Could Drogon Be The Reincarnation of Balerion

Demonking1381

In the books there are a lot of similarities between Daenarys' dragon Drogon and the dragon of Aegon I, Balerion. Drogon is described to be a large dragon with black scales and blood red horns, claws, and eyes which is similar to Balerion who was given the title of the black dread. But the most convincing fact is that Balerion was said to breathe out black flames when he was in battle and Drogon also happens to breathe black flames. Another convincing fact is that Balerion was said to have been the largest dragon to have ever lived and he was able to cast a shadow over entire towns when he was flying over them. Now Drogon is said to be unusually large for a dragon and growing at an incredible rate. Even though he has been alive for little more than two years his wingspan is already twenty feet long and his body is large enough to eat a horse whole which seems to me like Drogon may be able to match Balerion's size given enough time and food. It is even said that dragons are merely fire made flesh and once they die they become fire once again and it may be possible that Drogon is simply Balerion returning to flesh again. Aggo even comments on how much of a resemblance there is between the to and daenarys says that even if he is Balerion that she will give him a new name for a new life. What do you guys think?

One note about Balerion is that every mentioned rider to mount him sat the IT: Aegon I, Maegor I and Viserys. Drogon clearly is a reference to Balerion the Black Dread, the mount of kings. I think we can take it to mean that whoever mounts him at the end will sit the IT. 

Archived