NHL 2015-16: We finally needed a new thread!

Joe Pesci

Wow I can't believe it so fucking happy. Our defense was smothering, is there a better 2nd pair in the NHL than Ekholm/Ellis? Gotta give Rinne credit though, Very solid for the most part tonight and in game 6. 

Really didn't think we would get through this series after losing games 3-5, I am gonna have to buy 2nd round tickets.

34 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Got a couple game 3 ticks, hopefully Preds aren't 2-0 down come Tuesday. 

Nice! I've never been to an NHL playoffs game. Thanks to the Jackets only making them once in 16 years. :bang:

Hope you get to see a winner. 

17 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Nice! I've never been to an NHL playoffs game. Thanks to the Jackets only making them once in 16 years. :bang:

Hope you get to see a winner. 

Thanks. I think the Jackets have a bright future or maybe that's just my Seth Jones love talking. You're a devils fan though right?

11 hours ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

4 straight years for the Ducks being out after a game 7 at home...Boudreau's gone, you gotta think. This team is way too talented to be out this early. 

Credit to the Preds (and congrats Mark), but turtling like that will not work against the Sharks. I picked SJ in 6, but I think it'll be shorter than that. 

1 for 8 in game sevens.  ouch.

50 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

1 for 8 in game sevens.  ouch.

I think all 7 losses were at home too...that's pretty brutal

In other news, the Red Wings renamed their arena to...Little Caesar's Arena. I get that Mike Ilitch is a great owner, but that's just...kind of hilarious. 

8 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Thanks. I think the Jackets have a bright future or maybe that's just my Seth Jones love talking. You're a devils fan though right?

Yeah, the Devils are the team I started following when I got into hockey in the late 90's early 00's. Mainly because of Brodeur, Stevens, and Niedermayer. 

The Jackets are my second team though. I've always rooted for them as long as they weren't playing the Devils. Them moving into the Devils division, and hiring asshead has made it hard though. They are the closest team to me though, so I don't have much choice. 

Maata's weird.  He's still, iirc, improving possession and other metrics compared to some others, but he is noticeably slower than he used to be and makes some egregious errors.  If anything, he's one of those guys who is generically decent but sometimes utterly fails the eye test.  This is compared to someone like Cole who is worse by a lot of metrics but doesn't seem to fuck up spectacularly, so kind of slides along being mediocre.  

Good game, looking forward to the rest of the series.  I still think the Pens can take it.  

Yeah Maata was pretty ass last night, I still think he isn't at 100%, which ponders the question of why not give Schultz a shot? Can't be much worse and at least he can skate.

Despite the loss, I also think the Pens can win this series, which if the games stay the same should be a hell of a ride. 

We didn't play too well in general. Caps looked like the better team last night. They beat us to all the pucks and had the energy. Murray made  it closer than what it was. If there's a positive to take out of it: We took the game to OT when we played lousy. I'd like to see what happens when we're on our game.

Archived