NHL 2015-16: We finally needed a new thread!

Joe Pesci

Assuming the Oilers have not learnt and still pick according to scouting rankings instead of needs...

If they have half a brain, they would pass on Matthews and go for Chychrun, just to address their blue line woes. But since we are talking about Edmonton, AM will most definately wind up as #1 overall in Edmonton.

Pens looking solid.  Rangers have had our number in the playoffs in recent years, but we've taken the last 3 regular season meetings.  A sign of hope, at least.  I can't say enough good things about Sullivan.  The number of 4+ goal games we've had under him has been refreshing.  Johnston wanted to win 2-1 every game.  We have better talent than 2-1.  Nice to see us lighting the lamp.

Hot dogs for Phil Kessel :D

17 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Pens looking solid.  Rangers have had our number in the playoffs in recent years, but we've taken the last 3 regular season meetings.  A sign of hope, at least.  I can't say enough good things about Sullivan.  The number of 4+ goal games we've had under him has been refreshing.  Johnston wanted to win 2-1 every game.  We have better talent than 2-1.  Nice to see us lighting the lamp.

They've been very impressive as of late knocking off some good teams in dominant fashion. Too many guys getting dinged up though, they need Dumoulin, Maata and Kunitz healthy for the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

They've been very impressive as of late knocking off some good teams in dominant fashion. Too many guys getting dinged up though, they need Dumoulin, Maata and Kunitz healthy for the playoffs.

Yeah I'd like to see the d stay healthy (the whole team, for that matter). Dumoulin has been a solid player for us, and Maata has his flashes.  I hope Maata doesn't turn out to be an injury prone player.  The shoulder and cancer was bad luck, but any more injuries for him and I'm gonna start to look at it as a trend.

4 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Quite possible they are peaking at the right time.

I was at the game Saturday in Detroit.  We had a great time.  Fun arena, great crowd, even to outsiders wearing pens gear....

52 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Quite possible they are peaking at the right time.

I was at the game Saturday in Detroit.  We had a great time.  Fun arena, great crowd, even to outsiders wearing pens gear....

What a game to go to!  Glad to hear you had a good time.  I've never been to an away game to see my home team.  I would imagine wearing the home team gear could be a bit risky depending on where it is.  

3 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

What a game to go to!  Glad to hear you had a good time.  I've never been to an away game to see my home team.  I would imagine wearing the home team gear could be a bit risky depending on where it is.  

Yeah, definitely depends on the arena.

i was a little concerned because, well, it's Detroit.

But we had a great time, not just at the game, but the trip in general.

2 hours ago, Swordfish said:

Yeah, definitely depends on the arena.

i was a little concerned because, well, it's Detroit.

But we had a great time, not just at the game, but the trip in general.

Yeah arena plays an impact.  i wouldn't wear my colors to Philly, that's for sure.

Looks like the Red Wings and Flyers will be the only battle for a wild card spot this year.  Avs won tonight and could make a push, but I don't see it happening when they have Duchene and Mackinnon on the shelf.

On 3/24/2016 at 7:34 PM, Joe Pesci said:

Beau Bennett making his presence felt on his return, taking a shit penalty which the Devils promptly scored on. But hey, he may make it through an entire period.

I'm trying to get off work to go to the next Caps/Pens game down in DC.  Pens gear there could be really fun, even if the Caps have clinched it.  

e:  And again, being a Penguin just means you become injury-prone.  I think Sullivan's secretly a blood mage.  The Penguins, for years, have always had the "what if they were healthy at the same time??" question running.  Right nowthey're okay, but their defensive lines are dire with Maata and Dumoulin out. Given how Kessel has finally kicked it into high gear, I wonder if he might actually play better on his own instead of being with Malkin.  Kessel/Hagelin is a really dangerous pairing so far.  

16 hours ago, MerenthaClone said:

I'm trying to get off work to go to the next Caps/Pens game down in DC.  Pens gear there could be really fun, even if the Caps have clinched it.  

e:  And again, being a Penguin just means you become injury-prone.  I think Sullivan's secretly a blood mage.  The Penguins, for years, have always had the "what if they were healthy at the same time??" question running.  Right nowthey're okay, but their defensive lines are dire with Maata and Dumoulin out. Given how Kessel has finally kicked it into high gear, I wonder if he might actually play better on his own instead of being with Malkin.  Kessel/Hagelin is a really dangerous pairing so far.  

Kessel has always been a late season performer.  Hard to say why..... 

Virtually everyone is better with Malkin though, traditionally.  He's just that style of player.

The defense has started moving the puck well.  I think that's really the big difference.

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

What a fucking period!! 4 goals!!

I turned it off when it got to 3-0, checked back right in time for when they scored the two shorties. Big comeback win tonight, Pens are becoming a very resilient team at the right time too.

7 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I turned it off when it got to 3-0, checked back right in time for when they scored the two shorties. Big comeback win tonight, Pens are becoming a very resilient team at the right time too.

Ohhh Pesci you went MIA when we went down?!?!  Har! Just kidding but we really are becoming resilient.  Very reminiscent of when no deficit would be too much for us.  It feels like that was a long time ago.

On 2016-03-29 at 4:48 AM, l2 0 5 5 said:

Looks like the Red Wings and Flyers will be the only battle for a wild card spot this year.  Avs won tonight and could make a push, but I don't see it happening when they have Duchene and Mackinnon on the shelf.

The Bruins have lost six of their latest seven games, so I wouldn't be so quick in assuming they'll make the playoffs. So aside for the fight for that final wild card spot, I think there's a fight for third place in the Atlantic Division.

And a fight for the first place in the Atlantic Division.

This one looks like it will won't be decided before the Play Offs starts.

Also in the West the top spots in both divisions looks pretty intense.

And don't forget the race for Matthews at the bottom. I am surprised the Leafs are still able to win a game every once in a while.

Archived