TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

Tea with lemon and honey was had in abundance. ;) Lany, one of my groups only started with the language last week, so no, I cannot have them writing stuff because all they can write is maybe three simple sentences. :P But I will try to have both groups talk a lot. I hope I am a bit better tomorrow.

On ‎28‎-‎3‎-‎2016 at 4:59 PM, Adara said:

Penny Dreadful trailers look hot! OtnB too! Watched HoC S4.

Long may they reign! I still got those torches and pitchforks though ... :D Totally missed this years kingsmoot.

I'm looking forward to OITNB a lot, I miss those girls. I'm still a long way off from HoC S4 though.

Thanks. And I'm sure ab can find a use for those :P 

18 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

monday morning fatigue is an essential part of any civilised society. I for one don't feel right until I've seen at one person angrily trying to run through tube crowds because the overslept (Dream on bud) and seen the general groggy eyed-ness of commuters desperately clutching their cups of coffee. 

But imagine what we could become if we evolved beyond that! The stars would be ours for the taking!

4 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

I don't mind working in darkness if the time outside of work is light. It's basically only Scotland that still supports it anyway. Polls elsewhere tend to show people would rather have lighter evenings, even if it means darker mornings. 

Well there you go then. Let it be done.

I have a job interview today, and I no longer want it. In fact, I hope the lady who used to work with me gets it.  That would make me the happiest.

We all know I am kind and generous, but really that is a selfish thought.

One of the ladies on my team is retiring, and I want that position. My boss wants me for it too, but in order to hire me, he has to do an open job posting and if she gets this first job, she wouldn't apply for another one, so less competition and less guilt. 

Hope everyone has a lovely day :kiss: 

8 hours ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

I have a job interview today, and I no longer want it. In fact, I hope the lady who used to work with me gets it.  That would make me the happiest.

We all know I am kind and generous, but really that is a selfish thought.

One of the ladies on my team is retiring, and I want that position. My boss wants me for it too, but in order to hire me, he has to do an open job posting and if she gets this first job, she wouldn't apply for another one, so less competition and less guilt. 

Hope everyone has a lovely day :kiss: 

Well in that case i wish you the worst of luck in getting the job! :D 

You can always decline if you do get it though, right?

10 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well in that case i wish you the worst of luck in getting the job! :D 

You can always decline if you do get it though, right?

The interview actually went very well. And there are now 2 positions to fill.  I still think it is likely they have their own temps they want to hire.

Yes, I can decline, but the old saying "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" comes to mind.  What if I decline and then I don't get past the HR person to interview for this position I want?  It's such a risk, and I not much of a risk taker. I truly hate even thinking about it.

Of course, worrying about this is just "borrowing trouble" :P since I haven't had an offer.

Actually, I just like to plan for different scenarios. To know what I will say.  They could always come in with too low of a salary. that would make it easier to decline. I currently make what the job mid-point is (and companies frequently hire 10-15% below mid-point)

On March 29, 2016 at 5:26 AM, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

Morning my lovelies :kiss:

Warm tea with honey also helps. Hope you feel better Bucky and the classes go well. Can you have them writing stuff so you don't have to talk the entire time?

Hoping the husband and son get some work done in the garden today, so I can start moving plants tonight when I get home. Only good thing about Daylight Savings was it gave me more light to work outside after I get home from work. 

It is cool and windy here today, but I like it

A very lovely day to you all :grouphug:

I did the same today. Sort of. I built another two garden beds (well, I assembled - didn't actually make these ones) and filled them with soil, compost and coconut fiber. I planted gold raspberries and strawberries. Hopefully they don't shrivel up and die in this drought. Are you lucky enough to actually have good soil on your property? Ours is pretty much sand. Literally. I do have Hostas growing on the side of the house and I wasn't sure they would grow in sand. 

@ Helena - so about DD season 2 - I was hoping Pun would hook up with Karen (she's was a redhead in True Blood so I always think of her that way. She looked better as a redhead but she's gorgeous either way). 

I saw this today

its probaly ancient but it made me laugh.  

10 hours ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

My inner 12 yr old, just read "Butte View Drive" as "Butt View Drive" and I laughed out loud.  I might be a little punch drunk... a combination of being wake at 4am, and then the stress of the interview . and I still have an hour to go

Quoted this but read your other post too. Yes, I see what you mean about rejecting the offer and then maybe not getting the interview for the one you want, it's a fair enough concern. And I'm like you for "borrowing trouble." Usually I have all of these very elaborate and detailed plans that I spend ages coming up with, about what to do in a worst case scenario. Of course, they never really become necessary to carry out, but it is comforting to have some kind of safety net to fall back on. Best of luck with whatever happens :) 

As to your second post, my immature side is always giggling at things like that. Don't suppress the inner child, let it out :lol: 

4 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I did the same today. Sort of. I built another two garden beds (well, I assembled - didn't actually make these ones) and filled them with soil, compost and coconut fiber. I planted gold raspberries and strawberries. Hopefully they don't shrivel up and die in this drought. Are you lucky enough to actually have good soil on your property? Ours is pretty much sand. Literally. I do have Hostas growing on the side of the house and I wasn't sure they would grow in sand. 

@ Helena - so about DD season 2 - I was hoping Pun would hook up with Karen (she's was a redhead in True Blood so I always think of her that way. She looked better as a redhead but she's gorgeous either way). 

I saw this today

its probaly ancient but it made me laugh.  

Mmmmm...strawberries and raspberries. Do you usually do some sort of grow your own? If you do how successful has it been in the past? About the most we've ever had is an apple tree, and that doesn't even belong to us. It overhangs my Aunty's garden from the house behind hers, and they tell her she can take any that fall in her garden. They also usually give her what grows on their side since they don't use the apples themselves, and my Aunty gives them whatever she [read: me and mothership] makes out of them - pies, crumbles, muffins etc. 

Ah, I thought you might mean Karen. Then I thought, no, she's blond. Then I thought....or is she? And had to go check :D Those two were great together. However, as I said in the spoiler thread:

I am in a minority who actually liked Matt and Karen's awkward romance. I was angry with him for choosing Elektra

:angry: 

What did you think of the Season as a whole? I liked it a lot, but thought the latter half with the Hand and Black Sky was a bit weak. Fisk was a lot better this season though! Do you read the DD comics, out of interest? And did you also watch Jessica Jones?

Speaking of caffeine, my coffee is brewed, so must flask up and head out

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Quoted this but read your other post too. Yes, I see what you mean about rejecting the offer and then maybe not getting the interview for the one you want, it's a fair enough concern. And I'm like you for "borrowing trouble." Usually I have all of these very elaborate and detailed plans that I spend ages coming up with, about what to do in a worst case scenario. Of course, they never really become necessary to carry out, but it is comforting to have some kind of safety net to fall back on. Best of luck with whatever happens :) 

As to your second post, my immature side is always giggling at things like that. Don't suppress the inner child, let it out :lol: 

Mmmmm...strawberries and raspberries. Do you usually do some sort of grow your own? If you do how successful has it been in the past? About the most we've ever had is an apple tree, and that doesn't even belong to us. It overhangs my Aunty's garden from the house behind hers, and they tell her she can take any that fall in her garden. They also usually give her what grows on their side since they don't use the apples themselves, and my Aunty gives them whatever she [read: me and mothership] makes out of them - pies, crumbles, muffins etc. 

Ah, I thought you might mean Karen. Then I thought, no, she's blond. Then I thought....or is she? And had to go check :D Those two were great together. However, as I said in the spoiler thread:

Reveal hidden contents

I am in a minority who actually liked Matt and Karen's awkward romance. I was angry with him for choosing Elektra

:angry: 

What did you think of the Season as a whole? I liked it a lot, but thought the latter half with the Hand and Black Sky was a bit weak. Fisk was a lot better this season though! Do you read the DD comics, out of interest? And did you also watch Jessica Jones?

Speaking of caffeine, my coffee is brewed, so must flask up and head out

Mmmmm. Apples - I will trade you my grapefruit tree for your apple tree! I need to have to charity people come out and pick all the grapefruit. Usually ends up being an 800 lb donation and there's still lots left. I have grown both raspberries and strawberries successfully buy the last 2 years have been so hot and dry that nothing survived :( We have had some rain this year so my gardens are doing very well. For now. 

I liked Karen & Matt and their awkward innocent cuteness until he did his whole Elektra thing. Then I was like no. Matt can not ruin her, she's too sweet. I love Jon Berenthal as Pun and it would be nice if they hooked up but I know they won't. Agree about The Hand business - it's crap. I wasn't happy with that storyline - Fisk was much better. The only thing that made season 2 better than season 1 was Pun, for me. I havent read the comics so I'm watching blindly (for once). Everything is new. I did watch JJ and I liked it, just not a ton. Tennent saved it for me. I love him. I might try to watch the other ones like Luke Cage.

Now it's just a countdown to OITNB. I'm far more excited for that than GoT. 

Happy Thursday to y'all!

Hubby is home for a few days and the spawn is happy. 

Yay for the happy spawn and hubby home!

And here I am still having this stupid cold and hating it. Plenty of tea with lemon and honey has been had. At least I survived yesterday's work and only have the next lessons on Monday, I hope it will be over by then.

Happy Thursday, spammers.

42 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

There's a glitch in the Matrix. A guy has shown interest in me! :o

Nothing strange about that; you are royalty! The question is, do you have any interest in him?

FOMN, I know that feeling that something is wrong with the world when that happens! :P Enjoy while it lasts. ;)

Felice, you are not hinting that someone would only show interest in him because he is royalty, right? :P

16 hours ago, felice said:

Nothing strange about that; you are royalty! The question is, do you have any interest in him?

Well, I've only known him for 36 hours so it's hard to tell yet, but after extensive texting he does seem like he has a great personality. He even passed the Williams Test (meaning that he agrees that John Williams is a great composer and he's about the only guy my age I've met who likes SW music) so that's a definite mark in his favor :P 

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

FOMN, I know that feeling that something is wrong with the world when that happens! :PEnjoy while it lasts. ;)

Felice, you are not hinting that someone would only show interest in him because he is royalty, right? :P

Well thank you for that vote of confidence :rofl: It's definitely a new experience though.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Well, I've only known him for 36 hours so it's hard to tell yet, but after extensive texting he does seem like he has a great personality. He even passed the Williams Test (meaning that he agrees that John Williams is a great composer and he's about the only guy my age I've met who likes SW music) so that's a definite mark in his favor :P 

You have weird acquaintances if they don't like SW music.

35 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

You have weird acquaintances if they don't like SW music.

Well I don't think there's anyone who actively dislikes and there's several who like it, but this guy is the first one who has told me he listens to it in his spare time sometimes (not nearly as often as I do though, naturally).

4 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

A very merry fools day to all you tricksy hobbitses and crafty witches. May you pull the wool over many an eye. 

KiD! Hello! :D *waves* Have you tricked anybody today?

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Well thank you for that vote of confidence :rofl: It's definitely a new experience though.

:blushing: Sorry, just speaking from my very limited experience. Which probably means you do not need to take it at all seriously!

21 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Well I don't think there's anyone who actively dislikes and there's several who like it, but this guy is the first one who has told me he listens to it in his spare time sometimes (not nearly as often as I do though, naturally).

It is a sad truth that us geeks need to tone the geeky aspect down when making new acquaintances (in any context, I mean).

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

KiD! Hello! :D *waves* Have you tricked anybody today?

:blushing: Sorry, just speaking from my very limited experience. Which probably means you do not need to take it at all seriously!

It is a sad truth that us geeks need to tone the geeky aspect down when making new acquaintances (in any context, I mean).

All I know is I'm taking this opportunity and meeting him tomorrow.

Yeah. Though to be fair many people adjust themselves to the people they're with, not just geeks.

18 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I disagree. If they don't like geekiness they can go be boring on their own.

Archived