Acrophobia #22 -- Words to votes

a free shadow

First:  #5 She. Undoubtedly. Now.  (I think this gets across the feminist perspective associated with Arianne's story, possibly the only one to achieve that level of depth in such few words)

Second:  #13. Sun up - now!   (Simple but clever)

Third:  #2. Swear undying naughtiness   (Very funny and very fitting)

Fourth:  #7. South Uniting North.   (Solid)

Thanks for the heads-up, shadow! I nearly forgot.

1st  13. Sun up - now!

2nd  5. She.

Undoubtedly.

Now.

3rd  4. Shine, Unite, Negotiate

4th  9. Sun Unifies Nation!

All of the entries are better than mine this round, so congratulations to everyone who managed to make the most of the present acronym and candidate - I found it a very difficult combination. Or maybe I'm just a hopeless Northerner (long live Mance Rayder! :D).

So sorry. I was out a good share of the day.

1. 1. Sun undoes Night!  Not sure how she'd do it, but Arianne defeating the Others would be pretty awesome.

2. 2. Swear undying naughtiness. I think maybe the Others and Ironborn could get behind this one with the "undying part" and that would absolutely swing the election her way.

3. 13. Sun up - now! I like how this is understated but still sends a great message not only for Arianne and House Martell but also the coming War for the Dawn 2.0.

4. 3. Support Unbowed Noblewoman!  Great use of a Martell house word. Wish I'd managed to do as much.

A great big, flashing red and gold Honorable Mention to Clue 5 which may be the best clue I haven't voted for...and that's only because while I find it awesome and a powerful use of three words, it could easily be used by any other woman/girl running for queen. I tip my hat to the author because it really is probably the best entry of the whole game. 

5 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

There are no other women running, for the record.

Arianne isn't really running either though.  She wants to be Princess of Dorne when we meet her. She's never put in a bid for the Iron Throne for herself. Even as Aegon's consort she would not rule Westeros. This doesn't mean she wouldn't make a fantastic Queen Regnant, but it opens up the idea of the clue working for other female candidates like Daenerys, Myrcella, Cersei (in her delusions at least) or even Margaery. 

Everybody had more than a fair chance to vote, and the results are done :ninja:

1. Sun undoes Night! (yomi) 1+1+1+1+1+3+2+3+1 = 14

2. Swear undying naughtiness. (Julia H.) 1+1+1+2 = 5

3. Support Unbowed Noblewoman! (rocksniffer) 1+1+1+2+2+1+3+1 = 12

4. Shine, Unite, Negotiate (Dolorous Gabe)1+1+2+3+1 = 8

5. She.

Undoubtedly.

Now. (Ser Not Appearing) 1+1+3+3+2+1 = 11

6. Sunspear's Upbeat Newcomer! (Fragile Bird) 1+3+1 = 5

7. South Uniting North.(Emmit) 1+1+3+1+1+3+1+1 = 12

8. Sunspear - Undeniably Nurturing (lil' ghost) 1+1+1 = 3

9. Sun Unifies Nation! (Night's Queen) 1+1+2+2+1+3+1+1 = 12

10. Straightforward unto naughtiness (PyroclasticFlow) 1 

11. Support uncorrupted nymph! (LadyBlizzardborn) 1+1+1+1+2 = 6

12. She'll Unify Nations! (Howlin' Howland) 1+1+1+1 = 4

13. Sun up - now! (Castellan) 1+1+1+2+3+1 = 9

The round was won by yomi, who also gets three hundred votes from the host. 

The game was won by Julia H., without getting any points from the host :ninja: 

Hot Pie's pies for everyone!

Final standings:

Julia H.  66+5 = 71

2. Fragile Bird  63+5 = 68

3-4. Ser Not Appearing 46+11 = 57

3-4. rocksniffer  45+12 = 57

5. Emmit  42+12 = 54

6. Night's Queen 38+12 = 50

7. Castellan  30+9 = 39

8-10. Howlin' Howland  33+4 = 37

8-10. Dolorous Gabe  29+8 = 37

8-10. yomi  23+14 = 37

11. Lady Blizzardborn 21+6 = 27

10. PyroclasticFlow  25+1 = 26

13. lil' ghost  18+3 = 21

If you would like to vote for the best words in the game:

Balon Greyjoy: Building on forged iron dreams!

Renly Baratheon: One land! Back Westeros's authentic king!

Stannis Baratheon: I, Barathon: A Fair Guy

Mance Rayder: Choose Our Spring Dream

Arianne Martell: Sun undoes Night!

... :ninja:

Congratulations everyone, for winning, coming close, enjoying the game, achieving a personal best, sticking in the game...

I started at 6-7 and finished at 7. Apparently I am consistent.

On 4/20/2016 at 6:27 PM, Ser Not Appearing said:

I have something to say but will wait. 

She.

Undoubtedly.

Now.

.... written as such with enlarged or colored differently letters spelling SUN and placed on a poster with her campaign logo isn't just a pretty solid entry, it's exactly the type of yard sign you see actual politicians use. In this game where all other competitors were men, it is (imo) inescapably the single most realistic and compelling entry of the game. Few of our other creations really work as campaign slogans. I would run a campaign on this one. Rarely is there such a stark difference between my idea of a good entry and the community's idea of an entry - which is actually one of the things I like about this game... grumblings aside. I'm rather shocked it wasn't an overwhelming favorite.

10 hours ago, a free shadow said:

The game was won by Julia H. ...

That was truly unexpected. Luck is a great factor in this game. Thanks for all the votes my entries got during the game, including the ones my poor Arianne entry (amazingly) received! 

17 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

2. 2. Swear undying naughtiness. I think maybe the Others and Ironborn could get behind this one with the "undying part" and that would absolutely swing the election her way.

Special thanks to Lady B. for finding the hidden, deep significance of those words. :D

10 hours ago, a free shadow said:

If you would like to vote for the best words in the game:

Balon Greyjoy: Building on forged iron dreams!

Renly Baratheon: One land! Back Westeros's authentic king!

Stannis Baratheon: I, Barathon: A Fair Guy

Mance Rayder: Choose Our Spring Dream

Arianne Martell: Sun undoes Night!

... :ninja:

1st  Stannis

2nd  Balon

3rd  Arianne

Does that mean we are also voting on which candidate will win the elections? 

Speaking of candidates... Do we have a candidate for hosting the next game? I have never hosted Acrophobia yet and I would like to try it. My idea is that the players will compose prophecies for different characters (preferably short and cryptic ones). I don't know if you have done anything similar yet. What do you think? Would you be interested? I'm open to other ideas, of course. 

Julia, I hosted a version named "you are the prophesier" which was based on that concept. I'm sure you could do a second version of it using different characters or a different variation on it. Can't quite recall which characters I used off the top of my head.

what about a game that was not prophecies but predictions. i.e. we do not give Bran hints about towers trees and ravens, we predict, in prophetic manner, what his fate is after ADWD?

Archived