Rant and Rave without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers Part 2

WolfQueenArya

Just now, Tijgy said:

Can we blame Drogon for having a belly ache? A lot of us have been in a similar situation like him :D

Now to more serious things: I think the dragons already have more screen time than the direwolves. If they dare to ignore Summer!!!

To them and probably most people, the Direwolves are just big dogs, but DRAGONS, OH MY!

51 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Some news things I saw in the trailer was a Giant in Winterfell and Dragon flying above the Dothraki. Drogon might be got out of his bad mood? 

There are some interviews of GRRM explaining why he chose them to do his story. And I think they might have been the first ones that presented the idea of a tv show. 

Isn't the giant at Castle Black? Looks like CB to me... 

11 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Can we blame Drogon for having a belly ache? A lot of us have been in a similar situation like him :D

Now to more serious things: I think the dragons already have more screen time than the direwolves. If they dare to ignore Summer!!!

Winter is coming, so I guess Summer is going. Or gone. 

They don't "get" direwolves. I don't think they even "get" dragons (and the parallels between Starks/wolves and Targs/dragons). Dragons are just cooler, and you can do CGI and drone shots and explosions with dragons.  What does a giant wolf do, except pant and snarl and probably poop in the courtyard. In the books, of course, they  bonded with their people, but that idea was stillborn on the show. Ghost spent more time with Sam than Jon, and the Starks all have giant L's on their foreheads for the losers that they are. No wonder their pets ran off. 

1 minute ago, TepidHands said:

They don't "get" direwolves. I don't think they even "get" dragons (and the parallels between Starks/wolves and Targs/dragons). Dragons are just cooler, and you can do CGI and drone shots and explosions with dragons.  What does a giant wolf do, except pant and snarl and probably poop in the courtyard. In the books, of course, they  bonded with their people, but that idea was stillborn on the show. Ghost spent more time with Sam than Jon, and the Starks all have giant L's on their foreheads for the losers that they are. No wonder their pets ran off. 

They probably figure Twilight had enough of them so they are going all out for Dragons and Zombies, no one ever gets tired of zombies, right?

8 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

They wrestle in the books with their two-legged friends (I refuse to the Starks as their masters. The wolves are their closest companions, friends, ... they are the Little Starks and the Little Starks are them. They are no pets. Pets is the name they are given by people who wants to be derogatory against them like the Lannisters). Okay, sorry, (like a lot probably know) I feel very strongly about them :wub:. They hug them, they play with them, the wolves gives the little Starks strength and warn them of danger (Jon and Robb, you are idiots for not listening to your wolves!) , Summer is one of the most important someone left to Bran, ... 

(At the same time you have also those crazy weird Reed Kids who want to pet Summer on their alone without Bran present. And Meera also "trains" with Summer by catching him with her nets ... wait, she also did catch another wolf in her nets :D Poor Bran.)

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Isn't the giant at Castle Black? Looks like CB to me... 

I think you are right. Than it is probably Wun Wun

30 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

Laughing at the bold, that's about it. :lol:

The Starks aren't wolves, they cut all of that out. For that matter, I think the last time a Targ was referred to as a dragon was season 1. GRRM slipped in Sandor calling Arya a wolf in season 3. No dogs, since season 1, get her a dog she'll be happier for it, yeah, right. Shae called the sainted one a lion. But they left all of that out for the most part. Rover is Sam's dog now. Nymeria is hanging out at the pound.

Since this is a rant and rave thread, does anyone else out there suspect that D&D&Cogman have interns or wannabes that are in here once and a while trying to carry their water for them or are there just some really enthusiastic fanboys and fangirls? Curious, that is all.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

To them and probably most people, the Direwolves are just big dogs, but DRAGONS, OH MY!

They probably slept through the Biology lessons as well as through the Literature and Geography ones and won't be able to create convincing CGI direwolves. You can always phone the dragons (including those misplaced spikes on Drogon's back :P ), but not wolves. ;)

9 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Since this is a rant and rave thread, does anyone else out there suspect that D&D&Cogman have interns or wannabes that are in here once and a while trying to carry their water for them or are there just some really enthusiastic fanboys and fangirls? Curious, that is all.

If any of 'em start busting out crying, it's Cogman. 

I doubt D&D drop by a book forum (and if you look at the volume of posts on the novels side compared with the TV side,  westeros.org is primarily a book site). I think they're smelling their own farts or  standing in front of mirrors, practicing their flip-off moves for next season's after parties at the Emmys. 

Wasn't one of the team around here in the beginning, back when we all had hope that this might turn out good, with Bean cast as Ed and all that?

Maybe that's where D&D got the R+L=J from. ;)

11 minutes ago, Gabriele said:

They probably slept through the Biology lessons as well as through the Literature and Geography ones and won't be able to create convincing CGI direwolves. You can always phone the dragons (including those misplaced spikes on Drogon's back :P ), but not wolves. ;)

lol, I know, where to sit?

7 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

If any of 'em start busting out crying, it's Cogman. 

I doubt D&D drop by a book forum (and if you look at the volume of posts on the novels side compared with the TV side,  westeros.org is primarily a book site). I think they're smelling their own farts or  standing in front of mirrors, practicing their flip-off moves for next season's after parties at the Emmys. 

I know, I would have been good with them winning an Emmy any year but last year. We all know it was Hardhome that won it for them.

Ah Troy.  What to say.  Sort of a precurser to GOT though, lots of 'modern' out of place things in a film that takes place thousands of years ago, some good dialogue, some bad dialogue, the discarding of anything approaching the original themes of that thing it's based on, one of the foundations of Western literature.....

Ahyep.  I see I see I see.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Ah Troy.  What to say.  Sort of a precurser to GOT though, lots of 'modern' out of place things in a film that takes place thousands of years ago, some good dialogue, some bad dialogue, the discarding of anything approaching the original themes of that thing it's based on, one of the foundations of Western literature.....

:)

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

They left the gods out. :bang: No wonder they now want to leave the magic out of GoT, except for zombies and dragons, and Mel's magic boobs. Because those are cool. Direwolves are just big puppies and not cool. 

6 minutes ago, TheCasualObserver said:

The problem there being that the good parts of Hardhome were the budget and stunts; the writing was as shambolic as ever.

Quite so, they rushed their "plots" at the cost of producing Hardhome, which was a spectacular and fun battle but it took about what, 90 % of an episode where we only hear of the battle, if we can call it that in the books. Never the less, in a season that was dark and bleak with no real excitement, we got some in this episode.

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

yeah, Menalaus dies? Ajax dies early, Yes, the Gods and even the reason Paris took Helen. Paris and the three Goddesses. Paris lives. It was all messed up and I see the parallels of the two. Achilles never was in the Horse, he died before Ajax etc. If Troy had been done right, it should have been a 2 part movie, if successful, then do the Odessey. They messed it up.

Archived