Your ideal Small Council?

OIL, BLOOD, Water

Any character that is still alive in the books. (Daenerys and Jon have a much bigger role to play as Fire/Ice saviors, so I would avoid putting them onto your list. )

400px-Thomas_Denmark_council.jpg

King: Aegon VI
Queen: Margaery Tyrell

Kingsguard Commander: Loras Tyrell
Hand: Quaithe
Grand Maester: Marwyn
Master of Whispers: Jaqen H'ghar
Master of Coin: Davos Seaworth
Master of Laws: Stannis Baratheon
Master of Ships: Wyman Manderly
(Show-only) Master of War: Doran Martell

1 hour ago, OIL, BLOOD, Water said:

Any character that is still alive in the books. (Daenerys and Jon have a much bigger role to play as Fire/Ice saviors, so I would avoid putting them onto your list. )

400px-Thomas_Denmark_council.jpg

King: Aegon VI
Queen: Margaery Tyrell

Kingsguard Commander: Loras Tyrell
Hand: Quaithe
Grand Maester: Marwyn
Master of Whispers: Jaqen H'ghar
Master of Coin: Davos Seaworth
Master of Laws: Stannis Baratheon
Master of Ships: Wyman Manderly
(Show-only) Master of War: Doran Martell

King: Stannis "the Mannis" Baratheon

Queen: Why not Olenna Tyrell

Kingsguard Commander: Barristan Selmy

Hand: Davos Seaworth

Grand Maester: Marwyn or Qyburn

Master of Whisperers: Mance Rayder, more realistically though a Red Priest like Mel, or Qyburn

Master of Coin: Daven Lannister, alternatively however is in charge of the finances at Oldtown I guess, one of the Hightower sons. 

Master of Laws: I give Bronze Yohn Royce the benefit of the doubt and say he is honorable enough

Master of Ships: Victarion Greyjoy. 

Master of War: Brynden Blackfish

I tried to use people who would work relatively well together in-character, but I know that I cheated with some because their plotlines made a cooperation impossible. But I didn't want to recycle the same people all over again.

I'd add: 

CW Commander: Richard Horpe

Master-at-Arms of the Red Keep: Garth "Greysteel" Hightower

Im curious has a Greyjoy ever been a "Master of Ships", much less ever been on the small council?

I think Robert could have saved himself a rebellion if someone on his council was wise enough to invite the only house who didn't really do anything during his rebellion. As Tywin puts it, "Keep them in the fold"( And yes I know Quellon choose to side with the rebels after Robert won the Trident, hence why I said "Didn't really do anything during his rebellion")

Of the people still alive? Sheesh, well, my picks are going to have to all forget their previous relationships to each other for my set to work.

King: Stannis Baratheon
Queen: Sansa Stark

Hand: Davos Seaworth
Kingsguard Commander: Balon Swann
Grand Maester: Pylos
Master of Whispers: Varys
Master of Coin: Willas Tyrell
Master of Laws: Yohn Royce
Master of Ships: Paxter Redwyne

King Aegon VI Targaryen

Queen Margeary Tyrell

Hand Barristan Selmy

Ships Asha Greyjoy

Laws Stannis Baratheon

Whisperers Varys (he is good ONLY if Aegon is King)

Coin Illirio (again, ONLY with King Aegon)

Maester Pylos

LC Barristan Selmy

Other members : Duck, Loras, Balon Swann, Sandor, Blacfish and Wun Wun.

I did try to make possible for them to work together, Stannis did work in Roberts cohncil without getting along with other members and he did his job just fine.

32 minutes ago, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

King Joffrey

Queen Consort: Lynesse hightower

Queen Regent: Cersei

Hand: Roose Bolton

Master of Laws: Walder frey

Master of Coin: Littlefinger

Master of ships: Euron Greyjoy

Master of whispers: Melisandre

Grand Maester: Qyburn

KG Commander: Gregor Clegane

A golden age of peace and proseperity

:grouphug:

A Golden Age indeed. :P

In all seriousness.

King: Aegon VI Targaryen

Queen: Sansa Stark

Hand: Tytos Blackwood

Grand Maester: Pylos (I cant think of any others besides the grey sheep at the Citadel and Coleman, and he's only good at half-protesting orders)

Master of Laws: Bronze Yohn Royce

Master of Coin: Wyman Manderly

Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth

Master of Whispers: Varys (he has been working for Aegon all along, I think you can trust him in this situation)

LC of KG: Ser Balon Swann (On my honor...I will not do as you did)

I thought of this too. didn't see yours until later. Varys was your idea though. I don't like Illirio, but I do like Manderly (seems counterintuitive).

Hm, Manderly seems even better, but wih combination of Sansa as a Queen like you said.

I was aiming for loyalty which is very important and with Sansa as queen I can se Manderys being very loyal to the throne. They are cunning, but not to bankrupt realm and cause civil war extenct, more like expanding White Harbor and stuff which is not bad for realm.

Only going off people who are alive is a huge limitation haha

King: Stannis
Queen: Val

Stannis and Val would be a horrible couple, but individually they have the potential to be great monarchs.

Hand: Bloodraven (he's technically still alive, although I'm assuming he's completely human and still involved in the events of Westeros in this scenario)

Kingsguard Commander: Barristan Selmy
Master of Coin: Wyman Manderly
Master of Laws: Davos Seaworth
Master of Ships:  Paxter Redwyne

Grand Maester: See below
Master of Whispers: See below

I originally put Wyman Manderly as Master of Ships, but considering that position is really head of the navy rather than a trade thing, I made him Master of Coin instead. As much as I like Euron, I wouldn't trust any of the Ironborn we've met. Paxter Redwyne is the only other person I can think of with naval experience who I'd put any amount of trust in.

I can't think of any living maester who I'd be willing to make Grand Maester... Give him a few years and I would consider Sam for the role. If nothing else, he's very clever and trustworthy. I'd probably give the Red Keep another maester to focus solely on the medical duties of the Red Keep.

Master of Whispers is hard... there's no way in hell I'd trust Varys or Qyburn. Bloodraven would be good, but I've already selected him as hand. Littlefinger is the only other person I can think of in Westeros who has the relevant experience, and I trust him even less than Littlefinger. I think the best thing to do is just to find someone clever and loyal, and let them figure it out (with assistance from Bloodraven and Wyman at first).

King: Jon Snow

Queen: Danaerys Targaryen

Hand to the King: Tyrion Lannister

Hand to the Queen : Missandei of Naarth

Lord Commander of Royalguard: Barristan Selmy

Mistress of Coin: Olenna Tyrell or Wyman Manderly

Master of Whispers: Varys

Master of Laws: Eddard Stark

Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth

Grand Maester: Luwin, until Samwell Tarly earns his chain.

Master of War: Stannis Baratheon

14 hours ago, 1000th Lord Commander said:

Seen a few of these.

King: Gendry I

Queen: Arya

Grand Maester: Marwyn the Mage

I assume you selected Marwyn because he seems cool. Maesters are supposed to forget allegiances but I worry about Marwyn's loyalties in general, even his loyalty to Dany. Did that enter into your selection process?

I selected Marwyn because he seems cool, and because he has a wider worldview than other maesters. He is the only maester we've seen that would be willing to accept the possibility of White walkers, and usuing the obsidian candles to find out information.

So far we haven't seen enough of his moves to develop his motives. He sees the threat from the north, and hears about the dragons in the east, and heads off to be a maester for Dany. I assumed he was going to go get her and talk her into bringing her dragons to the Wall.

I think Marwyns loyalties aren't to the Maesters. Other than that, couldn't tell you.

On 15 mars 2016 at 10:01 PM, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

King Joffrey

Queen Consort: Lynesse hightower

Queen Regent: Cersei

Hand: Roose Bolton

Master of Laws: Walder frey

Master of Coin: Littlefinger

Master of ships: Euron Greyjoy

Master of whispers: Melisandre

Grand Maester: Qyburn

KG Commander: Gregor Clegane

A golden age of peace and proseperity

:grouphug:

200w.gif

King Renly Baratheon and Queen Margaery Tyrell's small council :

Hand: Cortnay Penrose
Lord Commander: Barristan Selmy
Grand Maester: Marwyn
Master of Whispers: Arianne Martell
Master of Coin: Kevan Lannister
Master of Laws: Davos Seaworth
Master of Ships: Rodrik Harlaw.

Honorable mention to Doran Martell, Ned Stark, Tyrion Lannister and Willas Tyrell.

Archived