Jon Snow. Dead or alive??

JonSnow81

14 hours ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

I hope he's really dead and stays dead. That would blow everyone's minds, since everyone is so sure he's coming back. Hehe. 

And no, no one can tell you for sure because it was left as a cliffhanger in both the book and show. 

If he dies like that without answering key questions it's a bad storytelling. If his purpose was to let wildlings through the Wall and making mess of NW. Then good luck to George and D&D to convince fans of anything.

Thanks guys for clarifying this to me. I have all the books at home and I am currently reading book 2. I've watched almost (2 episodes to go) all of the 5 seasons on dvd. Jon Snow is my favourite character and I am not looking forward to him getting killed off. 

What is it though with George Martin killing off every decent person and letting the evil ones survive. The Starks were harshly dealt with. And even to the point the Beratheons. Why is it that the Lannisters, Boltons and the Freys still live. I just don't know.

And to kill off one of the most popular characters of the show. What is with that?

2 hours ago, JonSnow81 said:

Thanks guys for clarifying this to me. I have all the books at home and I am currently reading book 2. I've watched almost (2 episodes to go) all of the 5 seasons on dvd. Jon Snow is my favourite character and I am not looking forward to him getting killed off. 

What is it though with George Martin killing off every decent person and letting the evil ones survive. The Starks were harshly dealt with. And even to the point the Beratheons. Why is it that the Lannisters, Boltons and the Freys still live. I just don't know.

And to kill off one of the most popular characters of the show. What is with that?

The Lannisters are many but the main branch seems doomed. The Freys tend to eat their own sort of speak and the Boltons are doomed sooner than the others. Fear not.

I thought that the whole book series was based around Daenaerys Targaryan and Jon Snow. It would of been extremely interesting to see how the Lannisters, Targaryan's and the rest of Westeros react to the news of Jon Snow being the son of Llyana Stark and Raegor Targaryan ( I think that's his name).

On 25/03/2016 at 11:47 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

If he dies like that without answering key questions it's a bad storytelling. If his purpose was to let wildlings through the Wall and making mess of NW. Then good luck to George and D&D to convince fans of anything.

No idea how the show will handle it, but Martin has said that not only readers will learn Jon's parentage, but that Jon himself will. 

18 hours ago, JonSnow81 said:

If you are just know thinking of this you have been reading the wrong books!!! GRRM kills anyone you like! Book 1 shows Ned as the lead role, makes it seem like he is the hero, until his head is chopped off. Then Robb and Dany take more of center stage. Well, then the whole Red Wedding thing happens and Robb loses his head. And the time lost in by Dany in slavers bay. Then Jon stands tall at the Wall, until he dies*.

20 hours ago, JonSnow81 said:

Not every Stark is dead. The more important are still there. It will take time, but for sure all the bad ones are doomed: Cersei, the Boltons, the Freys ...

I was just looking forward to Jon becoming a bigger or how would I say it. A more important role to the show and not just George building a character up and then killing them off. I was hoping Jon would find a way to avenge his brother and his so called father's life ( even though they are not his true father and brother). But either way they are his family. It's just a really silly storyline that he would be killed by his own men. Especially by Allastair Thorne. We all new he had it in for Jon since day 1 and Jon knew this. But he failed himself the minute he thought he could control Thorne by keeping him close at Castle Black and not sending him away.

25 minutes ago, JonSnow81 said:

I was just looking forward to Jon becoming a bigger or how would I say it. A more important role to the show and not just George building a character up and then killing them off. I was hoping Jon would find a way to avenge his brother and his so called father's life ( even though they are not his true father and brother). But either way they are his family. It's just a really silly storyline that he would be killed by his own men. Especially by Allastair Thorne. We all new he had it in for Jon since day 1 and Jon knew this. But he failed himself the minute he thought he could control Thorne by keeping him close at Castle Black and not sending him away.

22 hours ago, JonSnow81 said:

For Jon to leave the Night's Watch, he needs to die in order to get back in the northern rally. And George actually builds up well on the reasoning for Jon's death instead of killing him for shock factor or no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, JonSnow81 said:

Keep reading!!! 

Archived