*SPOILERS* Netflix's Love: Lets go too far... lito's way.

Channel4s-JonSnow

11 hours ago, AverageGuy said:

I thought he conned her into tracking him down. When he put up the post, my impression was that he was trying to get to Mickey. And when she shows up, he acts like he's surprised to see her because he's a manipulative jackass.

Yeah I also got the impression he'd put that post out there as a sort of sign for Mickey to follow.

12 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Who else loves Bertie?? 

Really like Bertie, although there is a bit too much of the 'lovable side character' trope about her, which seems a little too on the nose for me. Her performance is fantastic and she brings a great down to earth quality to the show, my gripe is more that it seemed like quite a planned out move to have that sort of flatmate around, seems like quite a common rom com thing to do.

I did really like the 'sandwich guy', forget his name, point out about the dependable black sounding board character, and seeming confused when everyone keeps coming up to him with their problems!

What I like about Bertie is she's nice and kind but she's also sharp and quite self aware. She's not an idiot. She's sweet but she hits the nail on the head with Mickey's behaviour. She sees right through it and she's a nice, kind friend anyway. 

LMAO I love the food guy - he's excellent. 

Heidi saying 'are you making coffee carlito's way' makes me want to tear my eyes out. It's odd, she seemed nice enough before she got to the party but fairly insufferable as the episode progressed. 

3 hours ago, Raja said:

Heidi saying 'are you making coffee carlito's way' makes me want to tear my eyes out. It's odd, she seemed nice enough before she got to the party but fairly insufferable as the episode progressed. 

Yes but it was brilliantly accurate. I've known so many girls who are like this, especially if they are from stage school backgrounds. The sort of grating way they try and crowbar themselves into a joke or group, always assuming that everyone will like them just be being loud and friendly... although the friendliness is quite false. 

I think you kind of understand by the end that shes actually a total bitch, just like everyone else on the show.

I'll post more later ( I've finished the first season), but the more I think about it, the more it seems to me that Micky/ Gus etc. make decisions solely to drive the plot forward as opposed to making organic decisions that are consistent with their characters. 

1 minute ago, Raja said:

I'll post more later ( I've finished the first season), but the more I think about it, the more it seems to me that Micky/ Gus etc. make decisions solely to drive the plot forward as opposed to making organic decisions that are consistent with their characters. 

Interesting, like to hear more on that view. Not sure I agree with it, although there is an element to that in most tv / movies. 

I don't think Heidi is a 'total bitch' at all really just highly strung and basically on the verge of a nervous breakdown due to her career. I think she genuinely enjoyed the night but as soon as she's off the show (and out of the city) has no interest in dating Gus. I mean...makes sense lol. I don't think she's as 'nice' as she first appears but I relate to her a lot more than Gus. 

18 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I don't think Heidi is a 'total bitch' at all really just highly strung and basically on the verge of a nervous breakdown due to her career. I think she genuinely enjoyed the night but as soon as she's off the show (and out of the city) has no interest in dating Gus. I mean...makes sense lol. I don't think she's as 'nice' as she first appears but I relate to her a lot more than Gus. 

Yeah I was overstating it by calling her a bitch, I don't think she is. But I do think that like a lot of the main characters on the show shes pretty self centred and narcissistic. She's just much better at covering it than a lot of the others. 

Yeh I agree but with her she's an actress in a difficult business so the stress and worry of being in a new city and being alone and relying on this job to stay in the city is understandable that she'd be highly strung and OTT. With Gus hes got a cool job, a cool set of friends and a nice enough place. Hes doing okay and hes still a prick. I used to really wanna be an actress and go to drama school so i guess i relate to heidi more. Not a lot. But more than Gus even tho Im a huge movie nerd who works in a dvd/record/games/cd store

4 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Yeh I agree but with her she's an actress in a difficult business so the stress and worry of being in a new city and being alone and relying on this job to stay in the city is understandable that she'd be highly strung and OTT. With Gus hes got a cool job, a cool set of friends and a nice enough place. Hes doing okay and hes still a prick. I used to really wanna be an actress and go to drama school so i guess i relate to heidi more. Not a lot. But more than Gus even tho Im a huge movie nerd who works in a dvd/record/games/cd store

Whats interesting is that they didn't really expand on the 'Gus is a Nerd' thing in the way I thought they would. They didn't really need to over state it, which i thought they would do after the first couple of episodes. Him having that DVD collection was pretty familiar to me, but actually after that point it was more about him as a human being rather than just a classic nerd in the horrible way that something ignorant like Big Bang Theory would show a nerd. 

At that point you also realise you aren't meant to be rooting for him quite as much as it appeared at the beginning. Although I did sympathise with him a lot in some of the situations. I mean he took Micky to a magic show, something he was really passionate about and she stomped on it in front of him, he had to deal with her stalking him and turning up and embarrassing him in front of his work mates. 

But at the same time, I cannot really like him very much, hes cringe worthy and false. 

I agree Mickey turning up at his work place is soo out of order BUT the magic show just robbed me the wrong way. He knew she didn't like magic and still she agrees to go and then she DOES enjoy parts of it but he wants to push her past all the stuff she genuinely IS enjoying to make her like the stuff he likes gets pissy with her when she doesnt have the reaction he wants from her. I think she was difficult and combative and pretty rude but he does sort of force her in this new and uncomfortable situation that IS really out dated and sort of corny and sexist she's COLD. He made SUCH A FUSS about  Bertie being cold on their date and not taking it and he gets really annoyed with her when she wants to be polite and just accept it. But when Mickey is cold in this tiny fucking dress he has picked out for her he wants HER to just shut up and take it. Just strange  to me. 

8 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I agree Mickey turning up at his work place is soo out of order BUT the magic show just robbed me the wrong way. He knew she didn't like magic and still she agrees to go and then she DOES enjoy parts of it but he wants to push her past all the stuff she genuinely IS enjoying to make her like the stuff he likes gets pissy with her when she doesnt have the reaction he wants from her. I think she was difficult and combative and pretty rude but he does sort of force her in this new and uncomfortable situation that IS really out dated and sort of corny and sexist she's COLD. He made SUCH A FUSS about  Bertie being cold on their date and not taking it and he gets really annoyed with her when she wants to be polite and just accept it. But when Mickey is cold in this tiny fucking dress he has picked out for her he wants HER to just shut up and take it. Just strange  to me. 

Yeah I see where you are going with that. I can look at it from both ways, just from experience. Gus just wanted to share something he was really into, because he wanted her to like it too.  I've had my mrs take me to things that I didn't want to go to, or try to make me enjoy things she likes, even though she knew I wouldn't. However, I know I would be a dick if I sat there and took the piss out of it the whole time, that would ruin it for both people. The best thing to do is just to stay quiet, let the other person enjoy it and then make it clear it wasn't for you afterwards and not go again. Mickey doesn't do that however, she makes the experience about her, ruining the show for Gus by making her comments the focus. That was pretty dickish of her.

On the other hand I think I'm also guilty of being more of a stickler for the rules than I'd like. In that situation I'd probably do something similar to Gus, in siding with the Magic place rather than Mickey. He knew the rules, he knew he broke them and he knew she was being a dick, so he just agrees to leave and he gets angry at her. To be fair to him, he DID give her his jacket, ok yes she had to make a fuss about it, but hes the kind of guy who doesn't like to show himself up.

Again its about two people who mainly think about themselves, it never occured to him that she might get cold because he was just considering how she'd look in that dress.

Archived