TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

9 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I googled the Donner Party ... and do not see the connection with this thread? Am I sillier than an average spammer? :idea:

My course is in the afternoon ... and I do not know how I will love only having 3 people there! It will be too quiet. Depends on the students sure, till now I had one group where they were really quiet and passive and another group where they are really active and ask questions and make dialogues and all.

From a selfishly materialistic POV, I would rather have more students because then I would earn more money. :leaving:

Good luck finding the temper. Did you look under the furniture?

Oh you are TEACHING the course.  In that case, three students is a sadness for your wallet.   If you were EATING them, a three people course would NOT be good for the Donner party.  If you were TAKING the course, three students and one teacher is totally awesome.

Sorry your enrollment is so low.  This year I taught two sections of lab and a lecture for around 12 students.  6 of them were in my lecture and only three of them ever showed up. :(  Yuck.  For such few students they ran me ragged for ten hours all day on Monday.

I did look under my desk for my temper.  NO luck.  I think I am going to take the day off.  All the whining will still be there tomorrow and I wisely didn't schedule myself.

Edit:  FOMN!!!! :tacklehugs:  How are you?

On 4/25/2016 at 8:30 PM, Lady Olenna said:

Put me in the boat of those without HBO. Don't really care that I'm missing it though. Pretty indifferent at this point :dunno:  I think last season killed the joy of the show for me :( 

I will be watching the Incredibles with spawn instead, eating lemon basil cream shrimp pasta

WHAT ELSE HAVE I MISSED?  I didn't know one was allowed to put all that on beautiful pasta.  How are you LadyO?

On 4/26/2016 at 0:47 AM, The Kingmaker said:

What better time to cancel an 9 am lecture than just half an hour before it? It's not like I travel for one and an half hour to come to class anyway

OH GOD I'M ABSOLUTELY LIVID AT THE MOMENT

Try not to strangle your professor. :(  There are days that we just can't do it.  We are always really sorry.  Calling in to work at a normal job puts 2 or 3 people out.  For teachers, it puts the whole class out.  For me that's 20-30 people.  Nothing makes me feel worse, but some days we CAN'T.  Sorry though.  That sucks.

2 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

WHAT ELSE HAVE I MISSED?  I didn't know one was allowed to put all that on beautiful pasta.  How are you LadyO?

Try not to strangle your professor. :(  There are days that we just can't do it.  We are always really sorry.  Calling in to work at a normal job puts 2 or 3 people out.  For teachers, it puts the whole class out.  For me that's 20-30 people.  Nothing makes me feel worse, but some days we CAN'T.  Sorry though.  That sucks.

One of our lecturers failed to show up to a 9AM lecture last year putting upwards of 200 people out :P Also, he hadn't even notified the uni, they were all expecting him in. Not even as though it was some emergency so he couldn't call, he'd just missed the train. 

But he was a bit of a huuuuge dick so I wasn't really surprised. Fortunately I wasn't in any of his tutorial groups, as I heard they were nightmarish

7 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

Oh you are TEACHING the course.  In that case, three students is a sadness for your wallet.   If you were EATING them, a three people course would NOT be good for the Donner party.  If you were TAKING the course, three students and one teacher is totally awesome.

Sorry your enrollment is so low.  This year I taught two sections of lab and a lecture for around 12 students.  6 of them were in my lecture and only three of them ever showed up. :(  Yuck.  For such few students they ran me ragged for ten hours all day on Monday.

I did look under my desk for my temper.  NO luck.  I think I am going to take the day off.  All the whining will still be there tomorrow and I wisely didn't schedule myself.

:lmao: You thought I was going to EAT my three students? :lol: You are brilliant, Lily.

Three students were not that active today, but not terribly disappointing. Will see how that course goes on.

Taking a day off sounds like a good idea in this situation. Go for a walk and then come back spam with us. :)

23 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

One day more to revolution,
We will nip it in the bud!
We'll be ready for these schoolboys,
They will wet themselves with blood!

Tomorrow we'll discover what our god in heaven has in store...
One more dawn...
One more day...
One day more!

23 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

:commie:X was murdered in the film! :commie:

Hey, spoiler tags! Not everyone has seen this masterpiece of modern cinema yet (I think).

12 hours ago, Eyron said:

Hey Buckybuck, that's unfortunate. It's something as you said, experience not the least.

Helena, that doesn't sound very good at all :/ have you gotten any help for it, or is it a one off thing? I know you usually sleep very little but not like this.

Lily, happy grading :PJust F everyone :thumbsup:

Phrasing! :o

8 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

Edit:  FOMN!!!! :tacklehugs:  How are you?

Hey :D Been a while. Don't tackle me, my knee is sore from a hockey game :rolleyes:
I'm pretty good, though very busy over my upcoming exams and somewhat convinced I'll die alone :P 
How are you?

17 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

The musical has been around for donkeys years.

Yeah it's getting a bit silly if you have to spoiler tag stuff that's been around since the 1800s

Helloooo y'all. 

Lily :lmao: I was dying when I read that post! Thanks fer the giggle. 

I decided 4 days ago to kick gluten since I k ow I am allergic to it. Just not anaphylactic like peanuts. It's not that difficult really but I have been dozing off throughout the day :uhoh: like barely hanging on at work. And last night I was cooking rice for my homemade dog food and dozed off and nearly burned the house down! My eyes are heavy right now! The only thing I can link to it is going gluten free :dunno: weird side effect. 

I have to say I was a bit disappointed when I clicked on BB's link. I was not expecting Adam Driver and would have preferred what my imagination was anticipating :P 

The revenge of the Fifth! :fencing:

20 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

lmfao Lily, I want to take a vacation in your head.

11 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Hey, spoiler tags! Not everyone has seen this masterpiece of modern cinema yet (I think).

Phrasing! :o

Nein, spoilertags for such old stuff as that can't be enforced imho... Even if there are slight changes in the film versus the musical.

What do you mean? Double entendre ftw! :leer: I've "helped" Lily with summer grading before so she knows what I mean lol.

8 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I decided 4 days ago to kick gluten since I k ow I am allergic to it. Just not anaphylactic like peanuts. It's not that difficult really but I have been dozing off throughout the day :uhoh: like barely hanging on at work. And last night I was cooking rice for my homemade dog food and dozed off and nearly burned the house down! My eyes are heavy right now! The only thing I can link to it is going gluten free :dunno: weird side effect. 

That is a weird side effect indeed. Have you looked it up yet?

I'm kicking carbs atm, any carbs apart from veggies. I am actually doing fine, maybe since I cut down rather gradually over a long time and sugar was the first thing. I never liked sweet stuff all that much anyway. I also cut down on meal sizes so I can't eat all that much in one go anymore which helps. Since no sugar I don't get as hungry in the first place. We'll see how it goes in the long run, but it's going well so far.

I finally managed to borrow and start reading The Lies of Locke Lamora. Now lets see if it is as good as they say! :read:

I also bought a new book, one of poetry, because I obviously cannot be trusted in a bookshop. But I had a chance to get both the autographs from the author and the translator, and they are so beautiful poems. :read:

Not being trusted in a bookstore is my favourite trait. Last week I bought first book of First Law series as only local bookstore who sells English novels finally brought it here. Tomorrow I'll go buy the rest.

I probably need someone to manage my financial choices... and rest of my life choices too. :uhoh: 

Archived