College Basketball: 2016 NCAA Tournament - Rock Chalk!

RedEyedGhost

Well that was an embarrassment.  Seems WVU wasn't ready for a dose of their own medicine.  I figured that a cold shooting night would send us home but I didn't think it would be the first night!  

I really thought WVU would be able to grind it out like they have all season.  They weren't very good on the offensive glass tonight though.  The right side of my bracket is fucked.  Proper fucked.

snatch-o.gif

22 hours ago, Bonesy said:

My Baylor pick sure turned out to be hilarious. As the guy running the pool said "thank you for your donation."

Pulling for Michigan State the rest of the way just to save a little face.

lmao

Michigan St, CAL, and Baylor done in the first round. And everyone in the state of Kentucky having UK at least in the great 8.

My new personal best as far as futile brackets. 

Once again I got to see nothing of the games...but after seeing scrolls through of the scores....

None of the upsets really crushed my bracket - MSU obviously was a big one, but I only had them going one more game against Utah.  Didn't make my MSU buddy happy, but considering what this year looked like I just about did my brackets with a coin flip for most.

Gotta love March madness. In what was easily the best first day I've ever had (in the 99th percentile on ESPN bracket challenge), I also lost my champion (Michigan State).  At least OU is still in it so I have a reason to keep watching.

54 minutes ago, sperry said:

Gotta love March madness. In what was easily the best first day I've ever had (in the 99th percentile on ESPN bracket challenge), I also lost my champion (Michigan State).  At least OU is still in it so I have a reason to keep watching.

Sunday's game will be really good. Can't wait to see how VCU handles Hield. 

7 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Sunday's game will be really good. Can't wait to see how VCU handles Hield. 

He was 1-8 from the field in their semifinal Big XII loss and OU is 6-5 in their last 11 games.

I think VCU has a real chance.

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

He was 1-8 from the field in their semifinal Big XII loss and OU is 6-5 in their last 11 games.

I think VCU has a real chance.

Didn't realize that. I did watch them play Bakersfield and definitely thought they were beatable. My worry is less about OU and more about VCU. We have a propensity to hurt ourselves with poor shooting (3 pt and FT) or excessive fouling. If we play inside out and make the threes, we're really tough to beat since our defense and rebounding is pretty solid. Also worth noting that it's basically an OU home game given it's in OKC.

27 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Didn't realize that. I did watch them play Bakersfield and definitely thought they were beatable. My worry is less about OU and more about VCU. We have a propensity to hurt ourselves with poor shooting (3 pt and FT) or excessive fouling. If we play inside out and make the threes, we're really tough to beat since our defense and rebounding is pretty solid. Also worth noting that it's basically an OU home game given it's in OKC.

I think sperry could write the reverse.  I think OU is just worn down and that's why they've played less well lately (they're 7-4 in their last 11, 7-5 in their last 12 ;) Rhom wasn't counting their 1st round win), and tired legs lead to missed shots, which is pretty rough on a jump shooting team.  Should be a fun game though, because both teams seem to have a lot of fight in them.

Miami was taking it to WSU to start the game, but WSU seems like they've calmed down a bit.

What's the worst commercial they've played for the thousandth time over the past two days?  My vote goes to those "Hoopers" commercials (I think they're State Farm - pretty ineffective if I've seen it two million times and still don't know what is being advertised).

Archived