Person of Interest - Only 13 Episodes Left [SPOILERS]

lady narcissa

29 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

yes, Samaritan must limit the humping of the humans and will decide to install Robo-Chastity-Belts on All Dudes  (C.B.O.A.D.)      It is known.   That's not a spoiler, though.   Because every viewer sees that coming.   (Looks like we actually do need something to step in and do that to us, as we're not stopping the population explosion on our own.)

lots of waiting for the premiere, then lots of shooting in the episode.  so much shooting.   I was thinking the good guys were on the rebound now, but then I looked at the next episode title and it's SNAFU.   ....Uh-oh?

about that old deleted memory plotline

Hide contents

(with the machine's memories being typed back in every day by that data entry corporation)----- I believe that ended when the machine was "set free."   Root was angry about that and trying to set it free, and it looked like Finch was against her, but then at the end he revealed to her, "Sorry, I already did. [set it free].  He just couldn't talk to her or anyone about it cuz it was a secret op of his.  When Decima hit the machine with Finch's virus, they forced it to self-heal and re-write its programming (which Finch couldn't do cuz he'd locked everyone out, including himself).  So I think the AI can now choose to keep its memories, along with other adaptations, etc.  

Thanks for clearing up that plotline!

I get the impression that the samaritan folk are willing to do some culling as long as Samaritan tells them to do it (and doesn't select them). Like they want to dodge the responsibility of doing so.

Maybe Samaritan will ban Playstations?

17 hours ago, red snow said:

It was pretty scary to think 300 PS4s could run a supercomputer. That means we have the capacity for a lot more than two super AIs!

It was surprising how touching the scene was with the machine simply stating "If I have no memories how can i learn from my mistakes...how can i remember you". Again helped by emerson's acting.

The POI writers live tweet when the show airs and its fun to see what real life inspiration there are in each episode for various things like the playstations being used to create a supercomputer.  This was their inspiration for that:

http://phys.org/news/2010-12-air-playstation-3s-supercomputer.html

That flashback scene with Harold and the machine was fantastic.  I was really sad for it as he pushed the button and it all went away and then when Harold immediately changed his mind but it was too late...

Btw, [spoilers] has been added to the thread title so spoil away.

That flashback scene talking about the meaning of death...that really got me.  Wasn't expecting to be crying like that in the first episode of this season, they've really done an amazing job with the character.

I'm amazed that basically no one remembers the PS3 supercomputer thing and I'm seeing those links going round and everything like it's a big deal, or a new idea...I remember it happening after the PS3 came out so it just seemed perfectly reasonable and I never gave it a second thought.

2 hours ago, karaddin said:

That flashback scene talking about the meaning of death...that really got me.  Wasn't expecting to be crying like that in the first episode of this season, they've really done an amazing job with the character.

I'm amazed that basically no one remembers the PS3 supercomputer thing and I'm seeing those links going round and everything like it's a big deal, or a new idea...I remember it happening after the PS3 came out so it just seemed perfectly reasonable and I never gave it a second thought.

I'm wondering if they'll build on the definition later in the series by saying when people forget you - your'e truly dead too? I could see that fitting in with the show especially if Finch were to die but the machine had "uploaded him". I often wonder how much the machine actually is Finch given this episode's "she is a reflection of you" comment and the fact it isn't batshit crazy (or rational?) Samaritan is.

The PS3 thing must have completely passed me by - must have been something I'd have to click on the tech section of BBC website that day.

20 hours ago, red snow said:

I'm wondering if they'll build on the definition later in the series by saying when people forget you - your'e truly dead too? I could see that fitting in with the show especially if Finch were to die but the machine had "uploaded him". I often wonder how much the machine actually is Finch given this episode's "she is a reflection of you" comment and the fact it isn't batshit crazy (or rational?) Samaritan is.

The PS3 thing must have completely passed me by - must have been something I'd have to click on the tech section of BBC website that day.

The overwhelming weight of evidence is that I'm the outlier on the PS3 thing, not you :P

I think the final season has started off strong. W/ its track record I am really hoping for a great season and final ep.

I think its funny as hell that its season prem, drew more then Limitless season final ep. No disrespect for Limitless, which I often enjoy, even thou I hated the movie.

Emerson showed his acting skills by perfectly capturing the other characters when the machine was getting mixed up. Acker came a strong second - especially with her take on Finch.

The rest of the episode was ok. I liked the idea that the machine was having to learn to trust these people and that there was finally a reaction from it regarding its deletions by Finch.

• 2 weeks later...

Decent episode. They are balancing number of the week with overall plot quite well. Ever since Samaritan turned up I've thought the end game was for the AIs to produce a child - now I'm pretty convinced the Machine can only win by merging its code with Samaritan to make a new and hopefully benevolent 3rd entity. So it's still a bit like them having a child but both AIs must die in order for it to occur. I think that's why they are drumming home the machine cannot beat Samaritan but it could become it.

I really liked last night's episode, especially Elias at the end.  I thought Fusco had already figured out what was giving them the info, they just hadn't read him in on the details?  

I didn't like Monday's episode as much.  It was evident what was happening pretty early on, and that took all of the tension out of it.  But I did like that they weren't able to break her, and the way that paralleled with Samaritan not being broken by The Machine in those simulations.  So the AI's aren't all powerful (yet).

Different people are alert to different things in shows, there are a huge number of things that people miss in other shows that leave me scratching my head at how they could have missed it but I bought into the simulation because there was enough redirection going on.  I knew *something* was up, I just hadn't picked what it was.  Probably helps that my brain is in as bad a state as Shaw's right now though haha.  Regardless, for me the episode was amazing and as statements of 'I'm in love' go, blowing your brains out 6742 times over after telling them that they were your safe place, but it's not working any more so you have to make them safe has to be right up there.  I'd like to see how homophobes handwave that episode away to say she's really in love with Reese haha.

good thing i realised I'd missed an episode. It was quite good but pretty clear it was a VR situation (although I guess I can't discount the fact I'd seen the next episode first and that bisased me).

Those of you that don't automatically record the show with your DVR probably need to be aware that next week we are getting three new episodes.

ETA: Here's the schedule for the remainder of the season.

"A More Perfect Union" May 23

"QSO May 24

"Reassortment" May 24

"Sotto Voce" May 30

"The Day the World Went Away" May 31

"Synecdoche" June 7

".exe" June 14,

"Return 0"June 21

22 hours ago, karaddin said:

Different people are alert to different things in shows, there are a huge number of things that people miss in other shows that leave me scratching my head at how they could have missed it but I bought into the simulation because there was enough redirection going on.  I knew *something* was up, I just hadn't picked what it was.  Probably helps that my brain is in as bad a state as Shaw's right now though haha.  Regardless, for me the episode was amazing and as statements of 'I'm in love' go, blowing your brains out 6742 times over after telling them that they were your safe place, but it's not working any more so you have to make them safe has to be right up there.  I'd like to see how homophobes handwave that episode away to say she's really in love with Reese haha.

Same with me. I knew something was up, just didn't know what. Didn't really think too hard about it to be fair, just went with the ride and really enjoyed the episode. Probably my favorite so far.

Regarding Shaw's episode...things struck me as not real when she was in that drug store, blacked out and then had those solid red hands with no blood anywhere else on her which made no sense.  But I think I realized it was a simulation when Reese was shot.  Major characters might die in this last season but I couldn't imagine it would be that early.  And it reminded me of the last time we saw him *die* on the show.

It was interesting to have Elias return.  Although I had seen his name listed as appearing in a couple of upcoming episodes I was thinking it was going to be flashbacks.  So it was a surprise to find him alive.  Wonder what his purpose will be.

12 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

the show had a good week.    you could say nothing happened in the Shahi episode, but that'd be a lie because it was proof she's still alive, and it was a major event in our household.   then the other ep showed that things are getting nutty as the final battle looms.

it also allows them to test the water with Shaw and Root hooking up. Although I get the impression people are only outraged when it's men physically falling in love?

The number guy who is working for Samaritan looks familiar but I can't peg him outside this show.

Archived