TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

1 hour ago, Eyron said:

This job sounds really good for you! Finally you could relax a bit more about the finances etc. Go get it!

It is, but now I am getting cold feet again. I am such a coward :crying: The other guy came back with an offer for more money. still a little less than I make now, but much closer. and it a sure thing. and they really really want me.  I'm going to try and talk with the HR lady and get an unofficial preview of my resume/cover letter to see if I make all the qualifications for the position on my team. If she thinks I will make it, then I'll apply, but if she thinks it is not likely I'd get through the HR screening, then I will accept the other job. (really, everyone knows I can do the job, that I will require almost no training or handholding to get up to speed, that is not at issue at all. because it is such a big company, they have all these rules and set qualifications you have to meet at each level of a job. just because you can do it, doesn't mean you'll get it. *sigh* and there could be some real rock stars who also apply. I have nearly talked myself out of this now)

4 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Love it. The fangirl awakens...

2 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Hey back! I'm good, been around. I see you in the Vikings threads now :)  hopefully tonight's episode is better.

Oh sweet summer child, you clearly didn't watch the preview did you? :lol: hint; it looked awful. :P 

Fingers crossed for you Lany

8 hours ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

The other guy came back with an offer for more money. still a little less than I make now, but much closer. and it a sure thing. and they really really want me.

Ask them to wait - if they want you that badly, they can hold the position open for a few more weeks. And it's certainly a strong indication that you shouldn't have any trouble getting offers elsewhere if the position at your current place falls through.

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Love it. The fangirl awakens...

Yeah, really looking forward to this one! Looks like a fantastic combination of the familiar and the new, and JJ doesn't appear to be involved. And the trailer even had a second female character... (though looking at the cast list, that could well be the only conversation between two women in the entire film)

2 hours ago, felice said:

Ask them to wait - if they want you that badly, they can hold the position open for a few more weeks. And it's certainly a strong indication that you shouldn't have any trouble getting offers elsewhere if the position at your current place falls through.

Yeah, really looking forward to this one! Looks like a fantastic combination of the familiar and the new, and JJ doesn't appear to be involved. And the trailer even had a second female character... (though looking at the cast list, that could well be the only conversation between two women in the entire film)

Two female characters, as well as PoC...Damn progressives pushing their agendas on us! :rolleyes: I'd love to say the online reaction shocks me but...nope, not anymore! 

(I don't mean you here, obviously :P just to be clear...)

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

(I don't mean you here, obviously :P just to be clear...)

Appreciated. I feel a bit awkward around this issue, because I have problems with how Rey was written (pretty much the same problems I have with JJ's Captain Kirk) and there doesn't seem to be much room for a middle ground between uncritical Rey-worship and the misogynist arseholes.

20 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

Yeah, seen a post of yours there too :) you are quite a scarcity in Forum Games these days though. Not that there's much going on here to begin with :lol: 

I'm really hoping for some action this episode, it would be nice to see someone die, and I don't mean stunts :o I have quite a list of people I want to see dead :devil: 

I think your list got shorter! :commie: 

15 hours ago, felice said:

They weren't willing to wait, so I rejected the offer. I feel pretty bad about it though.

But my neighbor (who is super smart) helped me with my resume and told me I was way underselling myself and that I shouldn't even have applied for a job so far beneath me.  This has been my problem my whole adult life. I settle for low positions and never get anywhere. Well, no more. For now on, I won't even apply for positions that are steps down.  It is up up and away for me.

(hope I can stick to that. it is very hard to do.)

Looks like I am going to have a lot of internal competition for the job I want, and some of the people have been with Big Bank for 20 years (I am surprised as they should be making more than it pays by now.  I was making just below the starting pay 6 years ago)

Finally watched The Force Awakens...and it was FUCKING AWESOME

WB back Mark :grouphug:

Lany, hang in tight.  When is the official interview?

So the bed gets delivered today and then the plumbing backs up :sad:  I hate being maintenance.

16 minutes ago, DreamSongs said:

So the bed gets delivered today and then the plumbing backs up :sad:  I hate being maintenance.

I loved it too!

I won't know for at least a week if I even get an HR interview. *sigh*

That sucks about the plumbing :( Hope it was an easy fix

1 hour ago, DreamSongs said:

How did you manage to avoid it for so long? :P

23 minutes ago, Westorosi Batgirl said:

It was a good movie but I wouldn't go that far. 

I'd say it's awesome but not a very good movie. Watching it is a fantastic experience, but it has lots of flaws.

7 hours ago, DreamSongs said:

Plumbing in our flat is all kinds of terrible. The toilets keep blocking, water is either boiling (not exaggerating, it's almost like water fresh out of a boiled kettle) or icy cold - there is no in between, water pressure is shot to hell so we often get spluttery taps (which is...painful, if the water is boiling). They've been out to fix it several times but they are really pretty useless.

Hope yours get fixed soon! :) 

Glad you liked TFA. Are you interested in seeing Rogue One? 

Glad to see you back btw :) 

20 hours ago, felice said:

Appreciated. I feel a bit awkward around this issue, because I have problems with how Rey was written (pretty much the same problems I have with JJ's Captain Kirk) and there doesn't seem to be much room for a middle ground between uncritical Rey-worship and the misogynist arseholes.

Don't worry, I can usually tell the difference between the two :) While I don't personally agree with the Rey criticisms (or in some cases they don't bother me) I can at least respect and understand where those people are coming from. I mostly meant the crowd who seemed annoyed that the lead wasn't male and OMG HOW CAN SHE DO ALL THIS STUFF SHES JUST A WALKING UTERUS?! You know, the same people who think casting a single black actor ruins everything...

On 7.4.2016 at 7:11 PM, ab aeterno said:

Nice!

You're right.

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Don't worry, I can usually tell the difference between the two :) While I don't personally agree with the Rey criticisms (or in some cases they don't bother me) I can at least respect and understand where those people are coming from. I mostly meant the crowd who seemed annoyed that the lead wasn't male and OMG HOW CAN SHE DO ALL THIS STUFF SHES JUST A WALKING UTERUS?! You know, the same people who think casting a single black actor ruins everything...

And it's the 21. century. People are so amazing.

Hello people :)

Hello Adara and everybody else!

So there is the career event thingy whatever for the students of my department on Wednesday and there are going to be some sort of mock interviews to just practice. I should not be nervous out of my mind because of that, shoud I? :uhoh:

Archived