Which character would make the best spouse for Sansa Stark?

TimJames

Sansa has the IQ of a pond slug, but she has a noble name.   A good match needs to be good for both parties.  Taking looks, smarts, and all that in mind, I think Shagga of the Mountain Clans would make a fine match for Sansa.  That's about what she deserves and he can at least provide protection.

54 minutes ago, Gabbie Roxas said:

Sansa has the IQ of a pond slug, but she has a noble name.   A good match needs to be good for both parties.  Taking looks, smarts, and all that in mind, I think Shagga of the Mountain Clans would make a fine match for Sansa.  That's about what she deserves and he can at least provide protection.

Sansa started the story as a twelve year old girl; one who until recently lived a very sheltered life. Did you expect her to be a master of political intrigue overnight?

Honestly, the fact that she didn't commit suicide the night her father was beheaded is testament to her perseverance. 

Garlan Tyrell does seem like an all around good guy, but if we're getting to change everything about this scenario to make this Sansa's perfect man (he can change ages/marriage status), then I'm going with Willas Tyrell except he is not crippled and looks exactly like Loras. Sansa would get everything she wants - Lady of one of the greatest noble houses in Westeros and her husband is gorgeous. 

23 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Edric Dayne is my pick too. Handsome, young, noble, courteous and smart with not a hint of malice inside of him.

Faegon, a younger Garlan Tyrell and Trystane Martell are my next picks.

Yeah. Plus he's not... I dunno. Artificial? He's been hanging with the Brotherhood, so he's probably been through a lot. I think he'd have an easier time relating to and respecting Sansa's experiences than most other people who would be suitable for her. 

22 minutes ago, giant snake said:

Willas Tyrell was the best option but of course GRRM was just creating that character so he can make us feel sad for one of our characters again.

Nah, he's already said that Willas and Garlan have big parts to play to the pint where he's in his top 5 characters that he wishes the show had not removed 

1 hour ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Nah, he's already said that Willas and Garlan have big parts to play to the pint where he's in his top 5 characters that he wishes the show had not removed 

That's good

to be honest I was afraid that removed characters had no role to play in upcoming books

The one she almost had..Willas Tyrell. He's from a great house, He'd likely treat her well, her 1st born son would be heir to Highgarden, (since they think her brothers are dead) her 2nd son would have a claim to Winterfell assuming its rid of its Bolton infestation, & with Margaery in KL she could become Olena's new protege.

Quentyn or Trystane Martell.  Both are age appropriate and neither seem like they'd be cruel or threatening to her  Plus she'd have a nice life in Dorne with less pressure on producing sons and not being the one needed to provide an heir. Although her fair skin might all melt off there, but you can't have it all.  Garlan Tyrell wouldn't be a bad choice either, he's got all the knightly qualities she wanted when she was younger. 

Archived