The Walking Dead Season 6: "Who's Neegan?" (no comics spoilers)

MisterOJ

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Any follow up on this? I won't be able to watch it live tomorrow and I'd really like to know if that horrible rumor is confirmed. 

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Any follow up on this? I won't be able to watch it live tomorrow and I'd really like to know if that horrible rumor is confirmed. 

AMC had it pulled, but a transcript is still here http://www.twdenthusiasts.com/2016/03/31/negans-finale-audio-leaks-online-listen-now/

WTH? Sasha is the eighth most appearing cast member, right after Michonne? That's just ... wow. It's almost criminal how little we know or care about her given that number. I mea,, seriously, can anyone describe Sasha in terms of personality?

On 3/31/2016 at 11:27 AM, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Im beginning to wonder if @Dr. Peppereven understands words, lol. I just had to, even though its a childish get back. I understand Dr. Pepper's point and do feel there is conversation to be had. I feel, when watching this show, am always waiting on the next black guy to die. And, yes i see a problem with it in a lot of movies and shows. I have 3 half sister (same mother, their father is black) and about 10 nieces and nephews that you wouldn't know had a drop of white in them. The older ones often ask why there isnt more black people in shows of importance. They notice it and I believe it does bother them. So yea, there is conversation to be had. And, what's more amazing is I'm seeing eye to eye with Dr. Pepper.     

Yup, exactly this.  It has an impact, and one that can be particularly damaging.  

Casting and writing are intentional act.  It's not like everything we see on screen is some coincidental accident that no one can really control.  We desire the writers to make better decisions about all aspects of production.  There really is no reason we should not want to include diverse representation during this very intentional process.  This show has proven to have a poor record when dealing with underrepresented characters. This half season has pretty much been a "how to hide and bury the gays 101" course.  There is good cause to be nervous in how they've set up the underrepresented characters going into the finale where we have been led to believe that some deaths might occur.  

On another note, I have to say that I'm surprisingly finding myself most interested in Morgan's and Carol's walkabout.  They have some similar origin stories.  They both were unable to protect their child from a spouse, for example.  They also both lost a child.  I'm not even sure the writers have considered all of the other parallels between them, but if this were a show with a lot of good writing, I'd probably be expecting some really amazing character moments between these two when they eventually meet up again.  On this show and especially this very uneven season, I'm almost prepared for a letdown in terms of how they handle this particular plot.  Knowing the writers, they might just kill off Carol or Morgan instead of actually writing a good plot for them.

1 hour ago, denstorebog said:

WTH? Sasha is the eighth most appearing cast member, right after Michonne? That's just ... wow. It's almost criminal how little we know or care about her given that number. I mea,, seriously, can anyone describe Sasha in terms of personality?

I think it's just the episodes in which the actors are credited.  They can receive a credit without having even been in the episode, or if they were, without having had any lines.  Like, Andrew Lincoln is shown in 83, but we know he hasn't physically been in every single episode even though he's been credited in every episode.  

Fuck this show. You can't end a season like that. You know someone's dead, just show it so we can move on, and await Rick's revenge. But speaking of Rick, I guess he never heard of regrouping. To be honest I wish Rick would have been the one, that way I can say that this whole show has been Rick blundering his way to Negan's bat.

I mean, great acting, especially from Andrew Lincoln and JDM. Good episode I guess.

But...they shot it in the head. I can't recall a greater waste of a tense moment. Amazing. They had one fucking job. 

Lol, so basically the writers had no fucking clue who to kill.  It's either that or the bigwigs are using this as leverage for contract negotiations.  "you wanna die off screen and only be a stunt double lump that the group looks at in grief in the first few minutes of next season where it will miraculously be noon because we can't figure out time continuity if our life depended on it?  Ok then, sign the fucking contract where you receive a 25% pay cut."

At least there was a ninja horse.  

They did a pretty good job of building up the tension, more than I thought this show was capable of managing. I thought JDM was excellent.

But for fucks sake that ending is complete bollocks. Cliffhanger to create a cheap internet buzz for a few days? people will already have forgotten about TWD a week from now, less. They ruined what up until then, was the best scene of the entire season.

And it makes zero sense in the age of the internet! There's a 99.99% probability of "the who" being leaked via set photos, actor contracts and all that shit, so those that still care will know weeks in advance of next season.  I bet this stunt turns a lot of fans off, even the blinkered ones who still somehow insist this show hasn't been festering in the shitter for a few years now.

7 minutes ago, dooog said:

Cliffhanger to create a cheap internet buzz for a few days?

From what I can tell the buzz is going to consist mostly of people saying "fuck this show". Even on sites where people are usually positive everyone is hating on the ending.

Just one final thing.... can anyone explain why that Savior decided to spend at least a day following Carol while bleeding to death, instead of, you know maybe patching himself up or going back to the Savior ranch for a little recovery.

That ending is completely lame. I've been a lot more forgiving than many of you about this show, but not showing us who got killed is a real disservice to the viewers and it's just flat out cheap. 

I will say that it's clear that the character killed is one of the people taken prisoner last week. So, it's either Darryl, Michonne, Glenn, or whoever the other person was. There were four of them, right? 

Archived