TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

Just now, The Kingmaker said:

I must not tell lies

I must not tell lies

I must not tell lies

I must not tell lies

I must not tell 

Yes and now repeat that until the message has sunk in properly.

Things here in TTTNE are far worse than I feared! Ran will want to take immediate action!

Disclaimer: I am absolutely no-one to have a say in spoiler policies of the board/subforums/this thread and I do not, by any means, expect anybody to take my opinion into consideration, nor do I mean to judge or offend anybody. 

Spoilers are ridiculously overrated.    And they are especially overhyped on this board. A spoiler is a comment that reveals important plot events to those who had not yet seen a recently released movie and thus spoils its entertainment value. Now, "important" and "recently" are relative, but in my understanding it's only rational to be "allowed" to discuss something freely that has been out for long enough for everybody who was interested to see. And so I am rather appalled to be expected to spoiler tag the identity of Darth Vader, the fate of Mufasa, Albus Dumbledore or Han Solo and Game of Thrones seasons 1-5. It is not my problem if you have not seen something that's been out for decades/years/months. If you are new to Game of Thrones and decide to join a forum discussion about Game of Thrones before you finished reading/watching it, it is entirely your responsibility if you get spoiled. 

As far as the new season is concerned, it seems logical to use the universal tool to prevent spoilers, namely the spoiler tag and open the usual No Spoiler threads. If you accidentally open a spoiler tag, click on the Spoiler thread by mistake, quote a post that includes a spoiler tag and accidentally read it, it is not the problem or responsibility of the person who posted whatever you ended up reading. Spoiling something takes two, the one who posts the spoiler and the one who reads it. Why should the poster take the majority of the responsibility? Why is anybody expected to ensure other people's entertainment by giving up their own? Accidentally reading a spoiler tag may ruin your entertainment, but being prohibited to discuss an episode ruins mine. And why is your entertainment more important than mine? 

On the topic of the show surpassing the book plot. Admittedly very comfortable. What can you do if you do not wish to follow the show? Get off the internet for the next five years. Realistically, avoid Game of Thrones related content and hope for the best. And if you do stumble upon unwanted information about TWOW plot, it is not the fault of those who watch the show, they mean you no harm. Besides, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy the book if/when it does come out. We still read Romeo and Juliette and Anna Karenina too, the entertainment value of a book is not the last chapter, but the road there from the first chapter. 

Footnote on previous seasons/episodes, trailers, previews, behind the scenes footage, production interviews, sample chapters: if you consciously choose to ignore released content, it doesn't make it a spoiler. 

In conclusion, coming across a spoiler should be the worst thing that happens to you in life, it's not a disaster and definitely not a pre-planned malicious act against your person. It's an accident, in worst case, a bit of carelessness, but I guarantee that nobody meant to ruin your fun, so please do not ruin theirs by banning discussions, reporting posts, making scenes and taking personal offense. And take responsibility for your own fun and make an effort to avoid spoilers instead of expecting them to avoid you, it's not just the responsibility of the Internet. 

Spoiler

Because you know, if you don't use a condom and get pregnant, you can't sue the company. 

Disclaimer 2.0: I say this as a person who was spoiled the Red Wedding online. 

Just putting this out there because I had a moment of self importance and I have facepalmed over the spoiler sensitivity of this board one too many times. 

3 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I had forgotten about Liotta's laugh in that movie, never let that happen again.

2 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

Disclaimer: I am absolutely no-one to have a say in spoiler policies of the board/subforums/this thread and I do not, by any means, expect anybody to take my opinion into consideration, nor do I mean to judge or offend anybody. 

Spoilers are ridiculously overrated.    And they are especially overhyped on this board. A spoiler is a comment that reveals important plot events to those who had not yet seen a recently released movie and thus spoil its entertainment value. Now, "important" and "recently" are relative, but in my understanding it's only rational to be "allowed" to discuss something freely that has been out for long enough for everybody who was interested to see. And so I am rather appalled to be expected to spoiler tag the identity of Darth Vader, the fate of Mufasa, Albus Dumbledore or Han Solo and Game of Thrones seasons 1-5. It is not my problem if you have not seen something that's been out for decades/years/months. If you are new to Game of Thrones and decide to join a forum discussion about Game of Thrones before you finished reading/watching it, it is entirely your responsibility if you get spoiled. 

As far as the new season is concerned, it seems logical to use the universal tool to prevent spoilers, namely the spoiler tag and open the usual No Spoiler threads. If you accidentally open a spoiler tag, click on the Spoiler thread by mistake, quote a post that includes a spoiler tag and accidentally read it, it is not the problem or responsibility of the person who posted whatever you ended up reading. Spoiling something takes two, the one who posts the spoiler and the one who reads it. Why should the poster take the majority of the responsibility? Why is anybody expected to ensure other people's entertainment by giving up their own? Accidentally reading a spoiler tag may ruin your entertainment, but being prohibited to discuss an episode ruins mine. And why is your entertainment more important than mine? 

On the topic of the show surpassing the book plot. Admittedly very comfortable. What can you do if you do not wish to follow the show? Get off the internet for the next five years. Realistically, avoid Game of Thrones related content and hope for the best. And if you do stumble upon unwanted information about TWOW plot, it is not the fault of those who watch the show, they mean you no harm. Besides, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy the book if/when it does come out. We still read Romeo and Juliette and Anna Karenina too, the entertainment value of a book is not the last chapter, but road there from the first chapter. 

Footnote on previous seasons/episodes, trailers, previews, behind the scenes footage, production interviews, sample chapters: if you consciously decide to ignore released content, it doesn't make it a spoiler. 

In conclusion, coming across a spoiler should be the worst thing that happens to you in life, it's not a disaster and definitely not a pre-planned malicious act against your person. It's an accident, in worst case, a bit of carelessness, but I guarantee that nobody meant to ruin your fun, so please do not ruin theirs by banning discussions, reporting posts, making scenes and taking personal offense. And take responsibility for your own fun and make an effort to avoid spoilers instead of expecting them to avoid you, it's not just the responsibility of the Internet. 

Reveal hidden contents

Because you know, if you don't use a condom and get pregnant, you can't sue the company. 

Disclaimer 2.0: I say this as a person who was spoiled the Red Wedding online. 

Just putting this out there because I had a moment of self importance and I have facepalmed over the spoiler sensitivity of this board one too many times. 

While I disagree with you about the importance of spoilers to a story (I am one of those extremely spoiler-sensitive persons you facepalm over), you make some valid points. Since several people have brought this up now I'll send pebbles a PM about adjusting our spoiler policy, but since she hasn't been seen in a month I don't expect her to respond soon.

Just now, First of My Name said:

I had forgotten about Liotta's laugh in that movie, never let that happen again.

While I disagree with you about the importance of spoilers to a story (I am one of those extremely spoiler-sensitive persons you facepalm over), you make some valid points. Since several people have brought this up now I'll send pebbles a PM about adjusting our spoiler policy, but since she hasn't been seen in a month I don't expect her to respond soon.

First, you put great effort into making your spoiler policy and I totally appreciate and respect that. I may not agree with it, but that's okay, there is no way to please everybody. And as an elected spamking, we gave you the authority to make a spoiler policy which you did with the best intention according to what you find important and what you think is right. (Throwback Monday to the time I said in the post below thread that politicians are not evil) 

Just do as you see fit and people will adjust. And keep in mind that there will always be someone who is not happy with a decision, because it's impossible to please everybody. 

5 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

First, you put great effort into making your spoiler policy and I totally appreciate and respect that. I may not agree with it, but that's okay, there is no way to please everybody. And as an elected spamking, we gave you the authority to make a spoiler policy which you did with the best intention according to what you find important and what you think is right. (Throwback Monday to the time I said in the post below thread that politicians are not evil) 

Just do as you see fit and people will adjust. And keep in mind that there will always be someone who is not happy with a decision, because it's impossible to please everybody. 

Thanks, and I agree, which is why I didn't send a PM to pebble until several spammers expressed their dissatisfaction.  

I'm glad you don't think I'm evil :P 

Btw, since you've been complaining about there not being enough people posting in this thread for weeks, you might consider that suppressing what people post in it is probably not going to encourage more people to post.

Again, I'm not arguing against your policy, despite it being stupid, because despite my empty threats I don't intend to post here about it. I just wanted to highlight ths silliness of it all.

Ultimately, if people feel the need to be wrapped up in bubble wrap and protected from the nasty spoiler tags, that's between you and them.

21 hours ago, Eyron said:

Hey Lady O!

I am glad you are ok! Coincidentally, I'm actually going in for a CT scan tomorrow precisely for the kidneys. I also thought I drank plenty of water everyday but I think I need to up the intake too after all.

Still on the fence about watching the show this year... It's going to be hard not to, but I am not very excited about it. I'm leaning towards watching it since there's a 100% chance of spoilers in my circle of online friends anyway :lol:

Maybe you need to jump to the left, and then a step to the right.

Btw, I still think that Joffrey Antoinette and Cute little Aerys are the best avatars the board has seen.

How did the CT scan go? Are they looking for kidney stones? And yah, 96 oz of water per day is starting to wear on me. But if I even try not to drink a ton of water I get a headache and feel icky. So I'm stuck using the restroom at work like 6 times in 4 hours :blushing:

11 hours ago, The Kingmaker said:

NEED. MORE. ENERGY. IT'S ONLY MONDAY.

I believe at this point Capri Sun replaced all the water in my body.

They now have organic Capri Sun should you feel like being adventurous.

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Those questions are all too hard. :leaving: Shortly, interest from somebody happened.

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

A friend I have known since last year has shown interest to be more than friends. I have a few doubts (expanded upstairs somewhere) which I am allowing to be the consequence of my extreme tiredness and therefore weird mood during the past few days (I did not sleep well those days at all). He already has the "he is cute"-approval from two girl friends. ;)

Now the dirty details:

Hide contents

He is tall, so I need to arch back a lot or stand on my tiptoes o give him a peck. :blushing::blushing::blushing:

Is this the same fellow you mentioned a while back that you thought may have been interested but you weren't sure? Sounds lovely - keep up the good :whip: work :D

And I'm 4'10" so yah, kissing has never not been awkward. But hey, when you aren't standing there's not much of a height difference :leer:

:leaving:

And now to boring life stuff: I had a water balloon fight with my spawn today!! It was fun :wub:  - but when I was putting him to bed he told me that he now has to nap at school in a separate room from the other kids. Now i knew that they had him in the same room but sort of partitioned off because he was talking and being distracting. I spoke with the teacher and told them I thought that making a 5 year rest for 2 hours (!!!) was a lot to ask of a kid that doesn't normally nap. I'm trying really hard to not lose my shit right now because he hates being alone. It's his biggest fear and yet they have him in a room, by himself, for like 2 hours :( I'm really not ok with that. And none of the staff bothered to tell me or run it by my approval. Ugh. Not a happy mama right now.

Good morning

Lady O, the CT is today in a couple of hours. I think it's mainly to look for tumours, since that's what they mentioned as the reason but perhaps other things as well. I'm not too worried myself, it seems more like a precautionary measure on the doctors part, but it's certainly been throwing me off a bit yesterday and today. 

That seems rather unprofessional of the teachers. Two hours! That is forever for a child :( I hope you can sort something out for Lil O :grouphug:

BB, stop trying to make everybody's heads explode. :angry:

3 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Is this the same fellow you mentioned a while back that you thought may have been interested but you weren't sure? Sounds lovely - keep up the good :whip: work :D

And I'm 4'10" so yah, kissing has never not been awkward. But hey, when you aren't standing there's not much of a height difference :leer:

:leaving:

No, that one is ... well, if he is not doing anything about it, then I was probably mistaken. :dunno:

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

3 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

And now to boring life stuff: I had a water balloon fight with my spawn today!! It was fun :wub:  - but when I was putting him to bed he told me that he now has to nap at school in a separate room from the other kids. Now i knew that they had him in the same room but sort of partitioned off because he was talking and being distracting. I spoke with the teacher and told them I thought that making a 5 year rest for 2 hours (!!!) was a lot to ask of a kid that doesn't normally nap. I'm trying really hard to not lose my shit right now because he hates being alone. It's his biggest fear and yet they have him in a room, by himself, for like 2 hours :( I'm really not ok with that. And none of the staff bothered to tell me or run it by my approval. Ugh. Not a happy mama right now.

This is ridiculous. I hope they stop putting him to sleep for that long. When I was in kindergarten, I was the only child who was not used to napping in the afternoon at some age, so my parents and the nannies in the kindergarten agreed that I do not need to. They allowed me to stay up and play by myself (usually drawing or something similarly quiet) until the others woke up. Maybe Lil O's nannies would be open to that as well?

13 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Btw, since you've been complaining about there not being enough people posting in this thread for weeks, you might consider that suppressing what people post in it is probably not going to encourage more people to post.

Again, I'm not arguing against your policy, despite it being stupid, because despite my empty threats I don't intend to post here about it. I just wanted to highlight ths silliness of it all.

Ultimately, if people feel the need to be wrapped up in bubble wrap and protected from the nasty spoiler tags, that's between you and them.

You are most definitely arguing against the policy. That's fine, it should be open to discussion, but you've been presenting reasons why it's flawed in several posts, so it's silly to say that you're not arguing against it. If you really didn't care you wouldn't have dedicated this many posts to the topic.
As I said, I PM'ed Pebble about changing it, not sure what the point is of continuing to call it stupid and silly after I've already given you what you were arguing for.

The  no spoilers rule is fine. There are usually multiple threads for various aspects of each episode. Often there are pages of different topics for each episode.

Happy Tuesday my lovelies :kiss: May you all have days that don't suck

I have been feeling very worthy lately. It is a nice feeling.  Been a long time since I last felt it. My clothing generally reflects my mood so yesterday was a khaki skirt (above the knee, but not too short), white tank top and men's army green shirt worn open over it and combat boots.  I feel strong and determined (and  little like Laura Croft :lol: which inspired me to see what it would take to do a vacation to Egypt in a yr and half)

Today is a bright orange long skirt with a multi-colored top. Bright and sunny :)

8 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

That is totally unacceptable. First off, it should not be more than 1 hr of nap/rest time. Not like he is an infant! he's almost ready for school, which tends to be much harder for kids who are used to napping btw.

And to put him in a room alone! I would be raising holy hell over that!

Good luck talking with them!

5 hours ago, Eyron said:

Good morning

Lady O, the CT is today in a couple of hours. I think it's mainly to look for tumours, since that's what they mentioned as the reason but perhaps other things as well. I'm not too worried myself, it seems more like a precautionary measure on the doctors part, but it's certainly been throwing me off a bit yesterday and today. 

That seems rather unprofessional of the teachers. Two hours! That is forever for a child :( I hope you can sort something out for Lil O :grouphug:

Best of luck! Crossing my fingers, holding my thumbs and sending positive thoughts!

Archived