Harrison Ford to return as Dr. Jones...

Rhom

I watch most of the trilogy pretty much every christmas since they always seem to be on tv.

Raiders for me, is by far the best Indy movie it'd possibly be in my top 10 movies ever.

Last Crusade I'll always have a soft spot for since it was the first film I ever saw at the cinema and it's stlll a damn good movie. Less rewatch value than Raiders.

Temple of Doom was a decent movie, but poor compared to the other two. The blonde actress literally shrieks at the top of her lungs through every scene. The movie did have chilled monkey brains though!

Crystal Skull was a trainwreck. It was just a very bad movie and and an absolutely dreadful Indy movie. I can't think of a single positive thing to say about it, you'd have to tie me up and put matchsticks in my eyes to re-watch.

You remember... Poorly...

:lol:

Everytime I make a decision that turns out to be a good one, no matter how minor - usually more when it's minor - I say to myself "You chose...wisely."

Best line in the movie. Also love the part where it looked like Indy fell to his death. 

I say it's tied for best line with "No Tickets!" and "Pretty sure."

4 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I can't for the life of me understand how Spielberg allowed this to happen. Interviews I read suggested he put a lot of faith in Lucas' writing and just stopped arguing with him. A contrast to some of Lucas' earlier movies where I've read conversations between him and Spielberg where Lucas was put in his place about some of his ludicrous ideas.

I've actually heard (on the podcast I linked earlier, for one) that a lot of the excess was coming from Spielberg and that Lucas, of all people, was the one nixing Spielberg's ideas as too out-there.

3 hours ago, Fez said:

I look forward to there finally being a fourth Indiana Jones movie. Its been so long since Last Crusade came out.

You know this line is even more tired and old than I am, right? Highlander. Robocop. Indy. X-Men. Star Wars. But though it's old and tired like me, unlike me it doesn't improve with age and overuse. ;)

6 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

Thor and Dr. Jones!

Thor and Dr. Jones!

One plays with lightning, the other plays with bones!

My God... You may have stumbled onto something.

LucasFilm and Marvel are both Disney properties.  What if Indy goes looking for some lost Norse artifacts and then in the climax BOOM!!! Bifrost opens up and there's Chris Hemsworth?!!? :stunned: 

17 minutes ago, Rhom said:

My God... You may have stumbled onto something.

LucasFilm and Marvel are both Disney properties.  What if Indy goes looking for some lost Norse artifacts and then in the climax BOOM!!! Bifrost opens up and there's Chris Hemsworth?!!? :stunned: 

Then they'd have to give credit to The Big Bang Theory

How about old Indiana (Harrison Ford) on his deathbed recounting an adventure that his younger self had. The movie would be a series of flashbacks - similar to Rose in Titanic. Young Indiana never found the treasure.

The people he just told the story to have to finish the adventure.

11 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

I am in a wait and see.  It looks that Lucas is out which is a real positive.

Well as to that one of my first thoughts was that now in the South Park metaphor you can replace Lucas with the Mouse. (Bob Iger, if they want to do a real person) :P

6 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Well as to that one of my first thoughts was that now in the South Park metaphor you can replace Lucas with the Mouse. (Bob Iger, if they want to do a real person) :P

I was pleased with Star Wars: TFA.  Had a more positive coming out of that then I did with any of the Prequels.

I just do not see how much worse they could do then The Crystal Skull.  I do not have immense hate for it but it was a bad movie.

13 hours ago, Vels said:

How about old Indiana (Harrison Ford) on his deathbed recounting an adventure that his younger self had. The movie would be a series of flashbacks - similar to Rose in Titanic. Young Indiana never found the treasure.

The people he just told the story to have to finish the adventure.

I think that may be a useful device moving forwards. I think Disney's first indy film needs to have Ford doing stuff. He was still pretty active in Star Wars so I think they can make good use of him in a year's time still (unless he has another accident). Given people's (deserved) obession with diversity on screen I think it's a good thing to have an old person being active and adventouress. It may even stop people just going to waste after hitting retirement

Hate to be the one to ask, but ... what about Mutt? There's no way LaBoeuf is coming back, and no one will want him to, but Indy can't really disregard his family (so I guess Marion will have to be dealt with too). But how? A photograph on a desk and a throwaway reference like Crystal Skull did with Sean Connery?

Archived