NHL 2015-16: We finally needed a new thread!

Joe Pesci

14 hours ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

You had one job, St Louis. ONE JOB :(

Anyways, game 7 might be a bit entertaining, as we might see just how much the Blues will implode. The eventual result (a CHI win) is absolutely not in doubt in my mind.  

That game was basically the the Blues-iest thing.  Blues' fans' fatalism makes so much sense right now.  You poor bastards, I hope you get something good your way tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic about it.  

22 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I have an apology to make to the Sharks. They did not choke, but swallowed the Kings whole with no issues. Good for them. I like watching them play.

I hope the Preds can make it out of this round. Johansen and Neal line need to get going.

It must feel good for them to exorcise their playoff demons like that; it felt good for me as a fan. I also hope the Preds can win their series, but I'm not holding my breath.

4 hours ago, Bonesy said:

Heartbreaking loss for the Wild. Bravo for the effort.

Yeah what an ending. I walked away from the game after the 2nd period and got an alert on my phone that said the Stars held off the Wild to win the series. I was pretty confused about "held off", and was blown away when I saw the highlights. Good effort. Seems like they're always a few players away from having a solid team.

Great goal by John Tavares to win the series in double OT. I can't help but think if he played for that other NY team he'd be a much bigger star.

I picked the Panthers in that series, but I'm fine being wrong on that one. 23 years without winning a playoff series is a long time. Good for the Isles. 

6 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Great goal by John Tavares to win the series in double OT. I can't help but think if he played for that other NY team he'd be a much bigger star.

I picked the Panthers in that series, but I'm fine being wrong on that one. 23 years without winning a playoff series is a long time. Good for the Isles. 

Yeah, my stress level was off the charts watching it.  That game was all Greiss and Tavares.  Last time they won a play-off series, I was listening to the game on a Fisher-Price radio.  It was nicer getting to watch it this time.

I felt like minus Stamkos, the Islanders actually match up better against the Lightning than they did against the Panthers.  Even so, I think it's pretty even, the Islanders need someone not named Greiss or Tavares to step up their game though, or I think the Lightning end up taking it.

Now that there are no O6 teams and the Kings, I'm not really rooting against anyone. This is a weird spot to be in. Although I'd really like Ovi to lift the cup this year. That would be one of the all time great sports moments. 

Edit: because of this fucky scheduling, with round 2 starting before the end of 1, I'll just throw out my round 2 picks. Overall I have no idea how this round's gonna go. Went 6/7 for the first round (pending the Preds series). I'll just pick for either ducks or Preds winning. 

Ducks over Sharks in 6

Sharks over Preds in 7

St Louis over Dallas in 5 - Stars have the offense, but StL might be on a big time roll. 

Caps over Penguins in 7

Lightning over Isles in 7 - I think this one will surprise and be a fantastic series. 

Archived