Rant and Rave without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers Part 2

WolfQueenArya

Not to be cruel towards Sansa but she gave away her name, traded it in for "Bolton" willingly and was willingly going to bed Ramsay, only he took her by force and kept her locked in the bed room until her "escape". What she claims was taken from her in actuality was taken by Littlefinger more than anyone left alive in Westeros but she is apparently too stupid to figure that out. We will see I suppose.

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

If that is true, she is absolutely, then hands down the stupidest person on GOT, eclipsing Shae the funny Whore who threw away a bag of diamonds for luv.

Oh my god just remembering that scene makes me sick!! It hurts! What is the opposite to "thank the gods" as Jaime says? Shae is truly the most unpredictable of gold digging whores, D&D managed to "shock" the hell out of us with her shenanigans!

I agree, if St Tyrion gets roasted, I will fucking jump with joy but it is not going to happen. Those dragons will pant and lick him like love sick puppies. Guarantied. Hell, he will probably fly one, liberating Mereen from who ever the fuck is there to be fired upon all the while holding on to the dragon with one hand, and his other on a glass of wine. I can just see it.

51 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Obsession with revenge was not actually painted positively in the books. But that's not stopping the show. It's a very convenient plot device, no need to give the characters depth and dimension, just make them obsessed with revenge. Toss in some melodramatic moments, and voila. No need to actually tell a story. Just put them on a collision course for violence, and yet more violence. /who cares

Is that you D&D? Is that truly your formula for greatness? Along with burning the books?

10 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Not to be cruel towards Sansa but she gave away her name, traded it in for "Bolton" willingly and was willingly going to bed Ramsay, only he took her by force and kept her locked in the bed room until her "escape". What she claims was taken from her in actuality was taken by Littlefinger more than anyone left alive in Westeros but she is apparently too stupid to figure that out. We will see I suppose.

Yeah they are conveniently making this Fansa vs. Ramsay, when according to the show, she "chose" to become Fansa Bolton.

Her long time adversary is Littlefinger, not Ramsay. But she's not mad at Littlefinger. In fact, he's getting a redemption arc.

Only thing is, he's doing exactly what he planned. So how is it she is empowered by doing this? He said he was going to bring the Vale troops to defeat the Boltons and take Winterhell. So she can be a "boss ass bitch" all she wants, but she's just giving him what he wants.

They never showed what she wants, because she quite simply doesn't matter. She was reset in season 5, her story prior to that is meaningless. She was raped and now she is after revenge. And all of this is quite simplistic and stoopid, not to mention it's what LF wants.

They tell "stories" like paint by numbers. But somehow or other, the way they paint the picture, this chick always loses EVERYTHING.

Am I alone in that when reading this thread when I stop laughing I have to stop myself from crying at how D&D have massacred this adaptation? And lobotomised and marginalised all our favourite characters? It's a slaughterhouse!

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

They never showed what she wants, because she quite simply doesn't matter. She was reset in season 5, her story prior to that is meaningless. She was raped and now she is after revenge. And all of this is quite simplistic and stoopid, not to mention it's what LF wants.

They tell "stories" like paint by numbers. But somehow or other, the way they paint the picture, this chick always loses EVERYTHING.

I'm still not over them killing off my favorite character without actually killing her off. They replaced Sansa with Jeyne and my investment in whatever character Sophie is playing stopped.

There is no more Sansa in this series... there's just Sophie Turner doing some stuff on screen.

5 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Am I alone in that when reading this thread when I stop laughing I have to stop myself from crying at how D&D have massacred this adaptation? And lobotomised and marginalised all our favourite characters? It's a slaughterhouse!

Don't worry. There's at least one good adaptation out there:

11 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah they are conveniently making this Fansa vs. Ramsay, when according to the show, she "chose" to become Fansa Bolton.

Her long time adversary is Littlefinger, not Ramsay. But she's not mad at Littlefinger. In fact, he's getting a redemption arc.

Only thing is, he's doing exactly what he planned. So how is it she is empowered by doing this? He said he was going to bring the Vale troops to defeat the Boltons and take Winterhell. So she can be a "boss ass bitch" all she wants, but she's just giving him what he wants.

It screams of the show runners desperately trying to minimize the damage to Sansa's character by last years narrow minded plan of theirs to get her raped by heaping on yet another personality shift upon sansa. it is going to look stupid.

2 minutes ago, A_Cornered_Wolf said:

What are the odds we get Tyrion as secret Targ confirmed via him not getting roasted when releasing the Dargons?  Goes with some of the Emilia marketing hype about fire-proof Targs yeh?

but that would be, like, a theme or something from previous seasons. Plus D&D love the Lannisters... I think it's just that Tyrion is simply that shiny and special that he can take dragons, restore peace to Meereen by somehow fixing their economy, give love advice to MissWorm - you know, he is the complete package of wise compassionate loving leader ;) And if you don't know, I'm sure Varys will say it about 900 times this season. 

8 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

I'm still not over them killing off my favorite character without actually killing her off. They replaced Sansa with Jeyne and my investment in whatever character Sophie is playing stopped.

There is no more Sansa in this series... there's just Sophie Turner doing some stuff on screen.

Yeah, Sansa Stark lives in the books by GRRM. This girl is an imposter.

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It screams of the show runners desperately trying to minimize the damage to Sansa's character by last years narrow minded plan of theirs to get her raped by heaping on yet another personality shift upon sansa. it is going to look stupid.

It would look stupid to anyone who paid attention but because this show (and it seems like many of its most passionate defenders) suffer from short-term memory loss and press the reset button on their characters every season ... Voila, cue everyone talking about the strong women on this show. I 100% guarantee that Sansa's newly changed persona will be fed to the public as an example of Game of thrones strong women. :vomit:

24 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

but that would be, like, a theme or something from previous seasons. Plus D&D love the Lannisters... I think it's just that Tyrion is simply that shiny and special that he can take dragons, restore peace to Meereen by somehow fixing their economy, give love advice to MissWorm - you know, he is the complete package of wise compassionate loving leader ;) And if you don't know, I'm sure Varys will say it about 900 times this season. 

Varys worships St Tyrion, to Varys there is the old gods, the new gods and the one true God, St Tyrion, the healer of Westeros

33 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

Don't worry. There's at least one good adaptation out there:

I am not adorable, I'm Stannis.:lol:

It was also nice to see things from the book used though not in the show (Renly's peach was done with a vengence)

I remember someone posted wondering why Joffrey was Justin Beiber. :lmao:

It was really a shame they did not do anymore.

Well...:leaving:

41 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

It would look stupid to anyone who paid attention but because this show (and it seems like many of its most passionate defenders) suffer from short-term memory loss and press the reset button on their characters every season ... Voila, cue everyone talking about the strong women on this show. I 100% guarantee that Sansa's newly changed persona will be fed to the public as an example of Game of thrones strong women. :vomit:

Yeah and I think the worst of it will be her marching lock step with littlefinger and possibly agreeing to marry him in exchange for the Vale's support in this. She saved his ass in the Vale because they believed Sansa Stark, not the brothel owner and now she will be begging for his help and selling out what is left of her dignity to get it. Littlefinger will be the true "winner" of Season 6 when it is done.

Ugh, the whole Northern plot is stoooooooooooooooooopid and has more holes in it than the road I once drove in Baja to the inner bay.

Fansa: Fuck, that's Moat Cailin! I'm ging back to the Vale.You're wanting to marry me to the murderers of my mother and brother?

Batfinger: That's just fear talking. Marry them for revenge. Destroy them from the inside.

Fansa: OK! GRrrrrr, I'll have my revenge on Wamsay and Woose (euhm make that Wuss)

Fansa: snark comment to Wamsay and Myranda... Hihihihi, i've so got my revenge...

--- after wedding ---

Fansa: help he raped me!!!!!

--- after escape ---

Fansa: Now, I'm really pissed. And I'll destroy them.

:rolleyes:

Throw in Stannis marching for WF, and all those Northern lords she could have gone to... oh, that's right: they were never an option, because Stannis is a meanie who has to die because he burned people ona beach (euhm weren't that statues?), and those other Northern lords that Wuss believed needed to be pacified by a marriage to Fansa, they'll choose Wamsay anyway over Fansa. So, she only has the Vale army to rely on, since the wildlings aren't good, proper fighters anyhow. Well, why didn't LF immediately ride out with those troops and Fansa from the start then? She didn't need to marry Ramsay in order to get the Vale lords to want to ride with her to retake WF.

D&D: Because he needed permission from Carole first.

Well, who's the wuss now, hey? She's in an utter mess at KL, blowing up the Tyrell alliance... you know the Tyrells, who were in on the murder of Joffrey?

D&D: creatively it made sense

No, it doesn't. It's just stoopid.

2 hours ago, A_Cornered_Wolf said:

What are the odds we get Tyrion as secret Targ confirmed via him not getting roasted when releasing the Dargons?  Goes with some of the Emilia marketing hype about fire-proof Targs yeh?

There is a leaked plot around where it is clearly stated that Tyrion will be revealed to be Mad King's bastard son. Also that Jaime will turn on Cersei when he arrives in Riverrun.

27 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

There is a leaked plot around where it is clearly stated that Tyrion will be revealed to be Mad King's bastard son. Also that Jaime will turn on Cersei when he arrives in Riverrun.

If this is true, I have a problem with this.

Just like with Rhaegar, the show has barely paid any attention to the Targaryens before Dany. Like, in books we have a lot of info about Rhaegar, Rhaella and the Mad King. We know they were real people. In the show, what's the importance of Tyrion being Aerys' son? "Oh, he was the son of a King!". Yeah, so? :dunno: He could be the son of Jaehaerys for all I care.

It would be the same with Jon. Rhaegar is such a present character, despite he's dead, that even those who hadn't caught that he's Jon's real father, would be shocked. Rhaegar is barely existent in the show. Mostly people would say "who? Dany's brother? The one who was crowned?". :dunno:

If Sansa escapes, reunites with LF and brings the knights of the Vale to Winterfell against the Boltons, as the rumors say, doesn't that just prove that her season 5 plot was completely ridiculous.  She could accomplish exactly the same thing without having to go to WF, getting herself married to Ramsay and getting raped.

Archived