TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

3 hours ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

Got a job offer. it is way too low (much less than I currently make, like :crying: less.) I was really upset, so I talked to my boss about the upcoming job here and it is  :eek: higher than I currently make and it is bonus eligible.  I think I might have talked myself into gambling.

Congrats on the job offer! (It's always encouraging to be told "yes, we want you" even if you don't really want the job anymore). And the higher wage for the job you DO want sounds great too...best of luck if you decide to gamble. Do you need to reject this offer before you apply for the other job?

25 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Congrats on the job offer! (It's always encouraging to be told "yes, we want you" even if you don't really want the job anymore). And the higher wage for the job you DO want sounds great too...best of luck if you decide to gamble. Do you need to reject this offer before you apply for the other job?

Thank you! It is very nice.

I need to make the decision tomorrow. I can apply for the other job as soon as it posts (sometime in the next day or  two). it will only be open for a few days. He tried to make it just one day. :lol: He really wants to hire me, and as long as there isn't anyone more qualified (I am doing a lot of the job now!) I should be in. I know it can happen that I don't get it. But I do have my temp job til at least May 31, so I have more time to find another, if I need to. (although the boss man would likely extend me again :lol: ) (I know myself well enough to know there will be major waterworks if I don't get it)

Thank you Bex! :grouphug;  In a major surprise, my husband actually agreed with me. Of course I presented the job I want info first, and then the crappy offer (and really, it is a crappy offer for my level of experience). Going to tweak the resume and cover letter a bit and then show it to the boss for any suggestions to make sure I get through the HR screening. It is nice to have an inside track.

Happy Friday Eve my lovelies :kiss:

2 hours ago, Eyron said:

Hey thread! 

I'm holding my thumbs for you, Lany. I think you are making the right choice.

Thank you! :grouphug: it is very nerve wracking though.  Now I am stressing over what to wear :lol: To be fair though, this will be my first salaried/bonus eligible position.  I will be advancing from the hourly wage slave.  And it only took me to 51 to get there :P  (I have never been ambitious about work. All I ever wanted was to make enough to support my family, no desire to climb the corporate ladder at all)

Lany, fingers crossed here as well. :)

On the other side, we had some sort of a workshop/lecture today as an introduction to next week's career event for students of my department. All those things do is scare the hell out of me, though.

24 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Hey back! I'm good, been around. I see you in the Vikings threads now :) hopefully tonight's episode is better. 

Yeah, seen a post of yours there too :) you are quite a scarcity in Forum Games these days though. Not that there's much going on here to begin with :lol: 

I'm really hoping for some action this episode, it would be nice to see someone die, and I don't mean stunts :o I have quite a list of people I want to see dead :devil: 

4 hours ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

Thank you! :grouphug: it is very nerve wracking though.  Now I am stressing over what to wear :lol: To be fair though, this will be my first salaried/bonus eligible position.  I will be advancing from the hourly wage slave.  And it only took me to 51 to get there :P  (I have never been ambitious about work. All I ever wanted was to make enough to support my family, no desire to climb the corporate ladder at all)

This job sounds really good for you! Finally you could relax a bit more about the finances etc. Go get it!

2 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

It looks so awesome. "I rebel" :commie::lol:

So the count down commences.

Welcome back to tttne, MA!

Archived