Joff makes a mistake and Stannis doesn't

Ser Danyel Mortimer

In the scene with Stannis and Davos they discuss allying with Robb and Lisa Arryn, could Davos have convinced Stannis to do so if Sylse and the Red Woman hadn't arrived?

In the scene on his birthday Joff wants to have Ser Dontos and the other torney riders killed, given that the Redwyne twins are among themn how bad would it be if he did?

2 hours ago, Ser Danyel Mortimer said:

In the scene with Stannis and Davos they discuss allying with Robb and Lisa Arryn, could Davos have convinced Stannis to do so if Sylse and the Red Woman hadn't arrived?

In the scene on his birthday Joff wants to have Ser Dontos and the other torney riders killed, given that the Redwyne twins are among themn how bad would it be if he did?

1.I dont think so, the more I know Stannis more I think this wouldnt never happen. He considers these people traitors because they dont support his 'right' claim to the throne.

2.Would be an utter nonsense almost on a killing-Ned-Stark-level IMO.Dont forget that House  Redwyne  has the biggest fleet in whole Westeros (with Iron fleet), that would be a catastrophe to make them an enemy.

1. I think he might have allied with Lisa based on what he says in the scene in question, He was willing to consider sending Shireen to the Vale until his wife deliberately played on his pride.

2. I would actually say killing the twins would be stupider than killing Ned Stark particularly in hindsight, not only do they have huge numbers of men they are not already enemies whereas the Starks were.

Archived