TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

About Facebook and geekiness. I have massive deja vu addressing this topic, so apologies if I'm repeating myself (but I think it was via text that I ranted about this to a friend, so maybe we are good to go). 

I have unfollowed a number of people for a number of reasons and I have no guilt or regret.

If you use Facebook for political campaign I will unfollow you. I do not care about your political views and I do not want to see your political hate posts, especially if it's about people I personally know. 

If you use Facebook to share low quality images edited in Microsoft Paint with quotes in Comic Sans, I will unfollow you. It hurtz my eyez. 

If you used Facebook to try and convert your Facebook friends to a certain diet, I will unfollow you. I do not want posts in my newsfeed that tell me I'm a bad person because I eat meat. Or sugar. Or bread. Or salt. Or anything that doesn't agree with your idea of healthy nutrition. 

If you use Facebook to post pictures of your fitness pageant or pole dancing skills, I will unfollow you. I am honestly not curious about your crotch. 

And lastly, if you use Facebook to share stuff ten times a day that I have already seen three times in different corners of the Internet that day and it's even a bad translation, I will unfollow you. Because that shit was only funny for the first time and now it annoys me. 

As for geekiness, I will never understand how people can watch a show every week for multiple years and not remember the names of the main characters. How can you be watching game of thrones for 5 years and not know that the brother of the bitch queen is Jaime and the dragon girl is Daenerys and Sean Bean's older daughter Sansa. How can you not know?! How?! 

Rhae, people are generally pretty stupid and silly. It's a depressing fact xD

Here my fellow BSG geeks, you will want to hear this (if you didn't already of course, it's not exactly new):

7 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

It wasn't just the cylons who were horny. Pretty much everyone was fucking everyone else on that show.

With <50,000 people left in the universe it's their solemn duty to screw everything in sight. 

13 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

But you're a type of person who needs a lot of friends. I don't particularly care either way; I only consider someone a friend if I really enjoy their company, and if they're not interested in similar sorts of things then I'm not likely to enjoy their company.

Unless someone is into geeky stuff, such as video games, science fiction, fantasy, etc. if they're not into sports I enjoy, or subjects such as politics, philosophy, or science; or other academic pursuits, what the heck am I supposed to do with such a person?

Oh, and to be clear, that means multiple things, or a broad interest, not just "oh yah guys, I totally watch game of thrones, wasn't it so shocking when that mountain guy killed that guy fighting for Tyrion?" I actively dislike people like that.

I am? :dunno: That's news to me.

Okay, so what it looks like now is that you're not interested in being friends with boring people :P I can get behind that.

12 hours ago, Eyron said:

Here my fellow BSG geeks, you will want to hear this (if you didn't already of course, it's not exactly new):

:lol: Hadn't seen that yet.

11 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

It wasn't just the cylons who were horny. Pretty much everyone was fucking everyone else on that show.

We have Gaius Baltar to thank for half of it.

Happy Monday my lovelies :kiss:

Too busy to read back.  Made lots of progress on the garden this weekend. I think I'm about 2/3 done with all the initial work (we'll still have to add plants through out the spring and summer, it's a big area)

While it is not the retreat my previous garden was, I am liking it a whole lot. Yes, I have pictures (had to work in the mud)

Waiting to hear about my interview from last week.  I am so torn about this, not sure what I want (ok, know what I want, but it is a gamble and I am not a gambler)

Will try to catch up during lunch :grouphug: 

On 03/04/2016 at 1:41 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Depends what sort of thing you're into i guess :P 

I'm back in the barren wastes of the North Ab. So much green! Dogs have had their long walk over the farmers fields and Oscar has been to his puppy training class. And now they are running riot in the garden. Puppies! :wub: 

You must resist the insidious temptations of the Forsaken Lands. You're part southerner now, after all.

Apparently my name is most commonly used in English, German and Polish. The Polish inclusion seems quite odd to me as it's old-English.

17 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

:lol: kinda. Lany's name is daughter/girl/maid in Hungarian on mobile keypad without autocorrect. Otherwise lány is all that.  ^.^ 

Well in fairness on the map it does have the thingy (I want to call all of those symbols umlauts.)

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Random daily linguistic fact:

Lany's name is "daughter" in Hungarian.

Also, morning.

Coolest typo ever :D (my name, that is, and by time we moved to this board and I could have fixed it, I had grown used to being Lany :) )

Thank you, I honestly had no idea it was a word in any language

Happy Tuesday my lovelies :kiss:

Lady from HR called me yesterday, my son answered, didn't take a message, or anything, didn't even remember to tell me about it (and somehow left her with the impression she had the wrong number.  Teenagers!). I called her today, but she is out until tomorrow, so my anxiety continues. I will get an offer for the job as they e-mail you rejections. I just don't know what they will offer. A part of me hopes it is low so I don't feel too much anxiety about turning it down for the better (not yet published) job. And I hope if I turn it down, it goes to my friend. She said she didn't get called yesterday. :( 

Archived