NHL 2015-16: We finally needed a new thread!

Joe Pesci

3 minutes ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

Penguins-Caps. That's all I want in the second round. Caps are doing their part, now Pittsburgh better step up. 

I really don't want to see Rags-Caps for the 1649920742875th time. 

Agreed completely and I think Pitt would give the Caps more trouble than the Rangers would. Rooting for the Penguins heavily. 

5 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Game 4 of Caps-Flyers is a must win for both teams.  For the Flyers, a loss means they are eliminated.  For the Caps, a loss ties the series at 3-1. 

hahaha!!

Friggin quote feature....  I'd like to see that matchup as well.  but You have to be leary about it if you're a caps fan.  I know history doesn't matter, blah blah blah...  But...

5 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Agreed completely and I think Pitt would give the Caps more trouble than the Rangers would. Rooting for the Penguins heavily. 

Good god did we need that goal. Crosby is so good on the goal crease. I'm about done with Ian Cole. That slow bastard is gonna kill us. I would also like to express my hatred of the Flaming Hobbit Mats Zuca whatever the fuck his name is. He's a tough little bastard when someone is lying on the ice. Second someone touches him and his cronies come falling in. I hope someone puts him on his ass before night's end. 

Also, glad to see Murray step up between him and Fleury. Swear those two were acting like 2 boys at the school dance and a girl asks them to dance and they're both scared, but they know they gotta accept the offer or come off like a huge dolt. What's Fleury's deal? Too busy making UPMC commercials to sack up. He and Crosby are the only two schmohawks that'll take off a month for a concussion.

Huge win. I was pretty nervous throughout the whole first half of the game. Strong 3rd period finish by the Pens. I'd keep rolling with Murray from here out. He didn't miss a beat tonight.

Time to watch the end of this Wings/Lightning game (wow I love watching these 2 teams go at it), and then finally catch a game from the Ducks/Preds series.

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Good god did we need that goal. Crosby is so good on the goal crease. I'm about done with Ian Cole. That slow bastard is gonna kill us. I would also like to express my hatred of the Flaming Hobbit Mats Zuca whatever the fuck his name is. He's a tough little bastard when someone is lying on the ice. Second someone touches him and his cronies come falling in. I hope someone puts him on his ass before night's end. 

Also, glad to see Murray step up between him and Fleury. Swear those two were acting like 2 boys at the school dance and a girl asks them to dance and they're both scared, but they know they gotta accept the offer or come off like a huge dolt. What's Fleury's deal? Too busy making UPMC commercials to sack up. He and Crosby are the only two schmohawks that'll take off a month for a concussion.

Yo man, concussions are huge delas and I'd much rather have someone heal fully than come back a tiny bit early and get another,  worse one.  They take a while to heal and have a ton of residual effects.  Let 'em rest, it's a good example.

4 minutes ago, MerenthaClone said:

Yo man, concussions are huge delas and I'd much rather have someone heal fully than come back a tiny bit early and get another,  worse one.  They take a while to heal and have a ton of residual effects.  Let 'em rest, it's a good example.

What does that even mean?

Well, knew the Ducks would come out like this tonight just didn't think we would be that bad. On to game four. Going to have to be much better, hope we don't throw away all that work we did in Anaheim.  

Really enjoyed what I saw of the eastern conference games tonight at least. 

I wouldn't worry too much Mark. Haven't the Preds lost like twice in reg at home in the last few weeks? I'd be surprised if we see a repeat of this performance on Thursday.

Of course the Preds played much better in 1+2, but I just think Andersen is the answer for the Ducks in net this year. He's just been way more consistent and the Ducks seem to play a better defensive game in front of him for whatever reason. 

And in other news, Shaw is a shithead. Bad interference penalty, flips off the refs and throws homophobic slurs at them, and then tries to pull goon squad stuff at the end of the game. He and Keith are extremely sore losers and it makes me glad the Hawks are down 3-1. I hope the Blues don't fuck this up...

8 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

What does that even mean?

I hate the idea that concussions should be  powered through and think that the more professional athletes take them seriously, the more young kids will too, and that's good for everyone going forward.  I'd like to see the league and teams do more with them too, and stars resting well after them instead of rushing back helps that too.

In other news, the Blues look like they've found their stride in a dominating fashion.  

17 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Yeah Cole is extra bad tonight, give him a seat and play Schultz or Pouliot in game 4.

Pens really need to win this one, Lundqvist is getting close to series stealing level of play.

I think it's that pairing that's bad.  i would actually sit Lovejoy and put Schultz back in there.  Part of what made this team good was the ability of one  defensemen from each of those pairings to move the puck.  Adding Lovejoy into the mix instead of schultz negates that, and I think it shows, even in the way the forwards are playing.  

I don't understand why the coach is allowed to challenge a goal after the officials already reviewed it. What a way to slow the game down!! And yes, I think that could be a strategy for a coach to slow the tempo down for a team with momentum. Either or, it's stupid. The ref reviewed the play. It's either a goal or no goal. I don't see what a coach's challenge is going to prove after that. This is such a fast space game and now this enables it to be slowed down and I can't stand that.

14 hours ago, MerenthaClone said:

I hate the idea that concussions should be  powered through and think that the more professional athletes take them seriously, the more young kids will too, and that's good for everyone going forward.  I'd like to see the league and teams do more with them too, and stars resting well after them instead of rushing back helps that too.

In other news, the Blues look like they've found their stride in a dominating fashion.  

Let the parents worry about setting examples for their kids. Fleury has been out for almost a month. Time to come back and play. 

I hear guys like Primeau, Deadmarsh and Lindros struggle in their daily lives after careers filled with undiagnosed concussions. Primeau I believe just recently recovered from post concussion syndrome. 

Teams rest guys these days until they are absolutely sure they're symptom free. If it means players don't end up like the above 3 examples, then by all means rest the guys as long as necessary. It's partly for the well-being of the players, but also so the league can avoid an avalanche of future lawsuits. 

Besides, you guys have Murray, who appears more than capable of carrying the load. I wouldn't be worried with him between the pipes. 

Archived