Name your favourite 4 pre-GOT Targaryens

1 minute ago, King Floki of the Ironborn said:

I'm not talking about which Targaryen made the best ruler, or whatever. I just want to see which Targaryens people find the most interesting to read about for whatever reason.

Personally, I find the Conquering Trio to be absolutely fascinating, and the dynamics of their relationships are something I'd love to know more about. Idk how much is said about them in TWoIaF, which I really need to get, but I've always wondered if Aegon didn't quietly accept himself as more-or-less infertile and knew on some level that one of both of his sons was not his.

I'd also like to know more about Daeron II, in particular his relationship with his father Aegon and son Baelor. I often see Daeron as a bit of a parallel to Rhaegar, who's a semi-GoT character I find very interesting.

Daenys the Dreamer (Saved her family from destruction)

Daemon the Rogue Prince (Was bored so he conquered the stepstones)

Prince Aemon the Dragonknight  (Perfect Knight, want more details of his sibling relationships) 

Baelor Breakspear (#1 forever, crown prince joined a battle of 7 because he knew Aerion was a twat) 

I'm quite fond of Aegon III

I mean to give the smallfolk peace and food and justice. If that will not suffice to win their love, let Mushroom make a progress. Or perhaps we might send a dancing bear. Someone once told me that the commons love nothing half so much as dancing bears. You may call a halt to this feast tonight as well. Send the lords home to their own keeps and give the food to the hungry. Full bellies and dancing bears shall be my policy.

Non Warriors

Daeron II

Viserys II ( Not sure if he was describe as a warrior or not)

Warriors

Daeron I ( Just 14 and already slaying Dornishmen with Blackfyre. Badass XD )

Daemon( Viserys I brother )

Aemon( Dragonknight )

Daeron( Aegon V son )

Rhaegar

Daeron( The Daring. He didn't seem bad at all compared to his older brothers )

Brynden Rivers. The number 1 most fascinating Targaryen of all time (though he doesn't even bear the name).

Elaena Targaryen. She sure lived a life that was full.

Egg. Because he becomes so familiar through Dunk's eyes and he's such a cute kid.

A tie between Visenya and Baelor Breakspear. For different reasons each. What they share is being presented as very capable individuals. The latter is also more likeable for being of the less "fiery", more down-to-earth sort. The way he's presented predisposes me favourably to the "Dornish" Targaryens (colours and all).

Archived