NHL 2015-16: We finally needed a new thread!

Joe Pesci

2 hours ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

Now that there are no O6 teams and the Kings, I'm not really rooting against anyone. This is a weird spot to be in. Although I'd really like Ovi to lift the cup this year. That would be one of the all time great sports moments. 

Edit: because of this fucky scheduling, with round 2 starting before the end of 1, I'll just throw out my round 2 picks. Overall I have no idea how this round's gonna go. Went 6/7 for the first round (pending the Preds series)

Ducks over Sharks in 6

Sharks over Preds in 7

St Louis over Dallas in 5 - Stars have the offense, but StL might be on a big time roll. 

Caps over Penguins in 7

Lightning over Isles in 7 - I think this one will surprise and be a fantastic series. 

The NHL is really screwing the Sharks here. Two playoff series at the same time is a bit harsh.

Round 2s, then!

StL over Dallas in 5.  Tarasenko's going to clown all over Lehtonen even with 15m ice-time  and I think Elliot and the defense can hold off the Stars' killer offense.  

Sharks over Ducks in 7, Sharks over Preds in 6.  I'll admit that this is mostly hope.  I just want the Sharks to get into the WCF, okay?

Tampa over NYI in...7.  I guess.  

Pens over Caps in 6, but they'll be amazing games.  

3 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I'm rooting for the Caps. Ovechkin deserves a Cup.

If the Isles get eliminated, than I'm fully aboard the Ovechkin bandwagon with the Stars as my west team.

I've got Dallas over Stl in 7. I think who ever wins here is the team that will come out in the west. If Tarasenko plays better, I might actually give this to the Blues.

Sharks over Preds in 6. Ducks over Sharks in 7.

Caps over Pens in 6. Wishful thinking maybe. Pens are pretty hot, and the Caps didn't seem that invincible in round 1.

Isles over Lightning in 7. Maybe I'm just a homer, but I think we could win this. The Lightning aren't as good as they were last season, and they've got a couple of key injuries. Even if Stamkos returns, I honestly dont see him as being as big of a threat as Kucherov is at the moment. Then again, our coach is garbage, so we'll probably lose.

I didn't realize the Isles and Bolts were starting before the 1st round was even over. Weird. I guess I'll cheat a little bit with my picks. :P

Isles over Bolts in 6

Penguins over Caps in 7 (hope I'm wrong)

Blues over Stars in 7

Sharks over Preds/Ducks in 7/6

4 minutes ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

This is actually crazy. Ducks are allergic to game 7s. If they don't turn it around, is Boudreau gone? 4 straight years of losing a game 7 at home can't be good for the ol' job security. 

1 & 6 in game 7's? Oof madon.

31 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I didn't realize the Isles and Bolts were starting before the 1st round was even over. Weird. I guess I'll cheat a little bit with my picks. :P

Isles over Bolts in 6

Penguins over Caps in 7 (hope I'm wrong)

Blues over Stars in 7

Sharks over Preds/Ducks in 7/6

I think it's the first time that has happened since 1983. I could be wrong though. 

If Stamkos comes back this round (which I doubt), they might beat the Islanders, but they just seem to be on a role. Greiss has been amazing for them this playoffs. He's been the most impressive goalie this playoffs so far. 

3 minutes ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

Stralman is a possibility in this round, and that may shift things to Tampa's way if he can contribute. Stammer is still pretty unlikely I'd think. 

Is he? I wasn't sure if Stralman was a possibility or not. I didn't hear much about him. Yea, Stammer is still not ready even though he skated. Either one of those two coming back this round would help them out, but even with one of them I still don't know if they beat the Islanders. 

Just now, Nictarion said:

Stamkos is out until at least around the times of the finals isn't he? Didn't think there was any chance he'd be ready before that.

I just read that he isn't close to returning even though he did skate. I only saw that he skated and figured well I guess he is getting closer to returning, but closer with a 1-3 month time table isn't much haha. 

4 straight years for the Ducks being out after a game 7 at home...Boudreau's gone, you gotta think. This team is way too talented to be out this early. 

Credit to the Preds (and congrats Mark), but turtling like that will not work against the Sharks. I picked SJ in 6, but I think it'll be shorter than that. 

Archived