Watch, Watched, Watching: The Theatrical Release

RedEyedGhost

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I love bubbles already :P

Theda, I can't say how glad I am to see that you have latched onto a great Canadian comedy show. Remember to keep the rum and Coke handy.

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

So funny! Probably in my top 5 comedy shows of all time. I particularly love Mr. Lahey and Bubbles. 

Will be interested to hear what you think. 

I love bubbles already :P

O ffs site ob myphone is anightmae er

Watched the first half of the 2005 movie version of Pride and Prejudice.

It's so chopped to pieces yet so dull I'm not too sure I care to watch the second half to find if it ever comes to life.

4 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I wanted to say maarsen that suits me because I fckn love rum and coke lol. Sorry for accidental spam 

Bubbles is definitely the best character on the show.  J-Roc might be my second favorite, know wut ahm sayin. 

7 hours ago, Veltigar said:

:blush: Woops, my bad, I always assumed that it was cancelled after one season?

You should watch it.  Because Mark is correct when he says:

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

Easy decision, Terriers. One of the most perfect seasons of television.

And it's crazy that it was so good without intending it as a single season, while there was still a lot of ways they could have taken it had it been renewed.

7 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

It was but the ending works perfectly as a series ending. 

3 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

You should watch it.  Because Mark is correct when he says:

And it's crazy that it was so good without intending it as a single season, while there was still a lot of ways they could have taken it had it been renewed.

I must say I never considered watching it before, since I usually don't bother with things that are cancelled prematurely (it brings too much frustration with it usually). Based on the recommendations though, I'll add it to my watchlist.

Almost finished Love. I like the characters and I like all the little pop culture references and I',m just generally really enjoying it but I'm weirdly like, not rooting for the main characters to get together. I don't want them to be in an actual relationship, they don't seem to have lots of stuff in common and there's lots of awkward stuff there but at the same time it sort of seems realistic in a lot of ways and just idk, I'm really enjoying it though. 

9 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Almost finished Love. I like the characters and I like all the little pop culture references and I',m just generally really enjoying it but I'm weirdly like, not rooting for the main characters to get together. I don't want them to be in an actual relationship, they don't seem to have lots of stuff in common and there's lots of awkward stuff there but at the same time it sort of seems realistic in a lot of ways and just idk, I'm really enjoying it though. 

I think thats the great thing about it actually, and its what you are supposed to think. Both of them are damaged and damaging characters who will essentially probably be very bad for each others lives, and won't be able to be happy until they have sorted themselves out. Its quite a refreshing take on 'love' I think

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I think thats the great thing about it actually, and its what you are supposed to think. Both of them are damaged and damaging characters who will essentially probably be very bad for each others lives, and won't be able to be happy until they have sorted themselves out. Its quite a refreshing take on 'love' I think

Actually I liking how the show doesnt shy away from how shitty the characters can be 

I watched Wild Tales with a group of friends last weekend as part of our movie night. It's a 2014 Argentinian production so its in Spanish and we watched it with subtitles. To make it a humourous evening for my friends what I did beforehand was edit the subtitle file to add snippets of in-jokes, insults and instructions throughout the movie. All makes for a fun evening - but it doesn't always work out well. I once edited a subtitle file for a horror movie and gave it to my sister to watch. She got scared shitless when the evil entity in the movie referenced her name and personal details - when she found out what I'd done I got some very uncharitable text messages.

Oh - Wild Tales is awesome by the way!

3 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Finished Terriers and loved it. This turned into a great weekend binge. So did Hank and Britt go

Hidden Content

?

It's left ambiguous. We don't know and I don't remember reading any interviews or anything where they indicated which way they go. Given that it turned out to be the series finale, the ending worked perfectly for me.

As for the question you asked earlier upthread, I don't think there's many people that recall the specifics of that scene. Most of the boarders here watched it when it aired several years ago as I recall.

4 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Finished Terriers and loved it. This turned into a great weekend binge. So did Hank and Britt go

Hidden Content

?

Spoiler

What do you think they did? 

Spoiler

There's your answer :) 

Pride and Prejudice (2005 Keira Edition) did have a couple of solid scenes in its second half, but overall was so rushed it left the vibe of much ado about nothing. The vibe, not the play. It's not that it was bad per se, just that it wasn't really anything.

Really weird ending too.

Archived