Top Of The Lake

AncalagonTheBlack

Great news,i loved the first season and though the gap has been long,i'm excited for season 2.:D

SundanceTV has finally made official what many had been hoping for: Top of the Lake will be returning for a second season. The critically adored series comes from The Piano director Jane Campion, and first debuted in 2013 on SundanceTV and BBC Two. 

Elisabeth Moss, who won a Golden Globe for Season 1, will reprise her role as Robin Griffin, an Australian detective who specializes in working with children. Joining the series in a major role will be Gwendoline Christie, better known as Game of Thrones' Brienne of Tarth and Star Wars: The Force Awakens' cool Stormtrooper in the shiny armor, Captain Phasma. Also cast in Season 2 are David Dencik, Alice Englert, and Ewen Leslie

Season 2 of Top of the Lake will find Griffin investigating the case of a body of an Asian girl that washes up on Sydney's Bondi Beach. Dubbed the case of the "China Girl," Griffin will soon realize that she didn't die alone. 

Top of the Lake is planned for another six-episode season and will air in 2017 in the U.K. on BBC Two and in the U.S. on SundanceTV. Episodes will be available on Hulu the day after they air on SundanceTV. 

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/top-of-the-lake-elisabeth-moss-gwendoline-christie-1201735728/

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I lost interest in the first season due to not being interested in that story or those characters, including the Elizabeth Moss protag.

But the second season's trailers look as though it's far more to my interest -- and it has Gwendoline Christie too! which would make up for Elizabeth Moss.  (That this actor's skills bounce off me, is just me -- many are impressed -- but I never warm to any of the roles she plays, and that includes Peggy in Mad Men.)

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody watching season 2? The BBC released six episodes at once on iPlayer, but IMDB lists seven episodes for season 2. Anyone know for sure if there's going to be a seventh episode? 

The way episode 6 left off did not make sense and it would bum me out of that's how the season ends There was not really a sense of closure. Who was the knock on the door? Did Gwendoline Christie survive? What happened to the guy who shot her on the beach? Did Cinnamon really kill herself? etc 

Archived