Watch, Watched, Watching: The Theatrical Release

RedEyedGhost

6 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Watched the 2015 Macbeth, it's very good.

Really? It got absolutely panned by a film podcast that I listen to. They mentioned that it looked excellent, but it didn't deliver on the key scenes in Macbeth. I've avoided it ever since, but I might go have a look now. 

39 minutes ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Veep is absolutely crushing it this season. Best comedy on TV.

It really is, 4 incredible episodes so far.  What's your 5 favorite De Niro movies? and you can't say Meet the Parents...Richard is unreal.

6 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

I thought it would suffer post-Ianucci tbh and the vibes are for sure different but it's still as hilarious as ever. Last night was fucking brilliant.

16 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

It really is, 4 incredible episodes so far.  What's your 5 favorite De Niro movies? and you can't say Meet the Parents...Richard is unreal.

Richard is the best. I  lost it when Amy called him a Paddington Bear looking fuck. :lol:

finished Season 1 of iZombie, I just adore this show. Ravi is probably my favourite character but they are all pretty great.

Also watched the first episode of Billions. It was decent, and I will give the second episode a try to see if it hooks me.

Continuing to enjoy my weekly episodes of Orphan Black, Penny Dreadful and Peaky Blinders

Watched the Director's cut of Zodiac, mostly watched the special features. The amount of detail they went into with the film is astounding. For the Chronicle scenes they actually had news papers on the desks from the actual day they were shooting for the movie. They got microfilm for the news papers for that day back in the 60's/70's. They had access to the majority of the case files to the point of being able to reacreate the crime scenes down to the detail of where trees where or where not, as well as what the victims and everyone else were wearing. Apparently when retired Inspector Dave Toschi was on set serving as an advisor, the actors were talking to him about what they saw in the files, he didn't even know about some of the things they mentioned that they saw in other department files.

A part of that is cool, but to me, that is also a bit sad. To me that showed that there was some pretty bad communicaton between the departments in the jurisdictions involved in the Zodiac cases. 

I was also shocked at just how much CGI Fincher used in the film.

The film I've seen so many times, but it's still a great film and a really really creepy film. I also think it's probably Fincher's best work. 

Even now, almost 10 years since it has been released, it still creeps me out.

Such a fascinating case, along with the EAR/ONS (some call him the Golden State Killer). I wonder if anyone will solve either one, or both.

On 2016-05-16 at 1:32 AM, Kindly Old Man said:

That latest episode was fantastic, but almost made Selina unlikeable.

I'm expecting it'll end the season with congress deciding the election, but choose Dr. House as POTUS and Selina as Veep.

7 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

That latest episode was fantastic, but almost made Selina unlikeable.

You know she went too far when even Gary wanted to just get away from her when she was laughing like a lunatic in the hospital. 

Archived