NHL 2015-16: We finally needed a new thread!

Joe Pesci

I'm a bit worried about the Blues, despite the 6-3 win on Saturday.  The 3rd period looked a lot like games 2 and 3, where the Sharks skated a ton and had a lot of opportunities (and several goals).

And what of Backes?  Will he be back after missing the last two periods of play? It's tough when the veteran wearing the "C" is planted on the bench.

Color me still pessimistic, but color me Blue through and through.

14 hours ago, Bonesy said:

Looking good for you so far.

Welp.  :(

The Sharks got that open attack going and peppered the Blues end with shots.  The Blues couldn't crack the other end in the last half of the game.  It looked a lot like games 2 and 3.

That Thornton / Pavelski line was just getting too many good passes and looks. 

Game 7 here we come!! First 2 periods was great hockey by the Pens. They shrunk in to prevent defense mode after the Kessel own goal, which I hate, but happy with the win. Already nervous for Thursday night.

On 5/24/2016 at 11:53 AM, Joe Pesci said:

Pens go back to Murray tonight for game 6. Could it possibly be the end of the Fleury era?

it puts them in a rough position in the offseason for sure.  You have to give murray a chance to prove he's a starter, but then you're in a position where you have Fluery as a backup and his value isn't exactly going up at that point.  

Plus...  Expansion draft....

The real question is do they have the balls to move away from Fleury, even though it's clear they should be at least exploring Murray as the successor..  I suspect they do not, given the way they generally operate when it comes to their favored sons.(see also, game 5)

18 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Game 7 here we come!! First 2 periods was great hockey by the Pens. They shrunk in to prevent defense mode after the Kessel own goal, which I hate, but happy with the win. Already nervous for Thursday night.

Both those goals were kind of flukey actually.

Nice bounce back game by the Pens though.

I suspect this one will go to overtime.  No prediction really.

Been a couple pretty exciting, fun to watch series though, for sure.

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Holy shit. Sharkies gon play for Lord Stanley's cup. Craziness.

I've been a Sharks fan for many years, and I don't think I've completely realized that this is actually happening. 

18 minutes ago, Biter said:

I've been a Sharks fan for many years, and I don't think I've completely realized that this is actually happening. 

Yep. I'm at a loss. 25 years man. And for that reason my heart aches for you wedge, but holy shit, so close now. Just, wow.

2 hours ago, Swordfish said:

The sharks look scary good....

Big, fast, lethal power play...

Might come down to goaltending...  I know Jones has stolen a few, but he;s also looked a little leaky at times.

Jones is fantastic but has virtually no glove hand. Lot's of great saves, too many juicy rebounds.

Looks like I missed a lot of good hockey. :(  Didn't get a chance to watch the last three games due to work, and I'm missing game seven tonight too.  Sorry Blues fans, I was rooting for you, but the Sharks getting in is pretty cool too!  Here's hoping for a Pens victory.  

4 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

All across the Bay Area...

Homer%20Warriors%20Sharks_zpszb3ntuxe.jp

Haha, I'm the other way around normally, but I can imagine.

Also, been listening to KNBR today. Summary: Yay Sharks (5 minutes) WTF Warriors (2 3/4 hours) Repeat.

5 hours ago, Bonesy said:

Haha, I'm the other way around normally, but I can imagine.

Also, been listening to KNBR today. Summary: Yay Sharks (5 minutes) WTF Warriors (2 3/4 hours) Repeat.

Oh yeah, they are very Giants/Niners/Warriors centric. You know how it is. The only radio coverage Hockey gets are Hockey dedicated half hours or hours. Of all the KNBR hosts Tom Tolbert is really the only one who dedicates any time to the Sharks. He has their play-by-play guy on at least once a week and tries to corral the occasional player or coach interview. 

Archived