Pick your least favourite character and say something positive about them

10 hours ago, Abdallah said:

Me myself am kind of neutral towards him. Joffrey shouldn't of killed poor dumb Ned. I don't really mind the other factions of the War of the Five Kings. I'm pro Lannister because Tyrion, Tywin Kevan and new Jaime could have ran the Kingdoms pretty damn well, and I do think Tommen would be a good king. Cersei had to endure Robert's abuse for 15 years, and this is the one thing i don't blame her for. Joffrey was a little shit who fucked everything up. 

I wouldn't say Robb is Daemon. Daemon Blackfrye wanted power, and was willing to kill his own half brother for it. Robb wanted to avenge his father. His lords wanted him to be their king. To be fair horrible shit always happens to Starks when they go down South. Rickard burns to death, Brandon strangled, Lyanna dies mysteriously, Ned loses his head and bam Red wedding. He shouldn't of messed with Tywin though. 

As for the other factions Stannis and Renly both piss me off, but i don't mind their ambitions. Balon I have a problem with cause of how he let Theon get captured and tortured. 

See below for reply.

10 hours ago, redtree said:

At least he's got reason, stupid move but he had his reason. Daemon's seems to be only for the IT, i even doubt that he ever "loved" Daenerys

This is a reply to both Abdallah and Redtree.

While its true that Daemon crowned himself and as far as I can see, it looks like he was guning for power, I also think that Robb was certainly not a very humble individual. Remember how he dealt with the Northern lords at Winterfell? He showed he was no push-around and from that I think that he could have halted the Greatjon and Karstark from crowning him, as that happened only after he essentially rejected declaring for either Stannis or Renly, despite some vocal support for Renly among his bannermen. I think that the idea to crown him suprised Robb as well, but I don't think that he didn't like the idea when he heard it. Its clear that Robb was not willing to put aside his crown or his pride later on so I think that his own power absolutely factored into his decisions. I don't blame him as that's how Westerosi nobles are raised, but I think that he's not a pure hero on a white horse in shinning armor, although he admittedly comes closer to that ideal than Renly or Balon does. And for the record I want to make it clear that I do feel some respect for him for seeking vengeance and to protect his family, even though I think he was misguided in other ways. Everyone has both good and bad parts.

But on the subject of the similarities between Robb and Daemon there are a few that one could mention. I have actually been thinking of opening a thread on the subject of traitors to the realm and their legacy, but I'll do a mini-opening here. What I'd like to focus on is how both Daemon and Robb were essentially saved by their deaths in regards to their legacy. Daemon died bravely on the Redgrass Field in a scene that could inspire singers to keep singing for a hundred years, while Robb was laid low by Frey and Bolton treachery in a classical "the young hero to honorable for this world". In both these cases these two men died without having to suffer the humiliation of defeat. In the case of Robb he was still undefeated on the battlefield and died before he could be confronted with opponents capable of giving him a defeat, like Tywin or Tarly or get stuck at Moat Cailing by the Ironmen. Thus his heroic memory is unsullied by defeat and submission and his worshippers can dream and tell each other of everything he could have done if he had not been killed, even though when he died he was losin hard. Same with Daemon. Daemon's legacy amongst his descendents and supporters seems to have been unsullied thanks to him dying honorable, romantically and early so that the blame of the Redgrass Field defeat went on other heads. If Robb and Daemon had been defeated on the field, force to submitt themselves to royal justice and then either hanged, beheaded, sent to the Wall or left to rot in a dungeon I figure their heroic legacy would be, to say the least, less inspiring. Kind of how Maegor went down, alone and defeated.

Sansa's slap to Robert Arryn was nice to read (and watch).

Walder Fray is good at revenge.

Balon Greyjoy was somehow a feminist choosing Asha over Theon. 

Euron Greyjoy has a manly attitude and must be hot. 

Cersei is entertaining to read (and also very beautiful). 

Jon Con is very loyal. 

Joffrey is dead. 

Daario: knows how to turn women on. How, Seven only know.

Kettleblacks ... um ... er ... probably said or did at least one good thing in human history.

Areo is loyal and is relatively nice to Arianne. And has a cool name.

Damphair I probably wouldn't even mind that much if he hadn't been given the FIRST chapter in FFC. He does have faith, and without him we might not have the kingsmoot.

Ramsay Snow takes good care of his dogs. 

Quentyn Martell keeps on keeping on after travelling half-way across the world to meet a woman who thinks he's ugly, rejects him, and then friend-zones him. 

I can always count on Brienne's chapters to put me to sleep at night.

Catelyn feels like she has a "stone heart" in book 1. I like that.

6 hours ago, LionoftheWest said:

See below for reply.

This is a reply to both Abdallah and Redtree.

While its true that Daemon crowned himself and as far as I can see, it looks like he was guning for power, I also think that Robb was certainly not a very humble individual. Remember how he dealt with the Northern lords at Winterfell? He showed he was no push-around and from that I think that he could have halted the Greatjon and Karstark from crowning him, as that happened only after he essentially rejected declaring for either Stannis or Renly, despite some vocal support for Renly among his bannermen. I think that the idea to crown him suprised Robb as well, but I don't think that he didn't like the idea when he heard it. Its clear that Robb was not willing to put aside his crown or his pride later on so I think that his own power absolutely factored into his decisions. I don't blame him as that's how Westerosi nobles are raised, but I think that he's not a pure hero on a white horse in shinning armor, although he admittedly comes closer to that ideal than Renly or Balon does. And for the record I want to make it clear that I do feel some respect for him for seeking vengeance and to protect his family, even though I think he was misguided in other ways. Everyone has both good and bad parts.

But on the subject of the similarities between Robb and Daemon there are a few that one could mention. I have actually been thinking of opening a thread on the subject of traitors to the realm and their legacy, but I'll do a mini-opening here. What I'd like to focus on is how both Daemon and Robb were essentially saved by their deaths in regards to their legacy. Daemon died bravely on the Redgrass Field in a scene that could inspire singers to keep singing for a hundred years, while Robb was laid low by Frey and Bolton treachery in a classical "the young hero to honorable for this world". In both these cases these two men died without having to suffer the humiliation of defeat. In the case of Robb he was still undefeated on the battlefield and died before he could be confronted with opponents capable of giving him a defeat, like Tywin or Tarly or get stuck at Moat Cailing by the Ironmen. Thus his heroic memory is unsullied by defeat and submission and his worshippers can dream and tell each other of everything he could have done if he had not been killed, even though when he died he was losin hard. Same with Daemon. Daemon's legacy amongst his descendents and supporters seems to have been unsullied thanks to him dying honorable, romantically and early so that the blame of the Redgrass Field defeat went on other heads. If Robb and Daemon had been defeated on the field, force to submitt themselves to royal justice and then either hanged, beheaded, sent to the Wall or left to rot in a dungeon I figure their heroic legacy would be, to say the least, less inspiring. Kind of how Maegor went down, alone and defeated.

I personally think the Stark Lannister conflict could have been dealt with diplomatically. I would have offered Robb the following

1. Agree to peace and return to the North. 

2. The Lannisters and Starks will each release each others prisoners, including Sansa and Jaime. 

3. The Riverlands will be included in House Stark's lands. 

4. Northerner lords and their men will not have to serve in Crown armies against rivals, such as Renly and Stannis. They only need to protect the North from foreign threats.

5. Ned Stark's sword and bones will be returned to Winterfell. If Robb Stark desires southern marriages we will find heirs to powerful houses (such as Loras and Sansa marrying, after Blackwater)

6. (After Blackwater) The Crag will be ceded as well to the North. 

5 hours ago, Abdallah said:

I personally think the Stark Lannister conflict could have been dealt with diplomatically. I would have offered Robb the following

1. Agree to peace and return to the North. 

2. The Lannisters and Starks will each release each others prisoners, including Sansa and Jaime. 

3. The Riverlands will be included in House Stark's lands. 

4. Northerner lords and their men will not have to serve in Crown armies against rivals, such as Renly and Stannis. They only need to protect the North from foreign threats.

5. Ned Stark's sword and bones will be returned to Winterfell. If Robb Stark desires southern marriages we will find heirs to powerful houses (such as Loras and Sansa marrying, after Blackwater)

6. (After Blackwater) The Crag will be ceded as well to the North. 

That's essentially accepting a Stark victory in that they gain everything and the Lannister promise them to serve their interests and essentially create the grounds a second war. Giving the Starks an alliance with the Tyrell or cede lordships of traitors to the Starks is not on the table. Better to marry Sansa with a man who has proved his loyalty to King Joffrey/Tommen and essentially keep her as a lifetime hostage rather than giving the rebels a better deal that they could do themselves. And Tully lands will remain Tully lands, and if someone else will have them, give it to a man of proved loyalty along with lands and wealth in the Riverlands.

19 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

That's essentially accepting a Stark victory in that they gain everything and the Lannister promise them to serve their interests and essentially create the grounds a second war. Giving the Starks an alliance with the Tyrell or cede lordships of traitors to the Starks is not on the table. Better to marry Sansa with a man who has proved his loyalty to King Joffrey/Tommen and essentially keep her as a lifetime hostage rather than giving the rebels a better deal that they could do themselves. And Tully lands will remain Tully lands, and if someone else will have them, give it to a man of proved loyalty along with lands and wealth in the Riverlands.

Not really. for one the North would stay part of the realm. We'd still get taxes from them. The Northerners would never fight for joffrey anyways. External threats likes Aegon would still be the responsibility of Robb. If we made this deal Robb would rule winterfell and Stannis would have no were to go. I doubt Roose could hold the north (and i have no love for those flayers). With the North solidified, we could of focused on fake Aegon and Euron. Heck the Northmen might of joined in an assault on the Ironborn. 

If there was going to be a peace Sansa would have to be released. Tyrion and Cersei would never make peace without Jaime being released and Robb wouldn't make peace without Sansa being released. If Cersei and Willas Married, and Joffrey and Margery successfully married, then house Stark would have been indirectly tied to House Lannister. only question is who would Tyrion marry? The Tyrells want the iron throne. With margery queen they get what they want. the Tyrells were in fact rebels too. 

As for Tully lands, as long as the crown gets the same amount of revenue I don't care if Robb protects Edmure. We needed something to convince the Starks when they had the upper hand and when there was still a chance they'd join Stannis or Renly. It would of had to been a peace that benefited both sides. We wouldn't of had to give anything up really. We didn't need Robb's army after Renly' death. 

Archived