TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

11 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I had some sort of an interview for a summer job today. Is that a good life choice? :uhoh:

Yes, although I prefer mine.  Not working in the summer.  Ok, I DO work, but it is prep and inventory and conferences n stuff.  No CLASSES THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS!

So I am grading right now and it is so boring.  So I tell myself I can quit after 1 more paper.  Then 1 more.  Then 1 more.   Sigh.  I have been 1 more papering for 4 hours today. :(  Not even done with this class yet.

2 minutes ago, Lily Valley said:

Yes, although I prefer mine.  Not working in the summer.  Ok, I DO work, but it is prep and inventory and conferences n stuff.  No CLASSES THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS!

So I am grading right now and it is so boring.  So I tell myself I can quit after 1 more paper.  Then 1 more.  Then 1 more.   Sigh.  I have been 1 more papering for 4 hours today. :(  Not even done with this class yet.

If I get this summer thingy, it will not be teaching. But I can see how no classes for two months will be good for you. ;)

Good luck with the grading. :grouphug:

1 minute ago, The Kingmaker said:

Is this one of those jobs they expect you to show... um... "commitment and responsibility"? *hisses at the words*

Actually they just emphasised being on time. I suppose this shows commitment?

And well, it is working with people who need you for help and information, so being responsible would probably help as well.

I do not have a problem with commitment and responsibility, I do have a problem with being open and communicative and able to react productively and quickly in every situation ... :leaving:

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I finally managed to borrow and start reading The Lies of Locke Lamora. Now lets see if it is as good as they say! :read:

I also bought a new book, one of poetry, because I obviously cannot be trusted in a bookshop. But I had a chance to get both the autographs from the author and the translator, and they are so beautiful poems. :read:

I've not been so excited over a book purchase since...

4 hours ago, The Kingmaker said:

Not being trusted in a bookstore is my favourite trait. Last week I bought first book of First Law series as only local bookstore who sells English novels finally brought it here. Tomorrow I'll go buy the rest.

I probably need someone to manage my financial choices... and rest of my life choices too. :uhoh: 

Book shops are my one weakness when it comes to buying stuff for myself. Clothes, eh, take it or leave it. DVDs, eh, wait till its on Netflix or Amazon. Books though...whole different story. Thank heavens for limited funds or I'd have nowhere to put all the books I would buy. 

I found The Blade Itself a bit disappointing, it's very obviously Abercrombie's first novel, but the series certainly improves a lot in the second and third books.

i am following this thing on FB that has daily free ebooks. Mostly to do with gardening and diy stuff but I am sure there must be a fiction version/non fiction version? I have a collection on my kindle of probably ho hum reading but I figure why not :dunno: it's free! Not that I ever have time to read them .... >_>

Eyron - glad you are doing so well on the no carbs. I never liked sweets either until I became pregnant. Then all hell broke loose. Gluten free isn't too difficult either. I actually already feel a bit better. But as you say, we shall see how long I hold up. 

Tomorrow is Friday. :cheers: 

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I found The Blade Itself a bit disappointing, it's very obviously Abercrombie's first novel, but the series certainly improves a lot in the second and third books.

Idk, I've read it as setting and character introduction book and found it quite pleasing. Might run my next tabletop game on that setting after I finish the series.

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Genau!

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Book shops are my one weakness when it comes to buying stuff for myself. Clothes, eh, take it or leave it. DVDs, eh, wait till its on Netflix or Amazon. Books though...whole different story. Thank heavens for limited funds or I'd have nowhere to put all the books I would buy. 

I do not have place to put books as it is. Whoopsie.

I only read the first novel by him back in high school ... obviously I was not interested enough to read on (although I had already borrowed the second one, but returned it unread).

I somehow cannot concentrate on reading these days though. :(

So I take it you people just do not want to finish this thread? :leer:

7 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I have a collection on my kindle of probably ho hum reading but I figure why not :dunno: it's free! Not that I ever have time to read them ....

There's too much good stuff out there to waste precious reading time on ho hum books...

In case you were wondering (which I know you weren't, which is fine :P ), I did submit my thesis, bahahaha. Yes, about 20 minutes ago. My brain is seaweed. Going home to sleep. 

@First of My Name if I could submit my goddamn thesis, you can pass your finals too, fingers crossed for you, sending all the motivation! Slay it, bro :cheers: 

11 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

In case you were wondering (which I know you weren't, which is fine :P@First of My Name ), I did submit my thesis, bahahaha. Yes, about 20 minutes ago. My brain is seaweed. Going home to sleep.

Congratulations! You've earned a good rest.

18 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

In case you were wondering (which I know you weren't, which is fine :P ), I did submit my thesis, bahahaha. Yes, about 20 minutes ago. My brain is seaweed. Going home to sleep. 

@First of My Name if I could submit my goddamn thesis, you can pass your finals too, fingers crossed for you, sending all the motivation! Slay it, bro :cheers: 

I was wondering, I swear!

Such happy news. Congratulations, now go do something relaxing for three days! :grouphug:

Spoiler

Because you will then need to wake up for defending it probably. Me being a partybreaker. :leaving:

26 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I was wondering, I swear!

Such happy news. Congratulations, now go do something relaxing for three days! :grouphug:

Reveal hidden contents

Because you will then need to wake up for defending it probably. Me being a partybreaker. :leaving:

33 minutes ago, felice said:

Congratulations! You've earned a good rest.

Thank you, guys, yeah, I will sure be sleeping through tomorrow. 

Oh of course, I have to defend it... :s oh well, but I do believe the worst is behind us - said Sam Gamgee at the end of the first movie. Sweet summer child. 

1 minute ago, RhaeBee said:

Thank you, guys, yeah, I will sure be sleeping through tomorrow. 

Oh of course, I have to defend it... :s oh well, but I do believe the worst is behind us - said Sam Gamgee at the end of the first movie. Sweet summer child. 

Let me tell you that the worst is behind you. :) The defence is much easier than the writing, I swear.

21 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Let me tell you that the worst is behind you. :) The defence is much easier than the writing, I swear.

Yeah, that's how I remember too, and I'm hoping it won't be different this time either. 

On ‎4‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 1:21 AM, The BlackBear said:

The musical has been around for donkeys years.

But most people haven't, I myself only watched it a year ago and would've hated to be spoiled for it. I don't doubt that there's people who haven't seen it yet. But it looks like I'm the only one who feels this way :dunno: 

On ‎5‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 0:29 PM, The BlackBear said:

Awesome :lol: 

12 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I was absolutely waiting for you to make that joke :P

I have many weaknesses, and book shops are like eight of them.

TBI is my least favorite Abercrombie too.

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

IN A DUSTY BLACK COAT WITH A RED RIGHT HAND!

*insert countless expletives, cigarettes, drugs and alcohol* 

Yes, that means the Shelbys are back :D 

:commie: Sweet. I'm waiting until the season is over and will binge it then, I'm already watching Orphan Black, Firefly and How to get away with murder atm.

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

Well done :cheers: You deserve to sleep for a week.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I was refused for the summer job. :(

That's too bad. Better luck in the future :grouphug:

Hello everyone!

Today I'm breaking routine and am having sushi for supper. One day of carbs a week I think is a good regime. At least it will let me keep it up longer :P

Archived