya's dead mom and try to bring her corpse into the pack 

I agree.  That's a heart-breaking dream.  I doubt the wolf dreams would be there just to have a POV in the Riverlands and not a reunion.  Plus all the mentioning on the Direwolves growing into the size of ponies SOMEONE better mount the hell up.  :) 

Archived