If Jon Snow had Targaryan hair, how would Ned Stark cover it up?

jontargaryan

The Targs had been in Westeros for centuries and they were hardly saints. There must be plenty of small folk who share their blood, especially inside the crownlands. 

Robert cant really complain If Eddard told him that he had sex with a girl who turned out to have Targ blood in her. After all Robert had Targ blood himself

On 23/03/2016 at 2:49 AM, Beautiful Bloody Sword said:

Lots of dark hair die and duct tape for the mouths of all who are around him on a fairly regular basis. 

Cool sunglasses for everyone who enters Winterfell that makes everything look psychedelic. 

Foster him in Lys, very young.

Powder him up and call him an albino.

shave his hair. That trick worked well with Duncan the tall

Of the major houses we know tully is stronger than stark (4 to 1); if r+l=j than stark is as strong as or stronger than targaryen, targaryen is as strong as martell (see rhaenys and aegon) and is as strong or stronger than baratheon (see Jocelyn baratheon)  and baratheon is stronger than lannister and florent and extending and small folk and all blonds. (Lannister also appears weaker genes than the "black"Hoares)  Of course, if sweet robin is legitimate than red tully and blond arryn equals a brunette.

• 2 weeks later...

...The really sad part is, I've actually considered writing a fanfic about this. I'm not because I KNOW it would transform into a sprawling monster and I'd be stuck writing it for years, but I still like going through the scenes and whatnot in my head.

Hair dye. He'd find someone who knew how to make dark hair dye (do you think Howland Reed would know? or maybe a maester somewhere) and either learn how to make it himself or teach it to Maester Luwin, who would think that Ned was going gray early and didn't want to look all old. The trouble would come when he's called away for the Greyjoy Rebellion, because then he'd have to explain to someone (probably Cat and/or Luwin) why they needed to dye Jon's hair. As to what he'd tell Jon, he'd claim that the dye is a flea repellant and that everyone in Winterfell has it, there is nothing unusual here, nope. Then Jon would hit puberty and Ned would sort of have to come clean.

Archived