Channel4s-JonSnow

*SPOILERS* Netflix's Love: Lets go too far... lito's way.

97 posts in this topic

Yes! I'm glad it's coming back. I was worried there for a minute with all the other shows Netflix is now producing that they might not do a S2. You'd think they'd try to drop it around Valentine's Day though for marketing purposes though. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad that it's coming back :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2017 at 11:16 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Season 2 trailer

 

Looks good, I enjoyed Gus' excusing of her craziness, basically admitting he was sort of addicted to her drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Gus ain't perfect either so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think season 2 drops tonight. Can't wait. Also, I saw that season 3 was approved already.

Edited by Martell Spy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I wait for this to come out tonight I would also recommend Catastophe which is a fantastic British tv show about being in a relationship. Its filled the gap while I've been waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excited to continue watching this soon!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the first episode. Was ok. Guess it kind of jumped straight into it from last season, but felt like a bit of a slow start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2017 at 3:38 PM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Watched the first episode. Was ok. Guess it kind of jumped straight into it from last season, but felt like a bit of a slow start.

Agreed, but it picks up! I'm on S2 episode six now and pretty much all of the new episodes pick up right where the last one left off. I dig that about this show. They mention in episode 5 of S2 how about only a month of "show time" has actually passed at that point. Then again, the characters talking are both really high, so who knows how accurate that is. Point being, I like how this show seems to be taking it's time, following these characters in close to "real time" and really showing how a couple starts and grows. Also digging the Randy/Birdie stuff going on this season thus far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching now. On first episode and I like that they've just jumped straight back in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second episode felt like a bit of an improvement, guess because it focussed more on their relationship and the spark they have with each other. 

- liked how gus thought he was being hit on when actually he wasn't. At first I was jumping on it, like how are so many women finding him attractive? Nice they turned it around.

- the fake question at the party was great.

is it just me or has this season been shot differently? Has more of a naturalistic style to it, I might be imagining it however 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This season feels like it's kinda breezed right through - I hated Gus for the first 5 episodes but the last two hes been all right and I can actually buy them together  the day out at the beach episode was so cute  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty much 10 episodes in now, a slow start followed by me absolutely binge watching it. Episodes 5 and 6 were real turning points and complete highs for the show.

- I'm coming to really hate Gus now, he's so subservient and creepy at times, but that's incredibly well observed.

- Mickey I'm having real sympathy for this seasons as her horribleness comes from a place of real pain and she's clearly lashing out to defend herself.

- all the supporting cast are great, Bertie is just so brilliant and watchable , she feels so real.

 

There are just so many elements to the relationships that feel real , that's why it's gotten so good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always liked mickey a lot more than gus and not because she's a girl and he's a boy or anything like that it's just more and more we realise his Midwestern nice act ...is well...an act and that as much as he tells himself he's some downtrodden loser and deserves good things he has NEVER been that loser. We find out this season little details about him that let us know he has never been some bullied dork. 

And mickey can be a total asshole, completely destructive but at least she's self aware about all her flaws, admits them to herself and wants to change them for the better. I haven't watched the last 3 eps so don't know if gus does anything terrible  but like I said for the first 5 eps I was back on the gus hate train and even when he's being nice there's something...off about it. Will warch the rest soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I've always liked mickey a lot more than gus and not because she's a girl and he's a boy or anything like that it's just more and more we realise his Midwestern nice act ...is well...an act and that as much as he tells himself he's some downtrodden loser and deserves good things he has NEVER been that loser. We find out this season little details about him that let us know he has never been some bullied dork. 

And mickey can be a total asshole, completely destructive but at least she's self aware about all her flaws, admits them to herself and wants to change them for the better. I haven't watched the last 3 eps so don't know if gus does anything terrible  but like I said for the first 5 eps I was back on the gus hate train and even when he's being nice there's something...off about it. Will warch the rest soon.  

Agree, any time Gus is being nice its usually coming from a place of selfishness. He is nice to people so that they will like him, not because he likes them especially. In fact its hard to tell if in fact he genuinely likes anybody. Its his artificiality that is so unpleasant, and when his true feelings come out its usually in some passive aggressive way that makes me want to punch him. 

Mickey at least feels more genuine. She is a total bitch at times, selfish and emotional and acts out to deflect pain away from herself, she does things without really giving a crap about whether other people get hurt or not, and is mostly entirely self centred and interested ( which is why I think she has so many issues).. but at least you don't feel like she's lying to you the whole time. 

Last season I thought they were equally bad human beings, but Mickeys histrionics rubbed me up the wrong way. This season I've seen more reason to be sympathetic towards her, and its definitely Gus who is coming across as the more manipulative. 

Whats so interesting is that they are both damaging in so many similar ways. They are both using each other, they are both terrified of pain and loss and rejection. Whether that means they are a good match or actually a dreadful match is yet to be seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Agree, any time Gus is being nice its usually coming from a place of selfishness. He is nice to people so that they will like him, not because he likes them especially. In fact its hard to tell if in fact he genuinely likes anybody. Its his artificiality that is so unpleasant, and when his true feelings come out its usually in some passive aggressive way that makes me want to punch him. 

Mickey at least feels more genuine. She is a total bitch at times, selfish and emotional and acts out to deflect pain away from herself, she does things without really giving a crap about whether other people get hurt or not, and is mostly entirely self centred and interested ( which is why I think she has so many issues).. but at least you don't feel like she's lying to you the whole time. 

Last season I thought they were equally bad human beings, but Mickeys histrionics rubbed me up the wrong way. This season I've seen more reason to be sympathetic towards her, and its definitely Gus who is coming across as the more manipulative. 

Whats so interesting is that they are both damaging in so many similar ways. They are both using each other, they are both terrified of pain and loss and rejection. Whether that means they are a good match or actually a dreadful match is yet to be seen.

Yep agree with pretty much all this really. 

Gus really pissed me off in the episode when he's out with friends and wants the to speak quieter so girls won't here their conversation but when the girls do hear and are only too happy to join in he's all "EWW why are girls here" I was like...DUDE...LEARN SOME FREAKIN SOCIAL SKILLS...

I LOLd when Heidi was so direct to him at the set and he was still super oblivious - I think he's just as self centred as Mickey he just thinks he isn't lol. 

I was only really annoyed with Mickey this season when she stirred up drama at her friends party and then had a tantrum and left but even then she's much more direct and honest about her shittiness in a way gus doesn't seem he'll ever be 

I really enjoy this show tho and the shrooms episode and date episode were pretty sweet so it's interesting to think if these two pole were their best selves would they still work together or is it only because they're so mEssex up that they're drawn to each other 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Also I frgot his name but gus' super cheerful happy friend is a delight and I love him 

Edited by Theda Baratheon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Yep agree with pretty much all this really. 

Gus really pissed me off in the episode when he's out with friends and wants the to speak quieter so girls won't here their conversation but when the girls do hear and are only too happy to join in he's all "EWW why are girls here" I was like...DUDE...LEARN SOME FREAKIN SOCIAL SKILLS...

 

Yeah his behaviour there was quite odd, I couldn't quite tell what his motivation for being such a dick was. Although I have seen my friends do something quite similar when we were out. Its like they get into a relationship and are just so happy they don't have to get into situations with girls any more they will destroy any situation where girls are involved. 

 

 

3 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I LOLd when Heidi was so direct to him at the set and he was still super oblivious - I think he's just as self centred as Mickey he just thinks he isn't lol. 

Yeah, Gus is also super arrogant, which is what makes him quite interesting. He thinks he can write an incredible episode of of Witchita (it was shit it turns out), he also seems to think women are coming onto him when they aren't. I guess there is something real about that, the male ego constantly needing feeding, and when it does it grows super powerful. Rust  (Gus) writes the show so he must see some of himself in there.

 

 

5 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I was only really annoyed with Mickey this season when she stirred up drama at her friends party and then had a tantrum and left but even then she's much more direct and honest about her shittiness in a way gus doesn't seem he'll ever be 

She was a douche there, but at the same time I felt sympathy, her friends invited her along and then basically engaged in topics she couldn't possibly be interested in, and ignored her lack of interest. It was also a very funny scene and I enjoyed the chaos she caused.

 

6 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I really enjoy this show tho and the shrooms episode and date episode were pretty sweet so it's interesting to think if these two pole were their best selves would they still work together or is it only because they're so mEssex up that they're drawn to each other 

I am of the opinion that there is nothing special about their relationship, its just that they both fill each others holes ( whoop!). Mickey needs someone stable and understanding who will put up with her shit and listen to her, Gus just needs a woman who will be a constant source of drama and excitement .. he probably just needs a woman full stop, he also has a huge white knight complex which helps him feel good about himself and a little superior. That doesn't sound especially sustainable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Yeah his behaviour there was quite odd, I couldn't quite tell what his motivation for being such a dick was. Although I have seen my friends do something quite similar when we were out. Its like they get into a relationship and are just so happy they don't have to get into situations with girls any more they will destroy any situation where girls are involved. 

 

 

Yeah, Gus is also super arrogant, which is what makes him quite interesting. He thinks he can write an incredible episode of of Witchita (it was shit it turns out), he also seems to think women are coming onto him when they aren't. I guess there is something real about that, the male ego constantly needing feeding, and when it does it grows super powerful. Rust  (Gus) writes the show so he must see some of himself in there.

 

 

She was a douche there, but at the same time I felt sympathy, her friends invited her along and then basically engaged in topics she couldn't possibly be interested in, and ignored her lack of interest. It was also a very funny scene and I enjoyed the chaos she caused.

 

I am of the opinion that there is nothing special about their relationship, its just that they both fill each others holes ( whoop!). Mickey needs someone stable and understanding who will put up with her shit and listen to her, Gus just needs a woman who will be a constant source of drama and excitement .. he probably just needs a woman full stop, he also has a huge white knight complex which helps him feel good about himself and a little superior. That doesn't sound especially sustainable.

Just watched Marty Dobbs and now I can totally understand more where mickey is coming from. 

Was a bit annoyed when Mickey told Gus the story of being terrified as a child because her father left her in a strange place in the dark and he basically just said; "maaaaaybe you're overreacting" what a dick head.  

Her dad being a drunk, destructive dude makes sense 

Gus has the BIGGEST white knight complex either even thO he's a total asshole 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now