Rant and Rave without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers Part 2

WolfQueenArya

6 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

So Kit saying he's really dead is actually a spoiler. Why would he be spoiling it? He could just say, stay tuned.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-04-02/heres-everything-kit-harington-told-jonathan-ross-about-jon-snow-game-of-thrones-and-the-real-royal-family

Oh god Kit needs to stop he first said he only plays a corpse but we know he leads the battle of bastards

10 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

So Kit saying he's really dead is actually a spoiler. Why would he be spoiling it? He could just say, stay tuned.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-04-02/heres-everything-kit-harington-told-jonathan-ross-about-jon-snow-game-of-thrones-and-the-real-royal-family

I watched the JR thing. It's funny, and Kit is not very convincing with his 'I only play a corpse' this season' line. :lol:

1 hour ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Oh god Kit needs to stop he first said he only plays a corpse but we know he leads the battle of bastards

Yeah not his fault but annoying all the same. I blame the journalists for always the same inane questions.

5 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Yeah not his fault but annoying all the same. I blame the journalists for always the same inane questions.

I think it's very deliberate. 

"All aboard, the hype train is leaving the station!" 

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think it's very deliberate. 

"All aboard, the hype train is leaving the station!" 

It sure is, but it baffles me that more people aren't just fed up with it. But then, if they can't get tired of the rubbish the show feeds them for four seasons now, nothing will make them.

8 hours ago, LazyBazooka said:

They build a story around the shocks rather than having the shocks further the story or the characters. Once a shocking moment has been reached, the consequences and implications of it are thrown out the window (Does Jaime raping Cersei ever come up between them again? Does Cersei resent Jaime for raping her? Does Jaime feel guilty about it? The answer is a big fat "no", because the showrunners don't care about what comes after the shock, they only care about the shock itself and the effect it will have on the largely shallow audience.) and the build up to the next shock begins. The shocking moments should be secondary, they should be thought of down along the road of the character's natural progression. When the story is pushed aside in favour of spectacle and shock, then you're not a writer, you're a circus monkey. And that's what the show resembles. A circus. Where the mass audience (including most of the critics and award-givers) doesn't care or even think about the dynamics of a narrative or characters, and are easily impressed by the "ooh-aah" fireworks of blood, nudity, computer generated dragons, and "didn't-see-that-coming" moments that pulse throughout the show's runtime. It is just tits and dragons. Doom and gloom. Nothing is just nothing.

Well said 

2 hours ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

An this is where I really get pissed. As any person who read the books they are perfectly entitled to not like Stannis but to in turn hate his character and in turn like LF and give him all these awesome moments is infuriating

My signature would have been amazing to hear on screen :/ 

46 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

It sure is, but it baffles me that more people aren't just fed up with it. But then, if they can't get tired of the rubbish the show feeds them for four seasons now, nothing will make them.

Yeah, I know. I guess everyone wants to be a part, however indirect, of the "greatest show on earth". Wait. Isn't that something to do with a circus? :P

37 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I feel like a victim of a pump and dump.

:lol:

16 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

They let Petyr the Pimp say to Fansa: Do this to enact REVENGE!!!

2 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

I'm actually fairly sure that if the Rickon/Osha rumors are true that might be the last straw for enough critics/viewers for it to start to make a significant impact.  There already were some reviewers side-eyeing the Stannis/Shireen 'you are my daughter' scene and have called it out.  Continuing down the same trite and predictable path may in fact begin to have consequences.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is ready to watch that after last season, it's too much. And it's giving much too much to Ramsay. And then that's followed up by the near slaughter of Jon's allies. And then LF coming to the rescue. And whatever absurdity with Sansa. What were they thinking, it's not a good sign that we are asking that already. And that's just one bad thing, there has to be more.

On 29/03/2016 at 6:35 AM, LadySoftheart said:

I suspect he may also be shirtless. The real question is whether he's afraid of dogs or not :P (And yes, Euron undoubtedly had a difficult childhood what with ... um ... being an Ironborn bully and all, and therefore the Iron Throne is his by right.)

It's the subversion of the female gaze yo: women are only worthy of desire if they are conventionally beautiful and men are entitled to have them. But if a woman desires a beautiful man, she better watch out, because good looking men are always evil. A woman better love a man for himself and feel grateful that he doesn't rape her. Yo.

3 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Well said 

I agree. One of my favorite parts in ADWD, as awesome as any huge naval battle. 

My folks were asking me when I was going to show them the next GOT season, and I had to tell them that I would not be purchasing the DVDs this year. I really don't want to show them pointless rape and child-burning.

Back from vacation and cathing up on a few things. So, Alfie Allen spoils some stuff on the opener. Yeah, I think he is dead this season. Just a hunch. D&D&C (C is for Cogman) seem to be very spiteful. They will punish Sansa some more and in other ways they they know will piss off the fan base just because, #1, they do not like her book character, that is obvious with all of their "alterations" to her behavior, in particular the way she personally treated their favorite, St Tyrion, in and out of his presence and #2, they are pissed off at us for being pissed off at them for having Sansa ripped from her own story to get raped by Ramsay. So, expect the worst, Pregnancy, Slutty behavior, marriage and consummation to Littlefinger, Queen of the North and userpation of Bran's rightful throne, the whole thing, bank on it. Also, Expect Rickon to die but live in the books. This kid is not important to D&D&C because a few reasons, he is a Stark and he is male so no future boobs to potentially see and he has been gone for 2 years to the arrogant threesome of D&D&C think no one cares about him because we don't either, besides, we can get more Fansa and Batfinger interaction as rulers of the North so the divergence will continue. We who care about the Starks will never get even close to full satisfaction. As for that, the fools will probably let Walda and baby butcher bolton live just so we can call them  stupid Starks for doing so. Maybe Ramsay will do us a favor and off them for us. Who knows.

2 hours ago, A_Cornered_Wolf said:

I'm actually fairly sure that if the Rickon/Osha rumors are true that might be the last straw for enough critics/viewers for it to start to make a significant impact.  There already were some reviewers side-eyeing the Stannis/Shireen 'you are my daughter' scene and have called it out.  Continuing down the same trite and predictable path may in fact begin to have consequences.

And if it does not go down like that in the future Book ( I think Rickon will be in the host that breaks the Boltons) there is going to be some really pissed off people. It is called overkill. Joff with him slaughtering King Robert's children which implies that he knew he was a bastard and really a Lannister but wanted the power anyway and his Statue of glory as well as his over the top performance at his wedding death festival. Yes, Ramsay, when we thought he could not get worse than last year, will be over the top this year, guarantied.

Of course, there's still the Iron Born story to add to the what were they thinking pile. Euron in their hands, between the horrific things he does, and them whitewashing him because we can imagine what it's like for him as a boy. Asha and Qarla the Maid. And Theon the badass.

I mostly just role my eyes now when any of the cast say "he's really dead. really." I am hoping his resurrection isn't put off for too long mostly because I want the whole thing to be over with.

And sadly, I don't even think I will find Rickon's death sad (if it is indeed true) because I've come to expect this kind of crap from the show now. The deaths are no longer shocking. It's when people actually live that I find shocking these days.

So, I'm rewatching the series in preparation for the new season just because it feels like the right thing to do, even if I know it's awful.

Just got this that I haven't seen anyone mention (directly) before.  A common complaint is the costumers completely and utterly failing to include house sigils outside of Stark, Lannister, etc.  I just watched the scene where Catelyn arrests Tyrion in the inn.  

Cat: "Is that the black bat of Harrenhall I see on your coat"

Me:  Um, nothing's there, that's solid leather.

Cat: "And is that the red stallion of Bracken"

Me:  Nope, nothing there either.

Cat: "And is that the Twin Towers of Frey I see for you sigil"

Me: WHAT F***ING SIGIL!

It's a nitpick on its own, but it is amazing how many little things they fail to do.  Either costume should include the sigils, at least for this specific scene where it's mentioned multiple times, or the dialogue should be altered.  Can't stand this type of stuff when it's so numerous.

6 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

So, I'm rewatching the series in preparation for the new season just because it feels like the right thing to do, even if I know it's awful.

Just got this that I haven't seen anyone mention (directly) before.  A common complaint is the costumers completely and utterly failing to include house sigils outside of Stark, Lannister, etc.  I just watched the scene where Catelyn arrests Tyrion in the inn.  

Cat: "Is that the black bat of Harrenhall I see on your coat"

Me:  Um, nothing's there, that's solid leather.

Cat: "And is that the red stallion of Bracken"

Me:  Nope, nothing there either.

Cat: "And is that the Twin Towers of Frey I see for you sigil"

Me: WHAT F***ING SIGIL!

It's a nitpick on its own, but it is amazing how many little things they fail to do.  Either costume should include the sigils, at least for this specific scene where it's mentioned multiple times, or the dialogue should be altered.  Can't stand this type of stuff when it's so numerous.

:rofl:

Considering how much D&D like doing SHOCK and OMG moments, maybe all this talk about Rickon and Osha dying is all a ploy so we can get the real SHOCK: Bran and Meera show up just to die at Ramsay's hand. NO ONE EXPECTS THAT! And how do they get down from the wall? Well, it turns out Kindly Old Sydow had a teleporter stashed away, and the blueprints were at the Red Keep and that was how Batfinger figured out how to teleport everywhere. But creatively it will make sense because they wanted it to happen.

Archived