Terror Incidents in Europe 2

Fragile Bird

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35908512

Same story as above, but I didn't see this bit in the other one

Meanwhile in the capital, Islamabad, police fired tear gas at thousands of protesters who marched in support of Islamist gunman Mumtaz Qadri, whom they see as a religious hero.

Qadri was hanged last month for the murder of Punjab governor Salman Taseer five years ago. 

Mr Taseer had defended a Christian woman jailed on blasphemy charges.

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35908512

Same story as above, but I didn't see this bit in the other one

A few days ago, there was also a particularly vicious terror attack by Daesh on a children's football tournament in Iraq.

The terror of radical islam has become an enormous problem since the 90s. It's not just individuals, those bastards enjoy so much support that they can operate (often in large numbers, nowadays) from deep in Africa all the way to Indonesia, while also being present in almost every western country.

Sure, poverty is a part of it, but the influence of ideology is underestimated. Pakistan and Afghanistan are well known for their hate-spreading Wahabist/Salafist madrassas (sponsored by Gulf States?). There is an entire machinery behind this barbary. It's past time that the financiers of this ideology get the bill presented to them.

On 25-3-2016 at 3:58 PM, Tijgy said:

One of the people arrested thursday I believe(?) near the federal prosecutor office is Faycal Cheffou, an "independent" journalist. He is charged for terrorism, murder, ... there are rumors he might be identified as the third attacker of Zaventem (airport). 

They released this guy today because of lack of evidence without any conditions. This means they are still looking for the third attacker. 

On March 25, 2016 at 0:31 AM, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Avoiding crowded places kind of defeats the purpose of traveling. 

AMP,

I have to disagree.  Crowds are largely unavoidable as you travel but you can certainly seek to travel to places without people at the end of a trip.

A subgroup of AfD (a populist right-wing party in Germany which did better than ever before in the most recent German state elections) has released a proposal to ban the construction of mosques:

The draft policy, titled "Courage to take responsibility," states that "Islam does not belong to Germany" and argues that mosques lead to "the spread of Islamic teachings directed towards the removal of our legal order," according to the Deutsche Welle news agency.

The Koran, the holy book of Islam, is full of "lies and deception," the paper says, warning that Islam "has already arrived at its declared path to world domination in 57 out of 190 countries."

They're obviously not going to get anywhere with this (even the leadership of AfD in their region has already disavowed it), but it is interesting that they would dare release such a proposal, especially in Germany.

Hope it isn't totally off topic: I saw Helena had linked to a news report about this above.

It's been harrowing in Islamabad where I live, this past week. Thousands of 'protestors' led by religious parties that are generally marginalised during elections etc. It's quite easy to round up many disaffected young men here, especially given the economic situation, with high unemployment, inflation and so on. I haven't been able to go to work all week as my office is very close to the area. It's the same area where Imran Khan held his protest for months last year. Sigh.

The good thing is, the government is shockingly not backing down. These people were led by those who supported that murderer, Qadri, (we were genuinely shocked when he was executed as we thought the government wouldn't have the nerve to do it) and wanted to repeal the recent women's rights bill, for instance, but no dice. They've now either been sent home (some), or arrested (those who burnt and vandalised property) and such.

We will always have a section of society that harbours such beliefs (they're scared the government is making Pakistan 'secular') but the good thing is, it's a small section compared to our overall population. Things are moving in the right direction, slowly.

The terror factions are growing ever more desperate though, as last week's bombing in Lahore (in an attempt to kill Christians who frequent the park) shows. Nearly a 100 killed, women and children prominent among them; families trying to enjoy a day out. It's sickening and so depressing... but one can only try and hold on to some hope. Or it's impossible to live.

My feeling is that the Pakistan bombing is not really directly connected to the incident that sparked this thread, so it should probably have its own thread.

It is a very distressing incident indeed, but it has its own context and deserves a separate discussion.

Oops, the second bomb for the metro is lost (and that is literally the translation of title of the article)

http://www.demorgen.be/binnenland/tweede-bom-voor-metro-is-zoek-b75977f1/

There was a second man who is still not found and who according the media also had bomb but was not able to explode it. 

Oh, we are getting help of the FBI. How nice. 

And my thoughts are of course with Lahore and with Pakistan. 

9 hours ago, Stan the Man Baratheon said:

http://www.jta.org/2016/03/30/news-opinion/world/belgian-vice-pm-acknowledges-street-celebrations-following-brussels-attacks

Disgusting.

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for the Muslims.

Hmm. i heard nothing at all about this in our national press, this is the first I hear about this. Guess it was considered "not-newsworthy"...

A Dutch website confirms what was said: https://jonet.nl/belgische-minister-jambon-op-cidi-symposium

A portrait of one of the bombers of the airport (Najim Laachraoui, the one with a grade in elektromechanics and without a criminal background): http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/36484/Aanslagen-Brussel/article/detail/2661089/2016/03/30/Leraar-kamikaze-Zaventem-Ik-vond-je-een-toffe-jongen-Nu-voel-ik-vooral-schaamte.dhtml

One of his 11/12th grade teachers has written an open letter. Some quotes:

"He was angry at a society that didn't understand Islam"

"At secondary school, his Islam had nothing violent. He enthused that Islam meant "freedom" and "peace" and "education".

"But in the final year, he grew a beard and he refused to shake the hand of a girl. This was not unusual for an Islamic person in Brussels, in search of being-a-Belgian and in search of his religion". (emphasis mine)

"During an oral exam in that final year, we had a long conversation. I felt his deep conviction of the superiority of Islam vis-a-vis the western model, as well as hatred against the latter".

The teacher goes on to state that Laachraoui was intelligent and that his good grades opened doors for him. But he chose another course.

Here's an interesting example of an individual manning the hotline intended for responses to such incidents:

Belgium’s federal hotline for the extremist attacks in Brussels has fired an operator who told a Jewish caller that Israel does not exist and should be called Palestine instead.

An unidentified Jewish man called the hotline, run by the Belgian Interior Ministry, telling the operator that he was a volunteer for the city of Antwerp’s Jewish Coordination Committee.

He said he was seeking assistance for two people injured in the triple suicide bombing claimed by the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) on March 22, adding that they wished to be discharged from medical care as authorities “prepared to” transport them “to Israel.”

The operator responds to the statement that they will travel to Israel by saying: “That’s actually… see… back to Palestine.”

The Jewish man responded: “Not Palestine, Israel.” The operator continued to say that Israel did not exist. “Yes, but that was before Palestine, of course. It’s called Palestine, sir.”

They fired that one, but there is no doubt that the rot is quite widespread.

24 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Here's an interesting example of an individual manning the hotline intended for responses to such incidents:

They fired that one, but there is no doubt that the rot is quite widespread.

They were two videos were two Muslim men were standing on the Israeli flag and another one where a Muslim woman was removing Israeli flag from the memorial and no major news network highlighted that. 

And then they blame antisemitism on "right wing", while their country is literally importing antisemitism. 

There have been cases of some of the most influential mosques actually celebrating people who wanted to impose Sharia law in the UK. It's very scary to think of. I'd like to see a poll on the percentage of muslims (from Wahhabists, sunni and shia) want Sharia law imposed in the UK. As a foreigner it was quite a shock to hear of this news and that nothing was really done about it. News has also come out that radical teachings are still going on in mosques too..

They arrested today Abrini, a friend of Salah Abdeslam who aided Salah during the Paris Attacks. There are even rumors he might be the third attackers of Zaventem (the man with the hat)

They also also arrested someone from Sweden who might have be the one who talked with the attacker at the metro before he blew himself up. 

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20160408_02226213

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 7:44 PM, Stan the Man Baratheon said:

They were two videos were two Muslim men were standing on the Israeli flag and another one where a Muslim woman was removing Israeli flag from the memorial and no major news network highlighted that. 

And then they blame antisemitism on "right wing", while their country is literally importing antisemitism. 

Yes that seems to be the question, are Islamic immigrants a Trojan horse that will eventually cause a sustained conflaguration in the countries they emigrated to as opposed to the occasional flare up that you have now? As far as the Jews go they seem to be leaving Europe in greater and greater numbers, so they are not waiting to find out.

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20160409_02228067?_section=65513441&utm_source=standaard&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=breakingnews&M_BT=909472245823&adh_i=5b1058ffb7c386d58b82d13786b1c22e&imai=

And Abrini confessed to be the dick is the third terrorist of Brussels Airport. (Still would it not be a great plan of those terrorists that one who was arrested to be the third terrorist so the investigators would not search the real one? Or are they not that smart)

Archived