TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

Pebbles definitions of

Argument = Involves 2 or more people.   often involves shouting, name calling and and stating "your opinion / facts" in an obnoxious manor.  Often talking/shouting over the over people. and refusing to listen / consider the other side.

Debate = Involves 2 or more people / sides.  An intense discussion of an idea.  each side is give respect, and is listened to.  The statements of each sides are fully considered.  Often the debater do not necessarily agree with the opinion they have taken in the debate.  But are debating in good faith to fully explore the issue.  - think playing devils advocate.

Discussion -  Involves 2 or more people a friendly talk about something.  The discussion could be between people all on the same side or different sides.  Discussions mix well with beer and or :smoking:    neither are necessary.   discussions can be about anything, and the dissucssee's can have a range of feelings on the matter, from intense passion to mah, I kinda feel

Rant = Like an argument, but only one person / side is engaged in the rant.  - often uses the work "fuck" at least once in every sentence.

Statement = Like Rant, again using one one person / side.  but more polite.  probably doesn't use the word Fuck as frequently as a rant.  The Statement maker is not looking for a response, and will often ignore one.

Fight = :box:    something Arguments can turn into if they involve too much :cheers: and or get out of hand.

The above definitions are Pebbles own opinions, and the examples given best fit in person events.  Not online.  they can be applied online.

This post is a statement by Pebble.

How these definition apply to what AB posted, well thats up to AB.   He can use my defintions if he wants or his own.

5 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'd not seen that one befor. But here's one For Barry and Freda

It's from Victoria Wood with All the Trimmings. Pretty insane cast list, from wikipedia:

Spoiler

It also featured an enormous number of guest celebrity appearances such as Caroline Aherne, James Bolam, Betty Boothroyd, June Brown, Craig Cash, Roger Cook, Lindsay Duncan, Hannah Gordon, Richard E. Grant, Shobna Gulati, Philip Jackson, Derek Jacobi, Hugh Laurie, Robert Lindsay, Geraldine McEwan, Bob Monkhouse, Roger Moore, Michael Parkinson, Bill Paterson, Billie Piper, Pete Postlethwaite, Alan Rickman, Angela Rippon, Kate Robbins, Ted Robbins, Delia Smith, Kathy Staff, Imelda Staunton, Alan Titchmarsh, Ian Watkins, Honeysuckle Weeks, Penelope Wilton, Anna Wing and Bernard Wrigley.

Better version. They played it on 5Live earlier today.

Oh my oh hell yes got to put on that party dress

I'll be visiting my cousin this weekend. I'm so excited. She was my first, and best friend most of my childhood/teen years. :commie:

I hadn't seen her since December 1980 [before most of you were even born!] when my parents divorced and we moved away. I had just turned 16.

Last time I had spent the night at her house (in Nov) she called up some older guy she knew (she always knew the guys ;) ) and we went out to the airport and had a bit of "smoke".  We were 15 & 17 :lol: Pretty sure this time will be smoke free ;) 

Good day everyone

The renovation was completed yesterday and I took the premiere shower! Awesome :D Everything seems to work as it should, except one spotlight that started to flicker a bit, and I hope that is easily sorted out. 

The co-op project (drainage and new pathways etc etc) has started back up so we'll hopefully have a nice garden again early this summer. Still need to get the foundation fixed and painted. It's not going to be my headache though. 

Lany, have a great time with your cousin. Make up for all those years apart :cheers:

15 hours ago, Pebbles said:

Oh I know something thats worthy of a rumor, but I can't tell you guys.    Sorry.

Devilish. :P

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Very well...

Reveal hidden contents

I hear Buckwheat got pregnant with that gentleman she kissed earlier, don't tell anyone!

What nonsense. Nobody is going to believe that.

Glad the renovation is going fine, E! And have fun with the cousin, Lany. :)

On 4/20/2016 at 5:29 PM, First of My Name said:

It's 'rumors', you peasant :P

I'm pretty good, but I have to admit I've written practically nothing the past months, I've had other things on my mind and after like 18 months of working on a story you lose motivation after a while. I want to pick it up again but with exams next month that's not happening soon.
How are you?

I make my own quotes sucker. 

Take your time. You've got a lifetime ahead of you, you know? Enjoy yourself, knock those exams out, and do what you do.

My lawyer says I don't have to answer that question. 

On 4/20/2016 at 6:06 PM, Eyron said:

Good day FoMN

I'm just ninjaing, sharpening my arsenal, performing my nightly duties, and doing well for the most part. I hope you've been well too.

lol, I haven't read any of that before but I think I will now. Web comics are perfect fodder for slow work days.

Yeah Achewood is ..... something  The Great Outdoors fight is the best one, but Magical Realism is a stoner's dream.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Very well...

Reveal hidden contents

I hear Buckwheat got pregnant with that gentleman she kissed earlier, don't tell anyone!

23 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Devilish. :P

What nonsense. Nobody is going to believe that.

Glad the renovation is going fine, E! And have fun with the cousin, Lany. :)

Wait, wait. Who kissed who now and how do you all know that ? And why is it so unbelievable Fleur ? And why the fuck does autocorrect keep changing Fleur to Flour ? 

13 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

It's from Victoria Wood with All the Trimmings. Pretty insane cast list, from wikipedia:

Reveal hidden contents

It also featured an enormous number of guest celebrity appearances such as Caroline Aherne, James Bolam, Betty Boothroyd, June Brown, Craig Cash, Roger Cook, Lindsay Duncan, Hannah Gordon, Richard E. Grant, Shobna Gulati, Philip Jackson, Derek Jacobi, Hugh Laurie, Robert Lindsay, Geraldine McEwan, Bob Monkhouse, Roger Moore, Michael Parkinson, Bill Paterson, Billie Piper, Pete Postlethwaite, Alan Rickman, Angela Rippon, Kate Robbins, Ted Robbins, Delia Smith, Kathy Staff, Imelda Staunton, Alan Titchmarsh, Ian Watkins, Honeysuckle Weeks, Penelope Wilton, Anna Wing and Bernard Wrigley.

Better version. They played it on 5Live earlier today.

I'll have to try and watch all the trimmings. Actually I vaguely remember it being on one year but I must have been busy because I didn't see it, and it's the sort of thing I would watch. 

18 hours ago, Eyron said:

Nice, I will definitely see X-men, and probably Warcraft as well.

I love the XMen universe and Warcraft has Ragnar.

Sounds like you'll have loads of fun :) and 5 days is plenty of time. Enjoy the trip! 

5 days are not enough for all the things I want to do; go to the museums, to theater, see the nightlife, go for shopping and meet new people. But once I am home is Easter with family and friends which is nice. Thank you!

Everything was finished as I came home today. It is a huge relief! On the whole, the renovation took much much too long due to unforeseen stuff, wrong deliveries, random events etc. The electrician did a fine quick job though.

That is very good. You now have the time to relax and rest.

@Buckwheat, ab aeterno, Helaena, Pebbles, TBB, Lany, TKIB & First of your name; https://49.media.tumblr.com/95eb7519d13e4bfea542b2e1b8e19f1b/tumblr_njqh4fq4lU1tdy0nco1_500.gif

Archived