Will Jalabhar Xho ever reconquer the Summer Isles?

OIL, BLOOD, Water

This man has been present at EVERY major event in King's Landing since book 1. Will Aegon/Dany help this exiled Summer Isles prince retake his homeland? 

File:Felicia Cano Jhalabar Xho.jpg

Jalabhar Xho has been present for the following events:

-The Hand's Tourney
-Joffrey's Name Day Tourney
-Riot in King's Landing
-Sansa & Tyrion's Wedding
-Purple Wedding
-Arrested on behalf of Cersei, believing him to be one of Margaery's "lovers"
-Still rotting in a dungeon awaiting Margaery's trial.

He's been there before Robert Baratheon died, pleading with the royal family to grant him a small force to retake the Summer Isles from some unknown usurper. For all we know, Jalabhar IS that usurper, since we also know he has been exiled from his homeland (much like Viserys.) 

For all we know, this man was a Zulu-type king in the Summer Isles, with several thousand warriors at his control, ready to be shipped/ferried into Westeros as warriors. If Aegon was to send Jalabhar back to the Summer Islands with the request that he return with soldiers, Aegon would have a group of people willing to fight for control of King's Landing, without Aegon having to use any of his valuable Golden Company mercs. 

Jalabhar is probably the most minor of minor characters in the KL court, but the fact that he has been present for all 5 books and in every major KL event leads me to beleive he will play an extremely significant, but quick role in the future. 

39 minutes ago, direpupy said:

Actually he only wants the Red Flower Vale that was what he was ruler of before exile.

Well he dishonored the Summer Islander tradition by giving away a Goldenheart/goldwood bow to Joff at his wedding, so he kind of burned that bridge. If he wants to go back home, it will be with an army.

Even if he goes back to retake the Red Flower Vale, the rest of the Summer Islanders will be upset at him, I suspect. 

17 hours ago, OIL, BLOOD, Water said:

Well he dishonored the Summer Islander tradition by giving away a Goldenheart/goldwood bow to Joff at his wedding, so he kind of burned that bridge. If he wants to go back home, it will be with an army.

Even if he goes back to retake the Red Flower Vale, the rest of the Summer Islanders will be upset at him, I suspect. 

im not doubting he will go back with an army, just that he will want to take al of the Summer Isle's

17 hours ago, OIL, BLOOD, Water said:

Actually i just used "a Search of Ice and Fire" and goldenheart does not seem to the same as golden wood

A Game of Thrones - Eddard VII

"A hundred golden dragons on the Kingslayer," Littlefinger announced loudly as Jaime Lannister entered the lists, riding an elegant blood bay destrier. The horse wore a blanket of gilded ringmail, and Jaime glittered from head to heel. Even his lance was fashioned from the golden wood of the Summer Isles.

here we see see Jaime can get Golden wood what's stopping him from making a bow?

A Feast for Crows - Prologue

. . . but not as fast as the arrow that whistled after it, a yard-long shaft of golden wood fletched with scarlet feathers. Pate did not see the arrow catch the apple, but he heard it. A soft chunk echoed back across the river, followed by a splash.

A Feast for Crows - Prologue

"The day you make them all is the day you stop improving." Alleras unstrung his longbow and eased it into its leather case. The bow was carved from goldenheart, a rare and fabled wood from the Summer Isles. Pate had tried to bend it once, and failed.

And these two quotes describe the Arrow's and the bow of Alleras, a clear distinction is made between what the arrow and what the bow is made of.

So i don't think he broke any rules with the bow he gave Joffrey.

18 hours ago, OIL, BLOOD, Water said:

I forget.  When was it said that it was dishonorable to give one of their bows as a gift?  Was it when Sam was on the Cinnamin Wind?  Is there a quote?  What is their tradition?  Just can't let anyone else use their bows?  

3 hours ago, King Jaime Lannister said:

I forget.  When was it said that it was dishonorable to give one of their bows as a gift?  Was it when Sam was on the Cinnamin Wind?  Is there a quote?  What is their tradition?  Just can't let anyone else use their bows?  

I believe it's said in The World of Ice and Fire. The wood apparently makes really good bows, and it grows only on the Summer Isles. In the Summer Isles it's illegal to even sell goldenheart wood.

Since he is mentioned so many times and there was no reason to have him play a role, then he is suddenly imprisoned and will be forced to speak at a trial then I think that will be his explosive entrance into the story, whether it be for Cersei or Margaery.

Cersei deserves some just dessert for her throwing him into a cell.

From what's said in the World of Ice and Fire, I don't think Jalabhar Xho could retake Red Flower Vale. From the sounds of it, he's lost a ritualistic 'war', and even if he lands with a Westerosi force, he would be opposed by more than whoever holds his seat. Plus the Westerosi way of war is completely different than the way the Summer Islanders fight.

I think he's really just there for flavour.

I believe Robert Baratheon just liked him hanging around to add some exotic exiled Royalty to his court, the fact he had been there so long pleading for assistance just added to Roberts reputation  for procrastination

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:20 PM, OIL, BLOOD, Water said:

This man has been present at EVERY major event in King's Landing since book 1. Will Aegon/Dany help this exiled Summer Isles prince retake his homeland? 

File:Felicia Cano Jhalabar Xho.jpg

Jalabhar Xho has been present for the following events:

-The Hand's Tourney
-Joffrey's Name Day Tourney
-Riot in King's Landing
-Sansa & Tyrion's Wedding
-Purple Wedding
-Arrested on behalf of Cersei, believing him to be one of Margaery's "lovers"
-Still rotting in a dungeon awaiting Margaery's trial.

He's been there before Robert Baratheon died, pleading with the royal family to grant him a small force to retake the Summer Isles from some unknown usurper. For all we know, Jalabhar IS that usurper, since we also know he has been exiled from his homeland (much like Viserys.) 

For all we know, this man was a Zulu-type king in the Summer Isles, with several thousand warriors at his control, ready to be shipped/ferried into Westeros as warriors. If Aegon was to send Jalabhar back to the Summer Islands with the request that he return with soldiers, Aegon would have a group of people willing to fight for control of King's Landing, without Aegon having to use any of his valuable Golden Company mercs. 

Jalabhar is probably the most minor of minor characters in the KL court, but the fact that he has been present for all 5 books and in every major KL event leads me to beleive he will play an extremely significant, but quick role in the future. 

Winter buries Westeros under ice. The Summer Islands become valuable real estate. Jalabhar goes from penniless exile in gaudy outfits to billionaire playboy. He then dreams of marrying the most beautiful woman in the world and sends Dany a box of blue roses.

Archived