Queen: Olenna Tyrell

Hand of the King: Jon Arryn or Tyrion Lannister

Kingsguard Commander: Barristain Selmy

Grand Maester: Marwyn 

Master of Whispers: Varys

Master of Coin: Littlefinger

Master of Laws: Stannis Baratheon

Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth or Euron Greyjoy

This will assume that the Blackfyre theory is real as well as other crackpot stuff from the CK2 mod:

Behold the Small Council of King Aegon Blackfyre and Queen Mya Baratheon (formerly Stone)!

Hand: Tyrion Lannister

Master of Laws: Eddard Stark or Doran Martell

Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth

Master of Coin: Willas Tyrell

Grand Maester: Qyburn

Lord-Commander of the Kingsguard: Ser Brynden "Blackfish" Tully

Lord-Commander of the Gold-Cloaks: Ser Bronn of Stokeworth

1 hour ago, LordPathera said:

This will assume that the Blackfyre theory is real as well as other crackpot stuff from the CK2 mod:

Behold the Small Council of King Aegon Blackfyre and Queen Mya Baratheon (formerly Stone)!

Master of Laws: Eddard Stark

Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth

Master of Coin: Willas Tyrell

Lord-Commander: Brynden "Blackfish" Tully

Does the crackpot state that Lord Eddard is still alive? Because that is looney. 

On 15/03/2016 at 9:01 PM, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

King Joffrey

Queen Consort: Lynesse hightower

Queen Regent: Cersei

Hand: Roose Bolton

Master of Laws: Walder frey

Master of Coin: Littlefinger

Master of ships: Euron Greyjoy

Master of whispers: Melisandre

KG Commander: Gregor Clegane

To be fair, if they all worked together as a team, then that would be a pretty formidable council. The only two lacking the relevant talents there are Cersei and Joffery (Lynesse is an unknown though). I wouldn't fuck with that opening squad. 

My two-penneth:

King - Tommen Lannister – he does what he’s told like a good king should.

Hand – Tyrion Lannister – just about the right mix of pragmatism and ethics.

Master of Coin – Littlefinger – can’t say he isn’t good at maths.

Master of Laws – Roose Bolton – he keeps a peaceful land.

Master of Ships – Aurane Waters – knows how to sail a boat, and the rest of these could keep him in line.

Master of Wisperers – Varys – he’s clearly the most qualified.

LC of the KG – Bronn of the Blackwater – because hell yeah.

Grand Maester - Pycelle - seems to work well when properly supervised.

21 hours ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

To be fair, if they all worked together as a team, then that would be a pretty formidable council. The only two lacking the relevant talents there are Cersei and Joffery (Lynesse is an unknown though). I wouldn't fuck with that opening squad. 

My two-penneth:

King - Tommen Lannister – he does what he’s told like a good king should.

Hand – Tyrion Lannister – just about the right mix of pragmatism and ethics.

Master of Coin – Littlefinger – can’t say he isn’t good at maths.

Master of Laws – Roose Bolton – he keeps a peaceful land.

Master of Ships – Aurane Waters – knows how to sail a boat, and the rest of these could keep him in line.

Master of Wisperers – Varys – he’s clearly the most qualified.

LC of the KG – Bronn of the Blackwater – because hell yeah.

Grand Maester - Pycelle - seems to work well when properly supervised.

I assume you are trying to make the most unreliable small council ?

Littlefinger have so far been wholly or partly responsible for killing a king and two hands. You really wnat a man who can decide to kill you anytime it suits his purpose ?

Roose Bolton may keep a peaceful land, but he also betrayed his king. See Littlefinger.

Aurane Waters derserted his king at the first sign of trouble.

Varys is working to place another person on the throne.

A LC of the KG should be willing to risk his life for the king. Bronn is only loyal as long as it suits his purposes.

Grand Maester Pycelle is dead. Anyway he was never very reliable either.

2 minutes ago, TheHodorThatWasPromised said:

I assume you are trying to make the most unreliable small council ?

I was basing my choices on the assumption they would work as a team, rather than against each other. We're playing fantasy football here.

3 minutes ago, TheHodorThatWasPromised said:

Grand Maester Pycelle is dead.

Slipped my mind. I'll replace him with Qyburn 

On 3/15/2016 at 7:44 PM, Neptunium said:

Stannis and Val would be a horrible couple, but individually they have the potential to be great monarchs.

In your defense, it seems most of the Kings & Queens of Westeros were horrible couples, or at the very least held no intimate feelings for each other (the expected result of arranged marriages) but may have been good individual or co-rulers

• 1 year later...

King: Aegon VI
Queen: Daenerys
Coin: Willas Tyrell
Law: Stannis Baratheon
Whispers:Varys
Ships: Victarion Greyjoy
Grandmaester: Marwyn until sam gets his chain.
LC: Barristan Selmy
CW: Davos Seaworth
Master of War: Brynden Tully

Night's Watch commander: Jon Snow

Lord paramount of the Trident: Edmure Tully or Jason Mallister

Warden North: Greatjon Umber until Rickon Stark is of age.

Warden West: Kevan Lannister

Warden East: Bronze Yohn Royce

Warden South: Garlan Tyrell

• Hand to the Queen:  Tyrion Lannister
  • Assistant Hand to the Queen:  Skahaz mo Kandaq
  • General of the Armies:  Jorah Mormont
  • Queensguard Commander:  Barristan Selmy
  • Foreign Relations:  Missandei
  • Justice: Greyworm
  • Master of Coin:  Illyrio
  • Master of Spies:  Varys
  • Court Weirdo:  Bloodraven and his tree stump
  • Master of Ships: Victarion Greyjoy
  • Liaison to the Dothraki:  her three bloodriders
  • Liaison to the Ghiscari:  Reznak mo Reznak
  • Liaison to the Free Cities: ?
  • Liaison to Asshai:  Quaithe
  • Royal Food Taster:  Belwas
  • Royal Cook:  Mellisandre after a glowing letter of reference from Stannis.
  • Queen of Westeros and Essos:  Daenerys I

Queen: Danny Targeryan
King: Willas Tyrell
Hand: Jon Snow
Grand Maester: Marywn
Master of whispers: Varys
Master of Coin: Tyrion Lannister
Master of Laws: Mace Tyrell
Master of ships: Victarion Greyjoy

Commander of the KG: Barristan Selmy
KG1: Grey Worm
KG2: Brienne of Tarth
KG3: Loras Tyrell
KG4: Sandor Clegane
KG5: Sir Gerold Dayne
KG6: Arya Stark
Councillor: Brandon Stark
Councillor: Melisandre

Warden of the North: Brandon Stark with the new Lord of the Dreadfort Jon Targeryan acting as protector of the North during the war

LP of the Riverlands: Edmure Tully with the new Lord of Harrenhal Brynden Tully acting as protector of the Riverlands during the war

Warden of the East: Robin Arryn with Lord Royce acting as protector of the Vale during the war and until the boy comes of age

Warden of the West: Tommen Lannister with new Lord of Castamere Kevan Lannister acting as protector of the Westerlands during the war.

Stormlands: New Lord of the Stormlands Aegon Targeryan with Lord of Griffin Roost Connington acting as protector of the Stormlands during the war

Reach: Willas Tyrell with Lord Tarly leading the troops during the war.

Dorne:  Doran Martell

Course of action: 

-    Ask Victarion to come as close to the Vale as possible. Robin will bend the knee by simply flying the dragons to the Eyrie 
-    Send letters to Mace Tyrell. The true queen of Westeros is back and she’s got a 50k army. If Mace is willing to bend the knee and join her side then she will reward him by marrying Willas Tyrell. Tommen (and Margaery) will also be forgiven as long as he accepts that he’s the child of incest and bends the knee. The queen will be gracious to him, allowing him to be appointed Lord of CR and Warden of the West. 
-    Send a letter to Aegon. His 10k army isn’t big enough to capture Westeros. However if he bends the knee then the Stormlands will be his. I am pretty sure that the GC will oblige. After all they only want a Targ to be queen/king
-    Send a letter to Doran Martell. Its time for Dorne to join the fray.
-    Launch a surprise attack on the Riverlands. LF is executed and Sansa is released. Hopefully Mace will see sense in the generous deal offered and he’ll join my ranks to invade KL. The terms for the Lannisters are simple and extremely generous. If the Lannisters bend the knee and they deliver the red wedding hostages to me than Jamie will be allowed to join the NW and Cersei will be sent to the silent sisters. Tommen & Myrcella will be spared, their surname will change to Lannister and Tommen will be appointed Lord of CR and warden of the West. If they don’t. That immense army + the dragons will overwhelm KL defenses in matter of hours. Every trace of Lannister will be eradicated. I am pretty sure that Humfrey Waters will see sense in bending the knee especially since he relies on Tyrell forces to hold the fort
-    Edmure and all other Lords will see their lands and titles restored after bending the knee. At that point allow Sansa to take an army of 20k men up North (lead by Brynden Tully and the Greatjon). The return of the Starks + Northern hostages will be enough for most houses to switch side. That will bring the Bolton’s rule to a swift end. 

22 minutes ago, devilish said:

Queen: Danny Targeryan
King: Willas Tyrell
Hand: Jon Snow
Grand Maester: Marywn
Master of whispers: Varys
Master of Coin: Tyrion Lannister
Master of Laws: Mace Tyrell
Master of ships: Victarion Greyjoy

Commander of the KG: Barristan Selmy
KG1: Grey Worm
KG2: Brienne of Tarth
KG3: Loras Tyrell
KG4: Sandor Clegane
KG5: Sir Gerold Dayne
KG6: Arya Stark
Councillor: Brandon Stark
Councillor: Melisandre

Warden of the North: Brandon Stark with the new Lord of the Dreadfort Jon Targeryan acting as protector of the North during the war

LP of the Riverlands: Edmure Tully with the new Lord of Harrenhal Brynden Tully acting as protector of the Riverlands during the war

Warden of the East: Robin Arryn with Lord Royce acting as protector of the Vale during the war and until the boy comes of age

Warden of the West: Tommen Lannister with new Lord of Castamere Kevan Lannister acting as protector of the Westerlands during the war.

Stormlands: New Lord of the Stormlands Aegon Targeryan with Lord of Griffin Roost Connington acting as protector of the Stormlands during the war

Reach: Willas Tyrell with Lord Tarly leading the troops during the war.

Dorne:  Doran Martell

Course of action: 

-    Ask Victarion to come as close to the Vale as possible. Robin will bend the knee by simply flying the dragons to the Eyrie 
-    Send letters to Mace Tyrell. The true queen of Westeros is back and she’s got a 50k army. If Mace is willing to bend the knee and join her side then she will reward him by marrying Willas Tyrell. Tommen (and Margaery) will also be forgiven as long as he accepts that he’s the child of incest and bends the knee. The queen will be gracious to him, allowing him to be appointed Lord of CR and Warden of the West. 
-    Send a letter to Aegon. His 10k army isn’t big enough to capture Westeros. However if he bends the knee then the Stormlands will be his. I am pretty sure that the GC will oblige. After all they only want a Targ to be queen/king
-    Send a letter to Doran Martell. Its time for Dorne to join the fray.
-    Launch a surprise attack on the Riverlands. LF is executed and Sansa is released. Hopefully Mace will see sense in the generous deal offered and he’ll join my ranks to invade KL. The terms for the Lannisters are simple and extremely generous. If the Lannisters bend the knee and they deliver the red wedding hostages to me than Jamie will be allowed to join the NW and Cersei will be sent to the silent sisters. Tommen & Myrcella will be spared, their surname will change to Lannister and Tommen will be appointed Lord of CR and warden of the West. If they don’t. That immense army + the dragons will overwhelm KL defenses in matter of hours. Every trace of Lannister will be eradicated. I am pretty sure that Humfrey Waters will see sense in bending the knee especially since he relies on Tyrell forces to hold the fort
-    Edmure and all other Lords will see their lands and titles restored after bending the knee. At that point allow Sansa to take an army of 20k men up North (lead by Brynden Tully and the Greatjon). The return of the Starks + Northern hostages will be enough for most houses to switch side. That will bring the Bolton’s rule to a swift end. 

This is excellent. (Apart from killing LF, who I really want to slither free, unlikely as it may be.) People acting with logic and foresight, and very little in the way of violent and unnecessary slaughter. Ergo, probably about as far from GRRM's M.O as can be. :(

Cersei as a Silent Sister is rather mind--boggling, though. I think she'd go down fighting.

26 minutes ago, SeaWitch said:

This is excellent. (Apart from killing LF, who I really want to slither free, unlikely as it may be.) People acting with logic and foresight, and very little in the way of violent and unnecessary slaughter. Ergo, probably about as far from GRRM's M.O as can be. :(

Cersei as a Silent Sister is rather mind--boggling, though. I think she'd go down fighting.

Danny's best chance of putting a crown at her head will be to bring a compassionate justice that will be accepted by both smallfolk and Lords. LF rise to prominence had been too quick and on top of corpses (ex Ned and Jon Arryn) whose relatives are needed to bring peace in Westeros. He doesn't have alot of friends but he surely has alot of enemies. Thus its worth it to sacrifice him same as Walder Frey and Roose Bolton. 

Cersei might go down with a fight but I am pretty sure Jamie will stop her this time round. The Lannisters do not have the men to resist a siege against that horde. By bending the knee both their lives and that off their family will be spared. CR will  remain in Lannister hands and the queen's sister in law will make sure that the Lannisters will not incur further retributions. 

1 minute ago, devilish said:

Danny's best chance of putting a crown at her head will be to bring a compassionate justice that will be accepted by both smallfolk and Lords. LF rise to prominence had been too quick and on top of corpses (ex Ned and Jon Arryn) whose relatives are needed to bring peace in Westeros. He doesn't have alot of friends but he surely has alot of enemies. Thus its worth sacrificing (same as Walder Frey)

Cersei might go down with a fight but I am pretty sure Jamie will stop her this time round. The Lannisters do not have the men to resist a siege against that horde. By bending the knee their lives and that off their family will be spared with CR remaining in Lannister hands. 

I agree. I just have a soft spot for the twisty little bastard.

if Jaime stops Cersei, I think their story has to end in mutual destruction.  The Greek Tragedy thing they have going on would seem to tend that way.  It would feel fitting to me.

5 minutes ago, SeaWitch said:

I agree. I just have a soft spot for the twisty little bastard.

if Jaime stops Cersei, I think their story has to end in mutual destruction.  The Greek Tragedy thing they have going on would seem to tend that way.  It would feel fitting to me.

Is it the case though? Jamie never wanted to be a Lord. He wanted to provide service to those around him like the typical cut and paste knight (think of Duncan the Tall). By taking matters in his hands he will save KL once again + the life of his entire family and offspring from sure death. The NW will bring him redemption and a chance of starting fresh doing what he always wanted to do ie be a knight. 

8 minutes ago, devilish said:

Is it the case though? Jamie never wanted to be a Lord. He wanted to provide service to those around him like the typical cut and paste knight (think of Duncan the Tall). By taking matters in his hands he will save KL once again + the life of his entire family and offspring from sure death. The NW will bring him redemption and a chance of starting fresh doing what he always wanted to do ie be a knight. 

You think George will let him live long enough to earn redemption?  It feels more likely that he'll go to his death as a hissing and a byword, Kingslayer and Kinslayer, choking Cersei as she knifes him in the tripes.  He's a tragic flawed hero, really. (Still side-eyeing chucking a kid out of a window, though.)

10 minutes ago, SeaWitch said:

You think George will let him live long enough to earn redemption?  It feels more likely that he'll go to his death as a hissing and a byword, Kingslayer and Kinslayer, choking Cersei as she knifes him in the tripes.  He's a tragic flawed hero, really. (Still side-eyeing chucking a kid out of a window, though.)

I can see him stopping Cersei from blowing KL up the way Aerys meant to do. Because of it his past sins will be forgiven. The man has lost his father, his sister-wife and his son. That's enough punishment already. 

6 minutes ago, devilish said:

I can see him stopping Cersei from blowing KL up the way Aerys meant to do. Because of it his past sins will be forgiven. The man has lost his father, his sister-wife and his son. That's enough punishment already. 

Watching Cersei blow up the Sept of Baelor was one of the clips(*)that made me think 'I should really read these books', having dodged them for twenty years.  I still think she might. I kind of got the impression that George randomly hammers characters because nobody gets a happy ending, and there is no justice.  Just because life has already stomped you into a hole, doesn't mean that you don't promptly get hit by lightning or nibbled to death by rabbits, too.

(*) when you go searching for quotes about chaos, you have only yourself to blame if you have a weakness for devious smartarses.

Archived