Rant and Rave without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers Part 2

WolfQueenArya

17 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Which one ?

Jaime sides with the freys breaking his oath to Cat for Cersei. 

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Let me say in advance that I intend to rant like crazy when they replace Manderly with the Mormonts, as it appears they have done.

Where have they suddenly come from on the show i dont recall the kickass Mormont women being on the show. 

32 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Jon is Davos kind of guy, what I hate about this is that Davos would slit that bitches throat in a nanosecond, fire visions or not once he knew she had burned Shireen alive and then abandoned Stannis on that one horse that nobody stole.  So, even though it's subtle, its character destroying for him.

I'm scratching my head over this.  Is Melisandre going to tell Davos that she burned Shireen alive, and abandoned Stannis, and he'll just shrug and say "whatever?"

10 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah they are conveniently making this Fansa vs. Ramsay, when according to the show, she "chose" to become Fansa Bolton.

Her long time adversary is Littlefinger, not Ramsay. But she's not mad at Littlefinger. In fact, he's getting a redemption arc.

Only thing is, he's doing exactly what he planned. So how is it she is empowered by doing this? He said he was going to bring the Vale troops to defeat the Boltons and take Winterhell. So she can be a "boss ass bitch" all she wants, but she's just giving him what he wants.

They never showed what she wants, because she quite simply doesn't matter. She was reset in season 5, her story prior to that is meaningless. She was raped and now she is after revenge. And all of this is quite simplistic and stoopid, not to mention it's what LF wants.

They tell "stories" like paint by numbers. But somehow or other, the way they paint the picture, this chick always loses EVERYTHING.

Remember that Cersei told her a woman's most powerful weapon is the one between her legs so it makes creative sense that the only way for Sansa to "win" is via her snatch. She needed Ramsay's empowerment so she is able to take out Littlefinger with those treacherous lady bits, most likely with a woman's other weapon - poison. We didn't have Ellaria's deadly kiss for nothing. 

In a century, every girl in the North playing Come Into My Castle will be pretending she's that fooking legend Sansa Stark.

Just now, Ruhail said:

Oh, I am sure it will be how it plays out. They are still in lurve with each other. Carol doesn't even care he got their daughter killed. He is going to take back everything that was taken from them !!

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

I'm scratching my head over this.  Is Melisandre going to tell Davos that she burned Shireen alive, and abandoned Stannis, and he'll just shrug and say "whatever?"

What else can happen?  It's obvious she did abandon Stannis since she's alive and not dead or a Bolton prisoner.  He would have to lose many, many IQ points to think that Shireen just randomly died...but then he already lost many IQ points when he left her there last season in the first place when it was obvious to Hodor she was going to sacrifice her.

9 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Yes!?! <_<

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

What else can happen?  It's obvious she did abandon Stannis since she's alive and not dead or a Bolton prisoner.  He would have to lose many, many IQ points to think that Shireen just randomly died...but then he already lost many IQ points when he left her there last season in the first place when it was obvious to Hodor she was going to sacrifice her.

Liam C. said he only teams up with Mel because he doesnt know what happened to Shireen and Stannis. :unsure:

17 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

She also and more importantly, should have wanted revenge upon the Bolton, all of them for the Red Wedding.

Yup... In S1 She hoped Robb would give her Joffrey's head as a present. I'd say Sansa has thirst for vengeance against those who hurt her family without being personally raped over it.

37 minutes ago, Toth said:

there have been discussions here weighing the horribleness of this and that...There are also often very compelling discussions about the source material they are constantly ignoring.

Exactly. Yesterday and before we had a great exchange on how both GRRM and D&D handle horror. Torture, killing, slaughter and rape are all horrific acts, but there are various ways how to show/tell it. GRRM portrays the horrific in a completely different way than D&D, and not just because of the difference in medium. And there is a gargantuan difference on how both deal with the fallout of the horror with their characters. I wouldn't trust D&D to handle the horror of rape in any character's plot - minor or major, female or male. There are several explicit rape victims iirc in the books, and it is a theme that surfaces in almost every POV of the main characters in the books. George carefully gives us each time a different gaze on it, and actually incorporates the concept, the fear, the witnessing, the preventing as well as the backlash and payback for rape:

1. Dany tries to create an army to conquer Westeros that would not rape women.
  2. Arya's fear of rape is a constant in aCoK, and her experience as a witness of it disgusts her so much that it's a sure thing that gets anybody on her death list. In fact, while Arya's official reason to the Kindly Man and self-avowed one for killing Dareon is desertion, she offs him the night she studies him meticulously hanging around the Widow's young daughter. She's clearly disgusted by this singer's fondness for young girls and his lies to charm them. The show also puts this in Arya's arc with Meryn Trant, but it's way over the top, as was the murder.
  3. In Jaime we have a male witness, so disgusted by it that he attempts to prevent it - with Brienne and later with Pia. There's a reason why he installs the Pious Knight as a steward of HH. He tries to save the women from being raped. For the show to have him rape Cersei they're basically given him Tyrion's part.
  4. In Tyrion's arc we actually have a male offender, who arguably was in forgiving circumstances at least with Tysha. Nonetheless he's disgusted with himself over it, as he is for desiring Sansa sexually while she's still a child. It's the subtextual guilt over it that eats away at his soul. The show does not portray any of that. Nope, instead he's the guy who did not even desire Sansa sexually yet at his wedding night.  
  5. While we do not actually witness Theon rape a woman, he sure was hellbent in showing he did not care about pleasing them, and enjoyed degrading them in some way. He's not that far off from the same path as Shagwell, Victarion and Raff the Sweetling. He also speaks of salt wives in a glorified manner. But then he becomes the object of torture by Ramsay, and when confronted with the mistreatment and rape of Jeyne Poole he for the first time recognizes her as a person with her own value, because she's a person, not because she's important (although he still thinks in an almost misogynistic way of washerwomen and the spearwives), not because she's a Stark and he has to make amends with the Starks. We hardly witness the rapes of Jeyne Poole directly, but we do witness the impact on her through Theon's eyes. And it is heart wrenching. Exactly, because Jeyne Poole is overall an insignifcant character the horror of her torture and rape achieves a completely empathic response from the reader. She is the n1 tragic character mentioned in book forum threads when asked - who is the most tragic character. Because GRRM put the rape spotlight on an unimportant charachter as Jeyne Poole he totally sidelined the "shock" argument. What happened to Jeyne Poole is vile, but it clearly was not written for shock, titilation, and exposition. 

Sansa is seriously a joke on the show now. 

She willingly marries Ramsay.  Then escapes.  Then offers herself up to be murdered as her preference. Then is saved by Theon.  Next she's afraid of water..what it is with women in the show?  "Yara" afraid of big dogs and now Sansa afraid of water instead of her abuser?

But somehow out of this mire of stupidity and passivity, she will emerge Empowered Warrior Queen, ready to run the North, go toe to toe with Littlefinger and be all Jean Grey for the rest of the series.  And she will get her brother's direwolf.  Count on it.

16 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Where have they suddenly come from on the show i dont recall the kickass Mormont women being on the show. 

We already knew about that, there was filming spoiler in the summer. He was spotted standing under the Lannister banner fighting with the Freys. He's doing it for Carol, to get the Freys to help her with the Faith, or something stoopid and character destroying like that. No doubt the trebuchet gets good use, too. And they can't have him behead Pia's rapist, since they made him a rapist, too.

Also I doubt there will be Mormont women, just a badass kid like Arya. They'll replace the rest of them with men. "Most girls are idiots."

Our savior Dillane strikes again :

"I wish I'd read the books - I might have got a better idea of where it was all going," he said.

"I just felt as if I didn't get it, and had I read the books, I might have had a better idea of the role of the character - what he was meant to be. It might've helped."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/game-of-thrones/news/a790111/game-of-thrones-star-stephen-dillane-doesnt-miss-playing-stannis/

56 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

Gods be good, this is some awful writing. "Have her lips pulled away from her teeth?" 

Ah, bonding with your lover/brother/worthless babydaddy over what your dead mama looked like every day since she died... ugh. 

I wondered whether they wanted to incorporate some chthonic symbolism in there all of a sudden :lmao: Doesn't work though.

16 minutes ago, sarah.jenice said:

Remember that Cersei told her a woman's most powerful weapon is the one between her legs so it makes creative sense that the only way for Sansa to "win" is via her snatch. She needed Ramsay's empowerment so she is able to take out Littlefinger with those treacherous lady bits, most likely with a woman's other weapon - poison. We didn't have Ellaria's deadly kiss for nothing. 

In a century, every girl in the North playing Come Into My Castle will be pretending she's that fooking legend Sansa Stark.

Yes, that's about the size of it. Since they take everything Cersei and LF spew as wisdom.

Dillane says he was just a cog in the machine.

This tells you exactly why GOT contrinues to decline, because they are so invested in the bigger, better, more more more that the ACTORS feel disengaged from the story.

that is fucking pathetic if you ask me.  and yet somehow, GOT still gets praised for it's character development.  laughable

10 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

I am not adorable, I'm Stannis.:lol:

It was also nice to see things from the book used though not in the show (Renly's peach was done with a vengence)

I remember someone posted wondering why Joffrey was Justin Beiber. :lmao:

It was really a shame they did not do anymore.

Well...:leaving:

That was brilliant!

Archived