Pick your favourite character and say something negative about them

The Snow Bear

1 hour ago, Maxxine said:

Arya could've ended the war by killing Tywin had she not been soooo (I can't think of the word I really want to use) short-sighted maybe. 

Quite literally true, but how many people given three wishes use them wisely? It's an old literary tradition to waste them. Asking a 9 year old, orphaned, conscripted servant to think in the long term is pushing things. 

Dolorous Edd can't seem to see the Free Folk as anything other than foes.  Also, his reports and updates leave you snickering too much to take things seriously. 

Kevan Lannister couldn't duck when he needed to.

Jon Connington can't flip anyone a double bird without revealing he's diseased.

Ned Stark: He refuses to directly harm innocents, yet in doing so potentially harms much more (i.e not wanting to harm have Dany killed and trying to give Robert's children mercy, which could easily led to civil war) 

Tyrion Lannister: He doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, and probably has Oppositional Defiant Disorder. 

Barristan: He didn't do anything when the king's will got torn up, despite being dismayed. Also, he served Robert faithfully, but then suddenly views him as an usurper after getting dismissed (you served the "usurper" for 17 years, dude!!)

Jon Snow: He led in a way where he was very uninvolved with his men, and didn't keep constant communicate about the reasoning behind his decisions. 

Brienne: She is too sensitive when people insults her (It's not a big fault, but it's all I could find)

Stannis can come off very angry and hard to respond to sometimes

Jaime crippled an inocent kid

Barristan can be abit late to act sometimes and too trusting of the wrong people.

Theon killed the poor millers boys.

Dany is rather temperamental and lets her emotions make most of her big decisions. (Which ends up biting her in the ass when she starts thinking about things because it's then making the best of a bad situation)

Jaime has daddy issues of a father who was an utter asshole.

Jon was outwitted and overpowered by........... Bowen......... Fucking............Marsh. Didn't even get so much as a "Et tu, Mustachio'd elephant?"

Lady Stoneheart believes in collective punishment for Frey's. And while that's mostly awesome, I'll be serious bummed if she murders Daven and his Frey wife. (I'll be laughing hysterically, but I'll be sad about it)

Theon. Oh lordy, where to begin. Let's just go with the line "They were just some millers boys" like that makes everything okay. I mean, it's war, and the innocent get murdered all the time, at least he put their deaths some kind of use. (Even though they would've lived had he been competent), but all the same, that doesn't make their deaths nothing.

Cersei. Oh lordy MK2. Her blind eyes when it comes to Joffrey's monsterhood, her paranoia, her idolization of Joffrey's monsterhood, thinking Tommen was a spineless wretch and then the moment he shows any backbone she quickly tries to squash it. The list goes one.

Sansa's ability to meld with Alayne so completely that she seems to genuinely view Littlefinger as her father makes me uneasy.

Asha Greyjoy is magnificent. I guess her respect for her father pisses me off though. He let her do as she pleased instead of telling her to get in the Kitchen or whatever, and I guess like how Tyrion viewed Jaime, that gave him an infinite pass in her eyes. I mean, she knows he was a bad ruler, but she doesn't really judge him over it.

Tyrion and self-pity. Tyrion and what he did to that nameless slave girl that everyone seems to have all the sympathy in the world for, but the person we've been following for some five books gets nearly none. I get that hurting people hurt people, (Unless you're Rorge or Biter. Then you're just an asshole.) but that's an explanation, not an excuse.

Stannis is iron. And terrified of women who do not use shadowbinding and blood magic.

Doran Martell keeps his secrets too well, so Dorkstar shortens Myrcella by an ear. (In theory, anyway. Part of me hopes that it was actually her double like that nutty bastard Preston Jacobs claims.)

Arianne, well she messed up, but now she's on the path to not messing up.

31 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Val and her inconsistent eye color is irritating to the point people might not know how important she is. 

Are they grey? Are they blue (Does that make her an other?) Are they grey-blue, making her Benjen's bastard child?

Or is she in fact, Daario? We'll never know.

29 minutes ago, The Dragons Hand said:

Jon was outwitted and overpowered by........... Bowen......... Fucking............Marsh. Didn't even get so much as a "Et tu, Mustachio'd elephant?"

\

Stannis is iron. And terrified of women who do not use shadowbinding and blood magic.

Both of these made me laugh very hard. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

Oberyn does not take care of his sons

He doesn't have sons?

Myrcella could have been faster to move away from what was clearly a dangerous situation.

Ned should have told catelyn about Jon's true parentage. Especially!ly after the knew her well enough to know she took her oaths seriously ("I vowed to obey") and he could see the pain and resentmnt his presence was causing her.

Cersei is a psycho, incompetent ruler.

Jon is a hypocrite - he refuses to break his vows by becoming Jon Stark and saving the North, even though breaking them in letter would be staying true to them in spirit (with the North more secure he can better combat the Others, the purpose of the Watch), yet he breaks them by killing the Halfhand and sleeping with Ygritte with the exact same justification -ie he's being true to them in spirit by serving the best interests of the Watch in maintaining his cover.  So he accepts that the rules are there to be obeyed in spirit and not in letter, but still decides to become inflexible.  Love Jon, hate that.

Jaime hunted a little girl with the intention of maiming or killing her, threw a little boy from a tower, was a terrible father. . . 

Brienne never laughs.

Edmure Tully focuses too much on the physical appearance of women.

Tommen is so selfish that he doesn't care what consequences his vendetta against beets will have on farmers.

12 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Quite literally true, but how many people given three wishes use them wisely? It's an old literary tradition to waste them. Asking a 9 year old, orphaned, conscripted servant to think in the long term is pushing things. 

Completely agree with you. But that was my negative about my favorite character. And I  actually could turn it into a positive because she actually realizes how stupid her wishes were & tries to rectify it, which leads to weasel soup.

Archived